+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Signings

Signings

I haven't kept a VERY close eye on every deal and I know that wages are likely the problem, but when I see strikers like Perez and Janssen going out on loan I wonder why we were not involved. They may not be world beaters but surely they would provide decent options up front?

Similarly, Besic is clearly going to go out on loan as well - I know that we were interested in him the last time that we were in the Prem., but again surely he would be worth considering as we need midfielders, despite Camarasa hopefully coming in?

I assume that wages are the issue. Aren't some deals still done where the new club pays only part of the wages, just to move the player on even though it is temporarily, or am I being VERY naive?

Re: Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I haven't kept a VERY close eye on every deal and I know that wages are likely the problem, but when I see strikers like Perez and Janssen going out on loan I wonder why we were not involved. They may not be world beaters but surely they would provide decent options up front?

Similarly, Besic is clearly going to go out on loan as well - I know that we were interested in him the last time that we were in the Prem., but again surely he would be worth considering as we need midfielders, despite Camarasa hopefully coming in?

I assume that wages are the issue. Aren't some deals still done where the new club pays only part of the wages, just to move the player on even though it is temporarily, or am I being VERY naive?
    Perez and Jansson are going to be on massive wages, and clubs like West Ham can pay them and we can't. They were both signed for high teens at top 4 clubs (at the time), so their wages will be 80k a week minimum I'd suggest. Allegedly our highest earner in Manga on 24k. Why would a club pay part of the wage when someone else can pay more/all of it, plus a loan fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Perez and Jansson are going to be on massive wages, and clubs like West Ham can pay them and we can't. They were both signed for high teens at top 4 clubs (at the time), so their wages will be 80k a week minimum I'd suggest. Allegedly our highest earner in Manga on 24k. Why would a club pay part of the wage when someone else can pay more/all of it, plus a loan fee?

So I'm right then - it IS wages?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    So I'm right then - it IS wages?
    Yes. We're not about to offer anyone 4 times as much as our next highest paid player.

Location too. Hard to sell Cardiff to someone like Perez when there is interest from another London club.