Re: Shirt numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Etheridge 1
    Who will get shit number 2?

Murphy 11
    Arta 7

I think we are the only club in the Premier League not to have released squad numbers for the season. Wtf?

I did tweet the club asking when the squad numbers were being released.. met by silence as usual.

We are terrible for stuff like this.

Still it could be worse remember they released the squad numbers but said they were keeping the number 7 for someone (koumas) and then we didn’t sign him

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    We are terrible for stuff like this.

Still it could be worse remember they released the squad numbers but said they were keeping the number 7 for someone (koumas) and then we didn’t sign him
    But in came Whitts

First season back in the Premier League, great chance for the club to sell a load of shirts with the name and new number on the back... as usual last lap and don't manage to release them before the first game!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    But in came Whitts
    Yes worked out in the end, even if we did have to wait until January

Tomlin 26 Pilks 27

If we sell a player abroad we can change the 25.
    Any ideas

I'm confused about the timetable and rules around the 25 man squad. Partly down to reading Wales Online!

My understanding was that EPL clubs had to submit their 25 man squads to the EPL the day after the summer window closed - i.e. yesterday! That fits with Warnock's pre-Bournmouth comments and the rash of EPL club announcements about shirt numbers in the last 24 hours. I can't see anything for Cardiff in a search - but I can see most of the others.

I also thought that was it until January - no changing the 25 if a club loans out a player to the EFL or a foreign league before the end of the month (again this may be based on Wales Online's final position - although they were saying different only a few days ago), but others on here think the 25 can be amended. My understanding was that if a club was thinking of loaning a player out, they wouldn't risk wasting a slot by putting him in the 25. If they did and still decided to loan him out a few weeks later they would have to run with fewer than 25 players until January - but I can't find any simple and reliable explanation of the rules anywhere (not even in a skim read of the 300+ page EPL Rulebook 2018-19 pdf).

Head hurts!

This is still confusing, doesn't quite clarify it

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ealed-13056532

When can clubs make changes to their Squad List?

Changes can only be made to their squad list during a transfer window, meaning clubs will have to wait until January to register any more players after today.

But, in special circumstances, clubs can request changes with the permission of the Premier League Board.

When will the lists be announced by the Premier League?

Although the transfer window shuts at 5pm today in England, Premier League clubs are still able to sell and loan players abroad until the European window shuts on August 31.

With changes to squads certain to extend past today's deadline, the Premier League will publish each club's 25-man squad list on September 1.

5. Ian Rush