+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New season new ideas

New season new ideas

Anyone got any?

Shall we have a match thread starting a few days before? shall we have a separate predictions thread made a sticky? etc

Re: New season new ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Anyone got any?

Shall we have a match thread starting a few days before? shall we have a separate predictions thread made a sticky? etc
    I think an overall season long thread with predictions for each match would be interesting - particularly if that could be combined with an overall and % correct rating for each poster over the season. Would encourage participation and some merciless leg-pulling

Also agree that a match thread should be started a few days beforehand and all threads on the match should be rolled into this one thread after the game to enable a record to be kept for each game to see how we were really feeling for each match

Anyone got any?

Could a players ratings poll be introduced as regular match feature?
    The CCMB could then name a player of each month based on the above.

how about a separate post for posters player MOM after every game ? or something like blueaway mentioned

How about a montage showing pictures of people with their wallets?

I won't be posting though............ 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post

I won't be posting though............ 

Have a sticky for the fantasy football.

How about a board without annoying adverts for those poor sods who suffer with them. Or a link for them to download an adblocker.

Anyone got any?

A Ticket section? Are allowed to do that? For people to get rid of/share tickets with other MB users

that's a good idea bobby dandruff

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    that's a good idea bobby dandruff
    For once!

Anyone got any?

You could set up a new forum called "Echo Chamber" so that any views that upset the sensitive pricks that inhabit this board can be bounced around without any challenges. Oh, we already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A Ticket section? Are allowed to do that? For people to get rid of/share tickets with other MB users
    Likewise a travel section for those offering spaces in their car, coaches and those who need a lift to games.

Different sections would mean different forums (like we have Welsh and Politics). Not sure how busy they would be.

I'm thinking regular stickies ahead of matches. And then as suggested combine them all after the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think an overall season long thread with predictions for each match would be interesting - particularly if that could be combined with an overall and % correct rating for each poster over the season. Would encourage participation and some merciless leg-pulling
    ^^^this

Can we include retrospective predictions, say for the last two seasons, as I think I've done pretty well?

How about guess the crowd thread boss, that shirt that you sent me in 1998 is about 3 sizes to small! I think my winning guess was around 11,000, how times have changed! Means I've been on the board 20 years, how about a long service award!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    How about a board without annoying adverts for those poor sods who suffer with them. Or a link for them to download an adblocker.
    Do you use your phone or laptop? Easy to install an Adblock

How about a separate negative section where all the time wasters and attention seekers can only post, so they can congratulate each other on being right when results don't go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    How about a separate negative section where all the time wasters and attention seekers can only post, so they can congratulate each other on being right when results don't go our way.
    We've got one already. Its called Planet Swans.

Could we have one thread pre match, one during and one for post match reactions and ratings.

International

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post

I won't be posting though............ ��
    Wassup? Didn't you get a wallet?? I never realised!

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    You mean a 'badly ironed shirt' thread??????

Different sections would mean different forums (like we have Welsh and Politics). Not sure how busy they would be.

I'm thinking regular stickies ahead of matches. And then as suggested combine them all after the games.
    Sounds sensible - can you sticky my 2018 - 2019 Prediction Thread please boss?