+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fulham. Signing too many players?

Re: Fulham. Signing too many players?

Just to put some perspective on this Shahid Khan has a net worth of roughly $7.5M, which is around 8x Vincent Tan's current net worth, his ownership of the Jaguars alone is worth more than Tan has. I'd suggest the £100M spent yesterday was written off immediately.

Similarly Fuson who own Wolves are cash rich, the principle shareholder is also roughly worth $7.5M and Wolves don't appear in the top 25 companies in their portfolio or assets.

Both Fulham & Wolves are now in the top 6 in the Premiership as far as owners wealth goes, pushing Man Ure & Leicester out.

I found this after writing my comments above
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs

It's also worth noting that VT net worth according to Forbes has reduced from $1.4M to $800k since 2010, nearly down to his last Ringgit

Added an Extra FIVE palyers

Total new signings 12

Jean Michael Seri (Nice) Undisclosed Details
    Maxime Le Marchand (Nice) Undisclosed Details
    Fabricio Agosto Ramirez (Besiktas) Undisclosed Details
    Andre Schurrle (Borussia Dortmund) Loan Details
    Aleksandar Mitrovic (Newcastle United) Undisclosed Details
    Alfie Mawson (Swansea City) Undisclosed Details
    Calum Chambers (Arsenal) Loan Details
    Sergio Rico (Sevilla) Loan Details
    Joe Ryan (Bristol City) Undisclosed Details
    Luciano Vietto (Atletico Madrid) Loan Details
    Timothy Fosu-Mensah (Man Utd) Loan Details
    Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa (Marseille) Undisclosed Details

Sort your billions, millions, and thousand out

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just to put some perspective on this Shahid Khan has a net worth of roughly $7.5M, which is around 8x Vincent Tan's current net worth, his ownership of the Jaguars alone is worth more than Tan has. I'd suggest the £100M spent yesterday was written off immediately.

Similarly Fuson who own Wolves are cash rich, the principle shareholder is also roughly worth $7.5M and Wolves don't appear in the top 25 companies in their portfolio or assets.

Both Fulham & Wolves are now in the top 6 in the Premiership as far as owners wealth goes, pushing Man Ure & Leicester out.

It's also worth noting that VT net worth according to Forbes has reduced from $1.4M to $800k since 2010, nearly down to his last Ringgit
    I think you may be a number of 000's out in your valuations but point taken. However, I didn't think FFP was about owners wealth but about the money generated by the club in relation to its income? I'm sure there are ways around this such as stadium naming rights but even so, there is a limit.

Reflecting on Fulham's business vs ours, I think that in relative terms we are closer to them in squad quality than we were last season with the addition of a hopefully more technically able midfield. Our ability to step up our overall quality of play now hinges almost entirely on how much the midfield is able to improve in my view.

Thanks for pointing out the error of ways, no wonder I can't balance the books at work! Not used to using a B

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just to put some perspective on this Shahid Khan has a net worth of roughly $7.5B, which is around 8x Vincent Tan's current net worth, his ownership of the Jaguars alone is worth more than Tan has. I'd suggest the £100M spent yesterday was written off immediately.

Similarly Fuson who own Wolves are cash rich, the principle shareholder is also roughly worth $7.5B and Wolves don't appear in the top 25 companies in their portfolio or assets.

It's also worth noting that VT net worth according to Forbes has reduced from $1.4B to $800M since 2010, nearly down to his last Ringgit

Looking back at the money and contracts that Fulham must have handed out, they must be right up that creek without a paddle now. Huge fire sale to balance the books and money well wasted.
    At least we've got players who don't have ego's too big for a championship season if we do go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I predict 14th for Fulham
    I meant relegated by the 14th of April!

I’m much happier with our scenario if we go down. £50m spent (once we pay for Sala) but with players like Murphy and Reid who are championship ready and a manager who knows how to get promoted. Just need to buy a new midfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I meant relegated by the 14th of April!
    not a great thread for you

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    not a great thread for you
    I’m no expert but I still cannot believe how badly they’ve done.

Got to be the worse season ever, it’s been so bad that going down is painless, because we have known for months

Interesting reading through this thread again