+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The morons are back..

The morons are back..

..there's a certain poetry about the way people comment on cricket whether on the radio or tv . Golf is calm and analytical. I've just listened to 90 minutes of pure drivel from Carragher and the other bloke who thinks football didn't exist before 1992 - every statistic, how trivial and meaningless , ignoring or perhaps ignorant of anything that went before.

It'll take a few weeks to get acclimatised..

Re: The morons are back..

Is Carragher back?

International

He was 'punditting' on Sky after the Manu game

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Is Carragher back?
    Yes he is. I actually don’t mind him or Gary Neville. I think a lot of the analysis they do on MNF is really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ..there's a certain poetry about the way people comment on cricket whether on the radio or tv . Golf is calm and analytical. I've just listened to 90 minutes of pure drivel from Carragher and the other bloke who thinks football didn't exist before 1992 - every statistic, how trivial and meaningless , ignoring or perhaps ignorant of anything that went before.

It'll take a few weeks to get acclimatised..
    For a moment I thought that the header said that 'The Moomins Are Back' Brilliant Finnish-Swede, surreal Comic strip, then I realised that you meant Carragher and Neville-Shame.

I hear you. Who gives a shit if a fullback is a yard out of position, or a centre back didn't 'step in' when the midfield was over run? The problem in my opinion, with this over analytical dross, is that the same bullshit is infiltrating supporters, and the bi-product is that it's created football bores-Game management anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    For a moment I thought that the header said that 'The Moomins Are Back' Brilliant Finnish-Swede, surreal Comic strip, then I realised that you meant Carragher and Neville-Shame.

I hear you. Who gives a shit if a fullback is a yard out of position, or a centre back didn't 'step in' when the midfield was over run? The problem in my opinion, with this over analytical dross, is that the same bullshit is infiltrating supporters, and the bi-product is that it's created football bores-Game management anyone?
    No one is forcing you to watch it, there’s plenty of simple coverage out there for people like you too. I prefer the Neville and carragher stuff and find it interesting.

I can’t even work out what you’re pissed off with in that last sentence

True.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    No one is forcing you to watch it, there’s plenty of simple coverage out there for people like you too. I prefer the Neville and carragher stuff and find it interesting.

I can’t even work out what you’re pissed off with in that last sentence
    I don't watch it, generally, haven't got a sky subscription, although on the rare occasion I have watched it, I find them ****ing boring, taking tiny components of a game and making them look so crucial in order to extenuate their own importance. Where is this Simple stuff you talk of ? After a round with Carra and Nev, my brain is in overload-As for the last sentence: wasn't pissed at anything, What the **** is 'Game Management'?

I read the headline and thought of Jursset and chris.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yeah those reprobates are back as well.

I don't watch it, generally, haven't got a sky subscription, although on the rare occasion I have watched it, I find them ****ing boring, taking tiny components of a game and making them look so crucial in order to extenuate their own importance. Where is this Simple stuff you talk of ? After a round with Carra and Nev, my brain is in overload-As for the last sentence: wasn't pissed at anything, What the **** is 'Game Management'?
    Gary Neville is the worst.

Remember, he went to Valencia in November, was sacked in March and saw his team get drubbed a few times. He seems to have forgotten that as he preaches about how badly some teams have played.

World Cup, he was really embarrassing. With the backdrop of Iceland having beaten England 2 years earlier when they thought they had an easier route to the final than Wales, he declared "I'm not being ignorant or arrogant, but England will never have an easier chance to get to the final".

Against Croatia "We are fitter, we are faster". Half time, with Croatia obviously in the ascendancy, "This is a poor Croatia team".

He is a complete clown.

My attitude has always been that if these pundits/analysts tell me something I didn't know already then they are a worthwhile addition. That's why I enjoyed Gary Neville's contributions in particular when he started, but I agree about the World Cup when he seemed more interested in living up to his reputation. Also, increasingly, I find that he starts games with some predetermined viewpoint and sticks to it come what may even if events on the pitch aren't really supporting it.

I thought it was going to be about some of the "animals" we have as fans. !!!!!!!

Ashamed of some of the behaviour yesterday