+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFS

FFS

Re: FFS

Is this accurate? As the Cardiff poster in the thread said, we haven't had trouble at one of our games for several years so it would be extraordinary and very sad if it changed at Bournemouth where there is, as far as I'm aware, no history.

I hope it's not accurate. You can see it that thread that plenty messageboard fans don't like us before a ball is kicked (part Warnock, part reputation from Sam Hamman days and seemingly part us being Welsh club) and I would hate for those prejudiced people to have a genuine reason to mask their pre-determined attitudes. If it is genuine then those who were involved are unlikely to be watching any of our games live for some time as football has become so good at gathering evidence and enforcing bans.

That would be a terrible shame if true.

I hate the anti-English stuff though and never sing along to that kinda stuff. It's crass.

Thought I saw some coin throwing on the stream. It’s embarrassing that this minority of scum bags still exist. It’s cringe worthy.

I always find the reactions on other forums hilarious though. A handful of scum bags do something like this an suddenly everyone who supports us is doing it.

Our support these days is no different to any other, handful of simpletons but mostly normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    That would be a terrible shame if true.

I hate the anti-English stuff though and never sing along to that kinda stuff. It's crass.
    Especially when our manager and over half the team are English, imagine playing for an English club and the fans were signing anti welsh songs, it’d piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Thought I saw some coin throwing on the stream. It’s embarrassing that this minority of scum bags still exist. It’s cringe worthy.

I always find the reactions on other forums hilarious though. A handful of scum bags do something like this an suddenly everyone who supports us is doing it.

Our support these days is no different to any other, handful of simpletons but mostly normal people.
    That is how it always been,every club.

Exactly so why does everyone always act like they are so high and might when it’s someone else doing it.

We are the same on here when a couple of idiots from Bristol, Swansea or Leeds do it.

Rather than needless point scoring against rivals people should just realise there’s an anti social problem with goons who go to watch football.

But surely all the fans there today were the regular, loyal travellers as it was only 1200 allocation, with 7 aways from the previous season. Normally with that, it won’t attract the idiots as it would with a big league/FA Cup game. If it was regular travellers chucking coins then that would be daft as they would be picked out by CCTV and you’d imagine be travelling less regularly to the watch the city.

Especially when our manager and over half the team are English, imagine playing for an English club and the fans were signing anti welsh songs, it’d piss me off.
    I guess it depends on the nature of it. Our songbook has had anti-English songs which are truly disgusting, some that are pretty harmless but also childish and it seems now songs about England coming home - the latter might be a reaction to the presumption approaching demand that everyone should support England over the summer and therefore fair game to remind them of their failure.

Frasier picked something up and gave it to the ref, who put it in his pocket.

That’s all we need, a points reduction!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    This is the extent of what was televised

With only 1100 tickets sold to 'loyal' City fans if some were throwing coins they can be identified and banned.

There's as many cameras pointed at the fans as at the pitch nowadays. Let's hope if anyone did this, they are identified and banned. If true, there's a good chance they will be.

Very disappointed to read this. Didn’t see any trouble in or around the ground.

Did notice one of their players picking something off the pitch, so I guess people are presuming something was thrown on.

At the end of the game there did seem to be a load of stewards staying behind with a group of about 20 fans, but no idea what that was about.

Looked to me that the coaches were filled up and moved fairly quickly after the match, and that wouldn’t have happened if there was trouble

There were definitely some coins (and chewing gum) thrown from our end in the first half sadly.
    Only other whiff of trouble was a bit of handbags between two of our own at the back left of the stand at full time.
    Typical Welsh, fighting among ourselves.

I seen this on a Croation stream and you could clearly see the stewards pointing in the direction of the Cardiff fans when the object was passed to the ref.

I know above someone mentioned these are loyal fans and been to 7 aways but there are so many people who don't qualify buying tickets from mates or on social media (I can count at least 10 instances where I've seen HusddesfieId tickets for sale and the game has not sold out yet) that "nutters" are always going to get tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    There were definitely some coins (and chewing gum) thrown from our end in the first half sadly.
    Only other whiff of trouble was a bit of handbags between two of our own at the back left of the stand at full time.
    Some people who claim to support our club need a good look in the mirror. After saying we haven't had trouble for years I remembered the Reading promotion game and how one "fan" attacked a steward and maybe a hundred invaded the pitch before the end. It's a tiny minority and it seems to be a minority who only show up for the big occasion - we don't need them if they're going to act like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    That explains what happened at the end.
    #cityasone eh ?

A national newspaper (not a reliable one, but still very bad publicity for us) is reporting 2 coins were thrown on .

We really could do without this after all the hard work done over the past few years and I fear genuine fans will face restrictions and cuts in allocations due the action of a tiny number of half wits

Nobody seems to have the balls to step in when someone throws a coin. A cowardly and dangerous act.
    All decent fans of any club will condemn it but nobody seems willing to self police.

That’s all we need, a points reduction!
    Yep. We could be the only team in Premier League history to end the season with minus points.

This incident annoyed me more than the result

Quote Originally Posted by nearly 40 View Post
    I seen this on a Croation stream and you could clearly see the stewards pointing in the direction of the Cardiff fans when the object was passed to the ref.

I know above someone mentioned these are loyal fans and been to 7 aways but there are so many people who don't qualify buying tickets from mates or on social media (I can count at least 10 instances where I've seen HusddesfieId tickets for sale and the game has not sold out yet) that "nutters" are always going to get tickets.
    Plenty of idiots go to lots of away games, I’m more surprised people are surprised. Yeah coin throwing doesn’t usually happen but there are usually plenty of dick heads on the edge of doing something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Nobody seems to have the balls to step in when someone throws a coin. A cowardly and dangerous act.
    All decent fans of any club will condemn it but nobody seems willing to self police.
    Nobody has the balls the step in because they’ll end up in a fight when they’re trying to have a day out.

I saw someone at Fulham tell someone off for being racist to the guy behind the bar, someone told him to cut it out and he was about to smack him for telling him off before more people stepped in.

Too many coked up drunk dick heads.

Nobody has the balls the step in because they’ll end up in a fight when they’re trying to have a day out.

Too many coked up drunk dick heads.
    ^^^this
    The stewards and police should be sorting it out.

I always think that about stewards but then I thought if I was on minimum wage would I risk a getting a group of idiots kicking my head in.