+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: BOURNEMOUTH 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: Cardiff team to face Bournemouth?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    That's a good point. We're taking about needing a ride back. Paterson is a right back. Think we've all forgotten that 
    I think Paterson wasn't good enough to play right back in the Championship, so I'd prefer he didn't play there in the Prem. I think NW believes that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think Paterson wasn't good enough to play right back in the Championship, so I'd prefer he didn't play there in the Prem. I think NW believes that too...
    Judging by this Warnock quote - “Callum’s not a full back - he can’t defend." you might be right.

Just getting my breath back after the excitement today. Cant see many changes to the team that started Saturday.
    My big dilemma is whether Warnock will play Manga or Bamba or both.
    Etheridge
    Pelts
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Junior
    Ralls
    Murphy
    Reid
    Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Just getting my breath back after the excitement today. Cant see many changes to the team that started Saturday.
    My big dilemma is whether Warnock will play Manga or Bamba or both.
    Etheridge
    Pelts
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Junior
    Ralls
    Murphy
    Reid
    Paterson
    Plus Camarasa!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Judging by this Warnock quote - “Callum’s not a full back - he can’t defend." you might be right.
    Plays for Scotland in that position though

I don’t think you could play him in a 4 at the back I agree, but in a 5 where he pushes on then I think he’s still a good option

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

I don’t think you could play him in a 4 at the back I agree, but in a 5 where he pushes on then I think he’s still a good option
    Yeh, I took 'right back' to suggest a back-four, but see now the team suggestion was a back-5.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

And he played very well for Hearts in that position. Its the reason he came to our attention. I do wonder how much tongue in cheek there was in Warnock's quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    He will play Patterson he's our Pogba

Etheridge

Peltier Morrison Manga Bennett

Paterson Bamba Ralls

Hoilett Reid Murphy

Smithies
    Peltier Bamba Morrison Bennett
    Ralls Patterson Camarsa
    Hoilett Zohore Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge

Peltier Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett

Ralls Paterson

Murphy Reid Hoilett

Ward
    Never gonna happen in a million years

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Never gonna happen in a million years
    Yeh because it's 12 players.

Etheridge
    Manga Bamba Morrison Cunningham
    Ralls Paterson
    Hoilett Reid Murphy
    Zohore

=

Instant wetness around the pelvic area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Etheridge

Peltier Morrison Manga Bennett

Paterson Bamba Ralls

Hoilett Reid Murphy
    Think this will be the team, maybe Camarasa's 2 days of training will be enough for him to slot in. I don't see Zohore playing.

My feeling is that NW will treat this as a six pointer even at this early stage. Away from home defensive set up with set piece/breakaway threat....

Etheridge

Pelts Morrison Manga Bamba Bennett

Murphy Ralls Camarasa Hoilett

Zohore

Arter can't play guys.

How about....
    Etheridge

Pelts Morrison Manga Bennett
    Bamba
    Hoillet Ralls Camarasa Reid

Zahore

Reid/Junior to alternate left/right wings. Zahore central, not so far off to the left he's in the front row of the stands. Murphy on for Zahore after 70 mins. Rearrange midfield. Reid up front. Patterson on for Camerasa after 70 mins.
    Bournemouth 0 City 1 (Morrison 90 +4)
    Bedlam!

Etheridge

Peltier (or Jazz dont really mind)
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett

Ralls
    Victor (if fit enough to play - if not, toss a coin between Bamba n Pato, with Manga at CB)

Junior
    Bobby
    Murphy

Ken

I think vs teams with big back lines the front three vs Betis will be really hard for them to play against, but when you've defenders that have struggled from crosses, and lack pace you've got to pick that front 4 imo, Ken can dominate Ake and bring the other 3 into play.

Big question mark for me is, will he play Manga, and if so does he play 5 at the back. Dangerous vs posession based sides like Bournemouth, but we did trial it vs a very similar team in Betis to some degree of success...

Can't shitting wait now!

Here's The Guardian's Preview/Predicted line-up: https://www.theguardian.com/football...-match-preview

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Here's The Guardian's Preview/Predicted line-up: https://www.theguardian.com/football...-match-preview
    About right - Not sure about Gunnar though. Is he fit? If not, probably Paterson in there.

Re: BOURNEMOUTH v CARDIFF CITY. Pre match build up

What about a surprise pick of Gary Madine ,he'd enjoy bullying that lot.

AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City
    The Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth
    Saturday 11th August 2018, ko 3:00pm.

Early team news:

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe says record signing Jefferson Lerma is not yet ready to make his debut following his World Cup exploits for Colombia.

Nathan Ake has been passed fit, but Diego Rico is suspended and Junior Stanislas and Kyle Taylor are injured.

Cardiff signed midfielder Harry Arter from Bournemouth on Thursday, but he is ineligible for this game due to the terms of his loan deal.

Alex Smithies, Josh Murphy, Greg Cunningham, Victor Camarasa and Bobby Reid are all in contention to make their Bluebirds debuts.

C:WindowsTempphpD5ED.tmp

The Managers:

Eddie Howe: On Bournemouth's ambition

"It is human nature - when you finish ninth, you want to finish higher the following season.

"And when you finish 12th, you want to finish higher and I think that will be in everyone's head.

"But for us, looking at league positions is a waste of time and energy. We have to focus on our performances and make sure we are improving as a team every single day."

Neil Warnock: On Bournemouth

"Their front four is as good as anything in the league - the two wide players and the two strikers.

"It’ll be a big test for us but I think we should just go in there with an open mind.

"We know it’s going to be hard but we’ve got to do the best we can and learn quickly."

Match Stats:

• Bournemouth have lost just one of their last eight league clashes with Cardiff (W4 D3), with their last meeting coming in March 2015 in the Championship (1-1).

• Bournemouth have lost all three of their matchday one Premier League fixtures, the worst such 100 per cent losing record in the competition.

• Cardiff have lost just one of their last 10 opening fixtures to a league season (W5 D4), though this came in their only previous Premier League campaign (0-2 vs West Ham in 2013-14).

• In their previous Premier League campaign, Cardiff won just two of their 19 away games. However, one of those wins came on the south coast (1-0 vs Southampton).

• Bournemouth have never lost a Premier League home game against a newly promoted side, winning six and drawing two of their eight matches.

• This will be Cardiff manager Neil Warnock's first match against Bournemouth since October 1999 when he was Bury manager (2-2 in the third tier). In total, he's won five of his 10 previous meetings with the Cherries (D4 L1).

• Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has never lost a league game against Cardiff as manager, though five of the six previous meetings have ended level (W1 D5 L0).

The Officials:

Referee: Kevin Friend
    Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Mark Scholes
    Fourth official: Graham Scott

Come on you Bloooobirds!
    Safe journey to travelling fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    This, but change Cunningham for Bennett.
    Bennett was excellent last week

a relegation six pointer on the first game of the season .