+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Harry Arter signs a one year loan deal

OFFICIAL: Harry Arter signs a one year loan deal

He can't play on Satuday

Re: OFFICIAL: Harry Arter signs a one year loan deal

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    He can't play on Satuday
    Excellent news - and probably just as well. He can, however, tell us all about how Bournemouth are likely to set up against us...

Welcome aboard 'arry

Pleased with that. Should fit in well.

Prefer him to Grujic personally.

Excellent news. Looking a lot better now. Lets get behind the team now and upset a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    No ayatollah. This lad takes no shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    No ayatollah. This lad takes no shit.
    Send him back

Today was a good day. We’re ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Today was a good day. We’re ready to go!
    Buzzing, we have hope....and a decent team. Whether it’s enough who knows but you know they will give it all they can which is all we can ask.��

You know you've hit the big time when the digital billboard on the A40 in London is showing our latest signing with the headline Breaking News.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Pleased with that. Should fit in well.

Prefer him to Grujic personally.
    And me , thought the Grujic panic, was so over the top, it was as if he was some bloody superstar , thought he lacked a lot of composure when playing for us ,showed some promise ,come the end of tge seadon nail biter we decided on Brayson(and rightly so )

I always wondred how he would fair in the Premiership, Liverpool seem to want him out , and putting our hopes on him , was a little worrying for me ,especially when you consider is lack of experience and tender age .

The two lads we have are better, by far , one is a proven operator in this league , the other has played against top quality, in La Liga.

Good signing that! Hopefully we got a midfield duo today.

Last season Arter played in 13 of Bournemouth's 38 games.

He started the first 5 and completed 90 minutes in each. Bournemouth lost the first 4 winning the 5th against Brighton.

His last PL game was the New Year Day draw at Brighton, he didn't feature in any of their last 16 league games.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Last season Arter played in 13 of Bournemouth's 38 games.

He started the first 5 and completed 90 minutes in each. Bournemouth lost the first 4 winning the 5th against Brighton.

His last PL game was the New Year Day draw at Brighton, he didn't feature in any of their last 16 league games.
    How many games did Gareth Bale start at Spurs before they won a game?

1/4, of games in the premier league last year makes him one of our most experienced campaigners and he fits a position that needs strengthening, all while not costing any money long term.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

1/4, of games in the premier league last year makes him one of our most experienced campaigners and he fits a position that needs strengthening, all while not costing any money long term.
    Well said

Can people not quote that creep, I put him on ignore because it depresses me how much of a sad act he is. Doesn’t even support Cardiff and has done a statistical analysis of both their new signings

If you think comparing Arter with Bale makes sense, then knock yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Can people not quote that creep, I put him on ignore because it depresses me how much of a sad act he is. Doesn’t even support Cardiff and has done a statistical analysis of both their new signings
    Hardly an analysis, the stats are there for anyone who can use complex tools ,such as Google.

If you think comparing Arter with Bale makes sense, then knock yourself out.
    You're such a a sweetheart. Can I ask you why it's such a ludicrous comparison? There are weaknesses to it, yes, but my point would be that correlation doesn't mean causation and Bale in a different 11 was premier league player of the year and then champions league winner (multiple times). Surely that answers your implied point nicely.

You're such a a sweetheart. Can I ask you why it's such a ludicrous comparison? There are weaknesses to it, yes, but my point would be that correlation doesn't mean causation and Bale in a different 11 was premier league player of the year and then champions league winner (multiple times). Surely that answers your implied point nicely.
    You are comparing Gareth Bale with Harry Arter and you need me to expand on why that is ludicrous?

You are comparing Gareth Bale with Harry Arter and you need me to expand on why that is ludicrous?

You are just upset because we signed two good quality midfielders, which messes with your forecasts of our midfield being worse than Derbys and also relegation by Christmas.

Remembering that there were once doubts over Bale and Mail articles highlighting spurs never won with him in response to your post doubting Arter and highlighting that Bournemouth didn't start well last year. You seem to like stats tonight, can you find Bale's paper rating at the time to Arter's last year? If they both scored 5 and 6's at the time then another way they're similar.

Of course Bale's potential was recognised and he kept being picked whereas Howe thought he needed to move on from Arter and Arter wasn't favoured again. But we don't need Arter to impress Howe this season, just to significantly improve our midfield and help us stay up. In the other thread you admit he does significantly improve our midfield options so 50% of his job done and it sounds like he wants to impress Howe (or another premier league manager) which he'll do by competing the other 50%. Sounds like a decent signing on the face of it.

You seem to like stats tonight, can you find Bale's paper rating at the time to Arter's last year? If they both scored 5 and 6's at the time then another way they're similar.
    I like stats every night. By the way, the burden of proof is on the person who thinks comparing Bale with Arter makes any sense at all. You can find the newspaper reports, if you wish, but I would question their validity - being as it's just one person's opinion of a player performance in one game.

I tell you what, when Arter is snapped up by Real for £100m and he single-handedly gets Ireland to the European Championship semis in 2020 - then you can bounce this thread and tell me that comparing Arter with Bale was absolutely valid and in no way sensationalist.