+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

  1. #1

    Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

    The Canadian psychology professor’s stardom is evidence that leftism is on the decline—and deeply vulnerable.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/567110/

  2. #2

    Re: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

    An interesting article, and before the usual suspects start crying, The Atlantic is a centre-left publication!

    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-atlantic/

  3. #3

    Re: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

    Very intresting read thanks for both uploads , I now understand the word Jungian.

    Peterson appears to be a political self-help analyst, I'm guessing left wing politics will now deem him right wing , however he could deliver the same verdict on right wing politics in years to come and be hated by then .

    It's a strange world , in as much I found myself as a Labour party voter all my life feeling uncomfortable with the path the current Labour party is following and disagree with it , however I'm no right winger and never will be , I'm lost in the wilderness.

  4. #4

    Re: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    An interesting article, and before the usual suspects start crying, The Atlantic is a centre-left publication!

    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-atlantic/
    Politics Edit
    Throughout its 159-year history, The Atlantic has been reluctant to recommend candidates in elections. In 1860, three years into publication, The Atlantic's then-editor James Russell Lowell endorsed Abraham Lincoln for his first run for president and also endorsed the abolition of slavery.[40] In 1964, 104 years later, Edward Weeks wrote on behalf of the editorial board in endorsing Lyndon B. Johnson and rebuking Barry Goldwater's candidacy.[41] In 2016, the editorial board endorsed a presidential candidate, for the third time since the magazine's founding: Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, in a rebuke of Donald Trump's candidacy

  5. #5

    Re: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

    I'm actually left minded in the Corbyn sense, not so much a fan of the illusionists like Blair and Obama who set out to distract the masses, while amassing great personal wealth. You can probably include the Bushes, Clintons and Cameron, etc., too. Modern politics is a charade, with the main players hiding behind masks of convenience. What Peterson does so well, is to take a peak behind those masks.

  6. #6

    Re: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm actually left minded in the Corbyn sense, not so much a fan of the illusionists like Blair and Obama who set out to distract the masses, while amassing great personal wealth. You can probably include the Bushes, Clintons and Cameron, etc., too. Modern politics is a charade, with the main players hiding behind masks of convenience. What Peterson does so well, is to take a peak behind those masks.
    Yea clever stuff , did you notice the name of the creator of the The Atlantic in 1878 no other than ( Frank Underwood ) ,now where has that name been recently used ?

  7. #7

    Re: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yea clever stuff , did you notice the name of the creator of the The Atlantic in 1878 no other than ( Frank Underwood ) ,now where has that name been recently used ?
    Well spotted! Henry Longfellow too.

  8. #8

    Re: Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson

    Well, having read that article, I can take a decent guess about the sort of things Jordan Peterson writes, but it did assume everyone reading it was familiar with the doctor's work.

    I'm in favour of the basic philosophy of political correctness, but, as someone who has always regarded themselves as a supporter of parties on the left, I accept that shrill individuals getting worked up about nothing in particular who give the "political correctness gone mad" crowd yet another opportunity to repeat their mantra cause great harm to the cause of left wing politics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •