+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young feral scum at away games

Young feral scum at away games

Do have more of them than other similar teams? We seem to have a load of feckless little scumbags who travel away and behaving appallingly at every opportunity. The coin throwing yesterday is just one example. Older fans around them seem to tolerate it as well, puts me off travelling away to be honest

Re: Young feral scum at away games

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Do have more of them than other similar teams? We seem to have a load of feckless little scumbags who travel away and behaving appallingly at every opportunity. The coin throwing yesterday is just one example. Older fans around them seem to tolerate it as well, puts me off travelling away to be honest
    There are cameras everywhere these days they can be identified and should be.

We certainly have a younger fanbase than some other clubs, especially away. The main advantage of this is it leads to a great atmosphere in the away end, the downside is they can go too far at times

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We certainly have a younger fanbase than some other clubs, especially away. The main advantage of this is it leads to a great atmosphere in the away end, the downside is they can go too far at times
    How many coins were thrown , two ?

A shame one or two individuals spoil it though .....

If you see something, say something.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    How many incidents did we have last season? The season before? It seems to be at the bigger games - tickets sold on to non-regulars? - but doesn't usually happen.

Are you sure it was youngsters ?
    We have quite a few travel with us and in general they are pretty well behaved.

Sometimes the problems we have are from people old enough to know better

Our away support definitely has a problem, but then so do most football clubs. It’s embarrassing the way grown men and kids think it’s ok to act.

It seems being in a football ground lets you get away with acting like a compete twat with zero punishment.

Those who travel must know who the culprits are. Why don't they report them for the sake of the club's reputation? Is there anything our coach operators can do to ensure those who have tickets are entitled to receive them and thereby travel to away games.? It only takes one idiot to undo all the good work the club has done to deal with the juvenile behaviour of grown adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Those who travel must know who the culprits are. Why don't they report them for the sake of the club's reputation? Is there anything our coach operators can do to ensure those who have tickets are entitled to receive them and thereby travel to away games.? It only takes one idiot to undo all the good work the club has done to deal with the juvenile behaviour of grown adults.
    The last sentence is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    How many coins were thrown , two ?

A shame one or two individuals spoil it though .....
    There was a scuffle at the end of the game as well, although they looked like older fans, I'm 18 so I'm always with guys who are 16-25 and they're all well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Unless you were stood next to them I doubt you'd know who they were, I didn't even notice the coin until Fraser walked onto the pitch and picked it up

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Our away support definitely has a problem, but then so do most football clubs. It’s embarrassing the way grown men and kids think it’s ok to act.

It seems being in a football ground lets you get away with acting like a compete twat with zero punishment.
    It’s like a ladies tea party compared to the 80’s, soon breaking wind will result in a 30 day ban

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s like a ladies tea party compared to the 80’s, soon breaking wind will result in a 30 day ban
    What does that matter though? It used to be worse so don’t worry about it ?

You can get away with being a complete c*nt inside a football ground at the moment. No one gets arrested despite there always being a police presence too.

The thing is it’s become normalised too much, I’m all for a good atmosphere but that can be kept without people behaving like simpletons.

As someone who can barley class myself as a younger fan at least for 1 more year (25), I find the only trouble I have ever seen following Cardiff for the last 10 years is from pissed up 50 year olds who still think they are in the 80's

You can get away with being a complete c*nt inside a football ground at the moment. No one gets arrested despite there always being a police presence too.

The thing is it’s become normalised too much, I’m all for a good atmosphere but that can be kept without people behaving like simpletons.

Yep I agree, no place for it. Ban them

There were some right bellends in the pre-season friendly at Torquay as well. They made us look really bad.

The worst of them was the end nearest the gate.

People are probably going to hang me for this, but I think that it's a south wales thing. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen with other clubs, because it does, but we seem to have an unfeasible amount of retards, especially for the big games. I can't understand why people have to drink so much, I've seen people asleep at games or who can't even stand up, add in the aggression both verbally and physically, it makes for a shit day when you're surrounded by these people. South Wales has a serious problem with Alcohol, it seems that some people can't function without being pissed up at an event, and that's not just youngsters. I've worked all over the UK, and apart from one or two places, I've not experienced the drinking culture that exists here, or the importance put on boozing. Have a drink, by all means, enjoy yourself, but don't think it acceptable to be pissed up and aggressive in public. It is a problem in South Wales, every event seems to begin and end with a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A fart is at best unpleasant but throwing coins can seriously hurt someone.The only people that are bigger arseholes than these people are the ones that think its proper not to grass on them.Cowardly pieces of shit,the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People are probably going to hang me for this, but I think that it's a south wales thing. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen with other clubs, because it does, but we seem to have an unfeasible amount of retards, especially for the big games. I can't understand why people have to drink so much, I've seen people asleep at games or who can't even stand up, add in the aggression both verbally and physically, it makes for a shit day when you're surrounded by these people. South Wales has a serious problem with Alcohol, it seems that some people can't function without being pissed up at an event, and that's not just youngsters. I've worked all over the UK, and apart from one or two places, I've not experienced the drinking culture that exists here, or the importance put on boozing. Have a drink, by all means, enjoy yourself, but don't think it acceptable to be pissed up and aggressive in public. It is a problem in South Wales, every event seems to begin and end with a drink.
    Agree 100%, maybe a young working class thing rather than a South Wales thing. Growing up all my mates ever wanted to do was drink.

Agree 100%, maybe a young working class thing rather than a South Wales thing. Growing up all my mates ever wanted to do was drink.
    Yup, don't know how old you are, i'm mid forties, and there was no other option than to get pissed up, atleast that's how it felt. Not one person told me that drinking was optional, it was the way it was. I think that there is a marked difference with the younger generation, they seem more confident in themselves and don't seem to be as pressured into drinking as my generation was. Things have changed and they have more choice and more education, sadly, it seems like the ones that are left behind or stuck in poorer environments with less choice are still victims to that kind of culture.

Yup, don't know how old you are, i'm mid forties, and there was no other option than to get pissed up, atleast that's how it felt. Not one person told me that drinking was optional, it was the way it was. I think that there is a marked difference with the younger generation, they seem more confident in themselves and don't seem to be as pressured into drinking as my generation was. Things have changed and they have more choice and more education, sadly, it seems like the ones that are left behind or stuck in poorer environments with less choice are still victims to that kind of culture.
    Early 30s I was shocked when I moved away that there were other options. I grew up in the valleys and there probably wasn’t a lot else to do other than play football or drink.

Agree. Having just graduated from Cardiff Uni, people in Cathays who weren't welsh couldn't believe the amount the welsh lot would put away on a night out, or just at the pub, which obviously then just rubs off on people. Think Cardiff Uni is one of the biggest drinking uni's there is. I also work for a supermarket, and our cardiff stores sell by far more than stores in other UK cities. South Wales has a massive drinking problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Agree. Having just graduated from Cardiff Uni, people in Cathays who weren't welsh couldn't believe the amount the welsh lot would put away on a night out, or just at the pub, which obviously then just rubs off on people. Think Cardiff Uni is one of the biggest drinking uni's there is. I also work for a supermarket, and our cardiff stores sell by far more than stores in other UK cities. South Wales has a massive drinking problem.
    I was contracting all over the country, so i'd meet lads from all over the place, we'd all be in digs, so the evenings were a bit boring, something to eat and maybe a beer or two, that would be it-killing time. The English lads couldn't believe how much the Welsh lads would drink, Tuesday night and five or six pints-no problem, then up at 6 to start on site for 7.30-Right as Rain! I'm not saying it was exclusive, but there is a problem in my opinion.

you’re certainly not wrong there.