+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carragher

Carragher

I notice sky have brought the spitter back into the fold tonight. Let’s hope he can drive away from old Trafford tonight without decorating some of the home fans in saliva

Re: Carragher

I am happy to see him back, good pundit, we have all done silly things in anger just fortunate not to have cameras recording us for 90% of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I am happy to see him back, good pundit, we have all done silly things in anger just fortunate not to have cameras recording us for 90% of our lives
    I agree he deserves a second chance (though I dont like his punditry personally) but it does seem a bit quick to bring him back

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I agree he deserves a second chance (though I dont like his punditry personally) but it does seem a bit quick to bring him back
    He's dreadful, I can only think he is very cheap to pay , and perhaps makes the tea and coffee well.

On a personal note I hate any squeaky mickey mouser voice , and the should all be banned, or made to take elocution lessons.

Bellamy would be a better choice.

I think he's good and glad he didn't get sacked

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's dreadful, I can only think he is very cheap to pay , and perhaps makes the tea and coffee well.

On a personal note I hate any squeaky mickey mouser voice , and the should all be banned, or made to take elocution lessons.

Bellamy would be a better choice.
    Bellamy just makes standard generic comments and starts every sentence with ‘look’

In my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Speak for yourself mate he spat at a little kid....dirty cnut.

Gobshite

I'm shocked he's back.

I good do with subtitles,,, that scouse accent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Bellamy just makes standard generic comments and starts every sentence with ‘look’

In my opinion
    I agree that his verbal tick 'look' is annoying, but in the main he makes considered, interesting and thoughtful comments, not generic ex-pro media speak. He is always worth listening to.... in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree that his verbal tick 'look' is annoying, but in the main he makes considered, interesting and thoughtful comments, not generic ex-pro media speak. He is always worth listening to.... in my opinion.
    Mine too I think he usually talks a lot of sense.

I like Carragher too, not sure any one with a lower profile would have got their job back mind.

Carragher is a bit of a plum at times though. Earlier he was talking about how Leicester won the league playing counter attacking football and that it would be hard to do that again, and then praised them for how they were keeping possession and passing so well.

Look where all their possession got them this evening.

Each to their own but I can't (under) stand the kent

I quite like him as a pundit.
    I fail to see how his career should be blighted by one obvious intimidated mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I've heard Australians blamed for the so annoying habit of beginning their answers to a question they've been asked with the word "so" which is sweeping the world at the moment and I first noticed it was Australian cricketers who were keen on putting the word "look" at the start of their answer to a media enquiry. - I think it can make the person answering sound aggressive under some circumstances, I'm not a fan of it and have also noticed that Bellamy does it a lot.

Apart from that though, I think Bellamy is very good at the punditry job, not least because he comes over as someone who knows his stuff and cares about football. As for Carragher, I like his punditry, but can think of some in the media who disappeared from public sight for doing things which were nowhere near as offensive as what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've heard Australians blamed for the so annoying habit of beginning their answers to a question they've been asked with the word "so" which is sweeping the world at the moment and I first noticed it was Australian cricketers who were keen on putting the word "look" at the start of their answer to a media enquiry. - I think it can make the person answering sound aggressive under some circumstances, I'm not a fan of it and have also noticed that Bellamy does it a lot.

Apart from that though, I think Bellamy is very good at the punditry job, not least because he comes over as someone who knows his stuff and cares about football. As for Carragher, I like his punditry, but can think of some in the media who disappeared from public sight for doing things which were nowhere near as offensive as what he did.
    I think if Bellamy had done the same, he would have been binned permanently by Sky.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Carragher is a bit of a plum at times though. Earlier he was talking about how Leicester won the league playing counter attacking football and that it would be hard to do that again, and then praised them for how they were keeping possession and passing so well.

Look where all their possession got them this evening.
    I noticed this evening they were trying to pass the ball into the box a la arse-enal and I commented to someone in the pub that this is not the way they won the league!!