+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

Re: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I have a masters in psychology as well as two other degrees and I can say for a fact that what Jordan Peterson says and writes is not “pseudo intellectual mumbo jumbo”. Try watching his discussion with Camille Paglia regarding their interpretation of intersectionalist feminism through the lens of Jung’s animus/anima theories. Peterson is adamant that western societies need both left and right wing personality types to work together if our culture is to endure and our economy to flourish.
    Unfortunately those pulling the strings want to control who is allowed to become a candidate, for those on the right and the left. They like the interchangeable types who I mention above, Bush, Clinton, Blaire, Cameron, etc., who don't really stand for anything except the status quo. Any outsider will face a highly orchestrated dirty tricks campaign, to ensure they get nowhere near assuming power. Fortunately on this occasion, they have all been caught in the act!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You said "the left in America/Canada which Peterson holds a heavy dislike for", so by a process of elimination, that means you think he supports the right and the person you hate the most! I think you may have already messed up any chance you had of understanding what he has to say, due to your confirmation bias.

BTW have you been out for a long beer lunch?
    You have just done to me what most people do to Jordan Peterson, made a bogus approximation of what I think based solely upon what you thought I believed and not what I actually say.

I have some time for Peterson and I think he occupies a rather empty zone within the mainstream coverage of politics which makes him a useful aid to discussion. He can be a bit dramatic at times but I have no doubt that is just to encourage the fan boys.

You are acting like a 12 year old girl whose favourite popstar has just been insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You have just done to me what most people do to Jordan Peterson, made a bogus approximation of what I think based solely upon what you thought I believed and not what I actually say.

I have some time for Peterson and I think he occupies a rather empty zone within the mainstream coverage of politics which makes him a useful aid to discussion. He can be a bit dramatic at times but I have no doubt that is just to encourage the fan boys.

You are acting like a 12 year old girl whose favourite popstar has just been insulted.
    Not at all. I know how society works, narratives are created through storytelling, and they don't even have to be true. Just keep on repeating the message, get the media onboard and voila, a new construct is created. I can see why the people who are involved this kind of thing dislike Peterson, cos he deals in decontructing reality. I've actually been running my own social experiment of sorts, seeing what it would take for people to reach an awareness that would make them question their own information system attachments. Surprisingly, people double down when their world views are challenged. In fact, people group together as though strength in numbers will make their beliefs stay true. It's all very fascinating, and now we have our own psychologist onboard to add some analysis.

I think Mr Peterson has hit the nail on the head ,he's a shrewd lad,