+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gerrard Contract Terminated

Gerrard Contract Terminated

Oldham have terminated the contract of Anthony Gerrard, the Sky Bet League Two club have announced.

A club statement read: “His contract was terminated for gross misconduct arising from certain social media posts which brought the club into disrepute.

“In accordance with Anthony Gerrard’s contract and Football League procedure, he had 14 days to appeal the decision, no appeal was lodged. As a result his contract with the club has now ended.”

Re: Gerrard Contract Terminated

Signed for Carlisle

What did he say, anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    "I want to go to Carlisle you &#%@&#% #*%&#%&#%# #&@%#%&@%#!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    ‘E told ‘em, Oldham👍

Always thought he was a twat. He acts like a premier league star. He wasn't even Championship standard. If his last name wasn't Gerrard he probably wouldn't have made it into the league.

Proper scouser, Tony

Just been said that he has turned down Watford

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Always thought he was a twat. He acts like a premier league star. He wasn't even Championship standard. If his last name wasn't Gerrard he probably wouldn't have made it into the league.
    Can't say I remember much of how he played for us which can mean one of two things, 1) I am losing my marbles (which I may well have already mentioned before ) or 2) he didn't make much of an impression.

Either way one thing's for sure, I dont like him either as "that" spot kick was one of the worst I've ever seen from a City player.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Can't say I remember much of how he played for us which can mean one of two things, 1) I am losing my marbles (which I may well have already mentioned before ) or 2) he didn't make much of an impression.

Either way one thing's for sure, I dont like him either as "that" spot kick was one of the worst I've ever seen from a City player.
    I thought it was a really bad move letting hm take the kick.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Proper scouser, Tony

Pinching Darcey Blake's Monster Munch

Saw him in town after a match once. Prize bell end.

That talk of awful pens started me thinking. Was it Feeney who took one at the old Canton End, mis-hit it and it hardly reached the keeper

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Saw him in town after a match once. Prize bell end.

That talk of awful pens started me thinking. Was it Feeney who took one at the old Canton End, mis-hit it and it hardly reached the keeper
    Andy Campbell against Leeds?

Philliskirk's effort in a penalty shootout against Exeter (probably missed by all the great fans here, being as there were only 630 of us in the ground).