+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sean Dyche spittin truth

Re: Sean Dyche spittin truth

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Which according to the stats is exactly what we did last season - we had most possession in final 3rd of any team in our division.
    Interesting. Any links to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We have 3 warm up games, and the we get to see Warnock's Way against Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City. The contrast in styles should be interesting
    I think you are talking about the contrast in player quality surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think you are talking about the contrast in player quality surely?
    Yep, but also the tactical systems. I haven't watched much Premier League football since we were there last time, so it will be interesting to see how we fare this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yep, but also the tactical systems. I haven't watched much Premier League football since we were there last time, so it will be interesting to see how we fare this time around.
    I knew that really - I was trying (badly) to make the point that if Man City played our tactics with their players then they'd still beat our quality of players using their tactics, even if our players were relatively skilled in keeping possession.

I knew that really - I was trying (badly) to make the point that if Man City played our tactics with their players then they'd still beat our quality of players using their tactics, even if our players were relatively skilled in keeping possession.
    Yeah, but we've got the Warnock Way which is the real deal! We have a direct lineage with the past, and all the footballing greats still with us, and in heaven will be cheering us on

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    POMO is positions of maximum opportunity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charle...tball_manager)
    Charles Reep mentioned in the dissertation, spent years before the war studying newspaper reports of league matches. His statistical analysis concluded that 80% of goals came as a result of no more than 3 moves. The successful Wolves sides of the late 1950's and also Wimbledon years later, were based on the same premise ; get the ball into the opposition penalty area as often as possible..

Is Ethan Scholes Ampadu your new Ronaldo?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    got to disagree with almost everything that's written above

the british disease will get results as proved by dyke , pullis and warnock but won't create world class footballers . just look how many foreign players ply there trade in the prem for example . let's face it we are now just churning out robots pretty much the same as rugby
    Butland played under Hughes and Lambert but it was Pickford playing under Allardyce who was by far the better keeper. Dortmund may have produced wonderful midfielders and forwards but what top class defender has Klopp produced? Teams need to be more and more technically gifted but a leader and organiser are still needed and old-school British coaches can produce that seemingly better than most.

What I would be interested to see is if football ever follows rugby or NFL and has offensive and defensive coaches. I agree with you more than Dyche but would much prefer Dyche organising my defence than Pep.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Butland played under Hughes and Lambert but it was Pickford playing under Allardyce who was by far the better keeper. Dortmund may have produced wonderful midfielders and forwards but what top class defender has Klopp produced? Teams need to be more and more technically gifted but a leader and organiser are still needed and old-school British coaches can produce that seemingly better than most.

What I would be interested to see is if football ever follows rugby or NFL and has offensive and defensive coaches. I agree with you more than Dyche but would much prefer Dyche organising my defence than Pep.
    Matts hummels?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

With NFL though it makes more sense to have separate attack and defence coaches, as there are different players doing it.
    Warnot sides almost fit into that category with players either there to attack or defend.

But in pep sides the attacking players are an important part of the defensive pressure, and the transition from defence to attack is where their main strength lies.

I understand your point, and don't disagree that having good technical skills is really important if you want to be a top quality professional footballer, I just prefer the directness of NW type football to the alternative. I also think there are so many foreign players here as we can choose the pick of the world's talent with the wages we pay, so that's not surprising really.

I watched the highlights of Ampadu posted on here the other night and basically felt sorry for the lad. I can't imagine anyone young feeling that they wanted to be remembered for being able to pass a ball quickly and over short distances with a high success rate. The game he experienced looked mind-numbingly boring. Having said that the only time I saw him in an attacking position he had two terrible shots - so maybe that's the limit of his ability right now.
    He's a defensive player, what were you expecting?