+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football fans can be so biased

Football fans can be so biased

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There is no way they can gel all these new players into a team quickly. It will take at least a couple if months. Most of them wont have even met before the first game on the weekend. Lets hope at the end of the season they get relegated by one point, then they can have a good old moan, again, about 'if only we would have started the season well we would have qualified for Champions League'.
    I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble. They currently only have 19 senior players on their books. Quite a few of their first team squad last season were on loan, left at the end of the season and they haven't resigned any of them. They also lost Fredericks to West Ham. This smacks of a desperation signing and there are only a few weeks left in the window. Thats not preparing for life in the Premier League - they are way behind us and Wolves.
    changing their opinion quicker than they change in the morning

Re: Football fans can be so biased

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I am beginning to think that you are a bit of an idiot. The posts dont contradict each other at all and I havent changed my opinion. The first one points out that four weeks into the transfer window Fulham had only signed one player and the second that they have now signed about another ten in desperation over a few days, in a vain attempt to play catch up, whereas both Wolves and ourselves did business early. I know which policy I prefer and which teams are likely to gel much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Where's the contradiction?

Way behind us

Deluded old fool

I am beginning to think that you are a bit of an idiot. The posts dont contradict each other at all and I havent changed my opinion. The first one points out that four weeks into the transfer window Fulham had only signed one player and the second that they have now signed about another ten in desperation over a few days, in a vain attempt to play catch up, whereas both Wolves and ourselves did business early. I know which policy I prefer and which teams are likely to gel much quicker.
    Do you actually know the players they have bought? I can see Fulham finishing top ten easily

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Do you actually know the players they have bought? I can see Fulham finishing top ten easily
    I'd somehow missed that they got Schurrle. What a signing that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    At the start of the season they will be a bunch of individuals, not a team. It will take them 7 or 8 games at least to gel.

Heisenberg

At the start of the season they will be a bunch of individuals, not a team. It will take them 7 or 8 games at least to gel.
    They can use 9 of the players who started the Play-Off final in their match against Palace today: Bettinelli, Odoi, Ream, McDonald, Cairney, Johansen, Kamara, Sessegnon and Mitrovic.

Christie also came on in the final, so that's 10 players from last season that they can use, should they wish, and would only need to integrate a left-back into the team. I'm not saying that they will use these players, just using it as an example of how they have still got the core of their promotion team there if they need it, so won't need to "gel".

It will be interesting to see what they do.

Took them about 5 minutes..