+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back......

Just got back......

.....well ages ago actually but......

We were second best today for long periods of the game but I don’t think that we should feel too downhearted as, with a bit of luck we could have sneaked an equaliser during a brief period of dominance in the second half.

The game seemed to change (positively for us I mean) as soon as Warnock changed the shape of the team by bringing on Ward and Murphy. We actually looked a bit of threat and Reid was on the ball a lot more, playing where Patterson had.

Murphy looked useful too.

That said, chances created were few and far between (although we won games last year often with out creating much)

The only real negatives for me were Peltier who didn’t look fit, he was so far off the pace, and Bamba who looked really awkward (and quite uncomfortable) playing in midfield.

But with Camaras, Arter, Gunners and Zohore all to come in, we will get better.

Re: Just got back......

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    .....well ages ago actually but......

We were second best today for long periods of the game but I don’t think that we should feel too downhearted as, with a bit of luck we could have sneaked an equaliser during a brief period of dominance in the second half.

The game seemed to change (positively for us I mean) as soon as Warnock changed the shape of the team by bringing on Ward and Murphy. We actually looked a bit of threat and Reid was on the ball a lot more, playing where Patterson had.

Murphy looked useful too.

That said, chances created were few and far between (although we won games last year often with out creating much)

The only real negatives for me were Peltier who didn’t look fit, he was so far off the pace, and Bamba who looked really awkward (and quite uncomfortable) playing in midfield.

But with Camaras, Arter, Gunners and Zohore all to come in, we will get better.
    We will get much better

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    We will get much better
    Nice one Jeepster you've cheered me up , thought we would nick a result today .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nice one Jeepster you've cheered me up , thought we would nick a result today .
    Me too but hey ho it was not to be.

Thought they were a bit sharper than us and Frazier was excellent.

Bamba looked lost on the ball and really should be told to keep it simple when he plays in there and Peltier struggled.

Reid was isolated, but tried hard and I agree that he will be better off behind the striker.

Would have liked to have seen Murphy start and Madine used earlier as he would hav dominated their centre halfs

Morrison and Ralls were both excellent too

Maybe could have nicked a point, but no real complaints except the penalty which was an awful decision.

There were a few more where the ref seemed to use different rules for us and them as well, but overall Bournemouth were marginally the better side

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thought they were a bit sharper than us and Frazier was excellent.

Bamba looked lost on the ball and really should be told to keep it simple when he plays in there and Peltier struggled.

Reid was isolated, but tried hard and I agree that he will be better off behind the striker.

Would have liked to have seen Murphy start and Madine used earlier as he would hav dominated their centre halfs

Morrison and Ralls were both excellent too

Maybe could have nicked a point, but no real complaints except the penalty which was an awful decision.

There were a few more where the ref seemed to use different rules for us and them as well, but overall Bournemouth were marginally the better side
    I agree with all of that.

2 footed studs up challenges are apparently OK if you are a Bournemouth player & tripping over your own feet is a penalty
    I thought that the ref was very poor yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    2 footed studs up challenges are apparently OK if you are a Bournemouth player & tripping over your own feet is a penalty
    He was a tad inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    It didn't look like a penalty to me either but it was noticeable that there were not lots of complaints from the players. I don't think that ref influenced the outcome of the game.

2 other points worth noting are that Steve Cook (I think that it was him anyway) did himself no favours at all by smiling at our fans as he walked off the pitch after an apparent head injury and that we have one victory so far this season: the bloke in the car park said that we took more coaches (21) than any other club previously (Stoke was the next highest number with 16) not that I'm clutching at straws or anything ;-)

On the stream I was watching the commentators commented on the poor reffing several times & both said that Bournemouth should have been down to 10 men first half.
    Was it Daniels with the 2 footed challenge ?
    Whoever it was he made 3 really bad challenges without the ref even giving us a free kick.
    Ref was very poor for this or TBH any level.