+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Free Agent Forwards

Free Agent Forwards

We can still sign them right?

Probably unlikely but Neil’s gone that route before.

Some reasonable players without clubs at the moment

Rossi
    Agbonlahor
    Nasri
    Sako
    Ben Arfa

Re: Free Agent Forwards

When do clubs have to name their 25 man squads?

Very soon? Tomorrow? I had a quick look for the date on the interweb but couldn't find it - even on the EPL site.

Once that has passed I don't think clubs can add or change, even with free agents. Or can they?

Nasri just had an 18 month extension on his drug ban I think

Wouldn’t bother signing any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Rossi
    Agbonlahor
    Nasri
    Sako
    Ben Arfa
    Sako would be the one I would take a punt on. Thought he was doing well for Palace before he got injured last season.

After tomorrow we can get free players, but as the squad has to be named tomorrow, just what would be the point in signing a player just to play in cup games etc and not the premier!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    After tomorrow we can get free players, but as the squad has to be named tomorrow, just what would be the point in signing a player just to play in cup games etc and not the premier!
    Squad submission is up to September 1st as you can still sell players or at least I think it is

No, has to be submitted tomorrow but the premier league will only announce it on September 1st. why this is I have no idea, as I cannot find anything anywhere that says, that after tomorrow once submitted you can alter the squad named, perhaps someone can find it!

Sakho really impressed me at wolves and palace. I knew he had a bad injury I can only assume it's had a big affect.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Rossi
    Agbonlahor
    Nasri
    Sako
    Ben Arfa
    My one main fear this coming season, is that we won't we won't score enough goals to win games. Goals win games! No point in drawing too many as we'll end up in a relegation dogfight. Neil obviously thinks we have enough firepower, or he has a loan singing lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    My one main fear this coming season, is that we won't we won't score enough goals to win games. Goals win games! No point in drawing too many as we'll end up in a relegation dogfight. Neil obviously thinks we have enough firepower, or he has a loan singing lined up.
    We added thirty goals to the squad when we signed Reid and Murphy, people seem to forget that.

Anyway, Wales Online (who, admittedly, have got things wrong when it comes to what we can do once the window has closed this week) are saying that we can't even sign free agents now.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...whats-15010287

If they sign out of contract/ free agents this morning then they can be registered as part of the 25 i think that 5pm is when premier clubs have to submit their 25, but it could be noon on the other hand Wol might be right for a change

If they sign out of contract/ free agents this morning then they can be registered as part of the 25 i think that 5pm is when premier clubs have to submit their 25, but it could be noon on the other hand Wol might be right for a change
    So what will happen if the teams in Europe buy players from here? If hazard is sold Chelsea will only have a 24 man squad?

From what I read I think today is the day to post your 25 which still seems odd as players can still leave for the EFL and Europe (I think) until the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We added thirty goals to the squad when we signed Reid and Murphy, people seem to forget that.

Anyway, Wales Online (who, admittedly, have got things wrong when it comes to what we can do once the window has closed this week) are saying that we can't even sign free agents now.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...whats-15010287
    Cheers Bob, as you rightly say Reid & Murphy will add firepower to the team. Maybe I am worrying needlessly, as I have 100% faith on Warnock to keep us up. No matter what happens between now and next May it cannot be anywhere near as bad as the last time we were in the top division.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Sakho really impressed me at wolves and palace. I knew he had a bad injury I can only assume it's had a big affect.
    I luv that wine

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    So what will happen if the teams in Europe buy players from here? If hazard is sold Chelsea will only have a 24 man squad?
    World's gone mad,you only need eleven on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    World's gone mad,you only need eleven on the pitch
    What if they sold 20 players do they play 5 a side

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It doesn't work like that