+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham. Signing too many players?

Re: Fulham. Signing too many players?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Funny how quickly we’ve turned into the jacks after getting promoted, everyone doing different to us is doing it wrong!!!!

Fulham and wolves have spent well, £100 million is nothing when you’ve got premier league money and backed by an extremely rich owner.
    The question related not to how much is being spent but the number of new players being introduced.
    Of course the money does impact in terms of expected quality, on the existing players and the total liability.

There is no way they can gel all these new players into a team quickly. It will take at least a couple if months. Most of them wont have even met before the first game on the weekend. Lets hope at the end of the season they get relegated by one point, then they can have a good old moan, again, about 'if only we would have started the season well we would have qualified for Champions League'.

How do you know they’re going to start every single new signing and not slowly integrate them? How do you know they won’t immediately gel?

There are only 3 games then an international break so they’ve plenty of time.

Players were signed last year up to the 31st after 3 or 4 matches and managed to fit in.

The green eyed monsters on this thread are laughable

They have made some unbelievable signings for a promoted club.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Exactly someone was calling them desperate for signing Anguissa, id be feeling much more confident if we’d done there business.

BUT WHAT IF THEYVE SIGNED TOO MANY GOOD PLAYERS!

Exactly someone was calling them desperate for signing Anguissa, id be feeling much more confident if we’d done there business.

How can you have too many good players

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Well good luck to them getting 11 players to gel
    Relegation fodder, followed by bankruptcy, followed by playing in front of 3k in Div2 at Wembley , beside that it will all be fine.

Something about gelling, ridiculous

The thing is we know they have a good manager too who’s integrated Mitrovic in January without upsetting anything.

Plus their 3 best players from last season; Mitrovic, Sessegnon and Cairney will all still start.

Last week they were going to struggle because they didn’t have enough players now they’ve got too many!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Relegation fodder, followed by bankruptcy, followed by playing in front of 3k in Div2 at Wembley , beside that it will all be fine.
    The owner is buying Wembley for his NFL team not fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There is no way they can gel all these new players into a team quickly. It will take at least a couple if months. Most of them wont have even met before the first game on the weekend. Lets hope at the end of the season they get relegated by one point, then they can have a good old moan, again, about 'if only we would have started the season well we would have qualified for Champions League'.
    I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble. They currently only have 19 senior players on their books. Quite a few of their first team squad last season were on loan, left at the end of the season and they haven't resigned any of them. They also lost Fredericks to West Ham. This smacks of a desperation signing and there are only a few weeks left in the window. Thats not preparing for life in the Premier League - they are way behind us and Wolves.
    Oh what a difference a day makes 🎼

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I think the surprise is that it seems most thought your team last season to be good enough for the premiership.
    Keeping those players and all the new players happy will not be easy.
    No because tne players that got us up were mainly loan players, and we lost a key player in Ryan Federicks, so we needed to get players in quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    If you sign a 30mio player who plays shit enough for you to get relegated, you ain't getting that 30mio back mate.
    And how much would we get for mitrovic, cairney and sessagnon in today’s market ? If we went down 60m easily

Funny how quickly we’ve turned into the jacks after getting promoted, everyone doing different to us is doing it wrong!!!!

Fulham and wolves have spent well, £100 million is nothing when you’ve got premier league money and backed by an extremely rich owner.
    I totally agree with you,it’s not a lot to these guys

Oh what a difference a day makes ��
    As you well know, my second post above was made some weeks ago.

As you well know, my second post above was made some weeks ago.
    24 little hourrrrsssss🎼

I will put my neck out and say they will not be anywhere near relegation

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Agreed all this talk about gelling as if it’s impossible for 11 great players to play together

Relegated by October. I'm not bitter in anyway .

I predict 14th for Fulham

I do think it's quite ridiculous to make that many changes overnight. It could be a massive financial blunder to put so much hope on getting the kind of team spirit that they will need. QPR spent big on household names who were only there for the money. Also, we signed some turkeys that nobody else wanted last time we went up. It's going to be interesting to see if these new players are going to contribute or be the next Cornelius.

I don’t see how anyone can compare the signings QPR made to what Fulham have, Fulham’s are well scouted and well known young talented players. QPR in the main signed over priced old shite like samba and Ferdinand.

It could all go wrong with Fulham but those players should still be worth something.

I don’t see how anyone can compare the signings QPR made to what Fulham have, Fulham’s are well scouted and well known young talented players. QPR in the main signed over priced old shite like samba and Ferdinand.

It could all go wrong with Fulham but those players should still be worth something.
    Well Samba signed in January that season and Ferdinand two years later. The other signings they made in the summer window that I was talking about are similar to Fulhams and they finished bottom that season. The point is that when you change things this much you have no idea about the dressing room dynamic. It might work for them in the long run but it's a huge risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    I totally agree with you,it’s not a lot to these guys
    I'd say that, essentially, us and Fulham are similar sized clubs and I'm being deadly serious when I say that I would be very worried about what the future held in the medium and long terms for my team if City had spent the sort of money you have this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Agreed all this talk about gelling as if it’s impossible for 11 great players to play together
    I thought the comment was about using hair products....

I predict 14th for Fulham
    Jamie Kemble, of Inside Sports Wales and follower of Spanish football, doesn't rate Rico or Vietto.

I reckon 8-10 is a manageable number of signings in a window while still improving quality to face challenge of higher league. We've gone under that while Fulham have gone over - both projects interesting to keep an eye on.