+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost both our opening Prem games away 2-0

Lost both our opening Prem games away 2-0

I for one am quite happy with that opening game. We nearly squeezed a draw out of it.

Bring on the Geordie bastards.

Home form will be the deciding factor this season.

Re: Lost both our opening Prem games away 2-0

As long as we don't finish the same way, I'll be happy.

My one surprise from the game was how good and quick Bournemouth were in the first half particularly.
    We might have sneaked a draw but that penalty decision was a shocker from Friend.
    I suspect that upset our mojo quite a lot until Neil spoke to them at half time.

Delighted to see the same players starting the season. Wait until we get going. The talent is there.
    Sod the critics.

You get the feeling we didn’t really get a fair rub of the green yesterday, that was never a penalty and despite it being saved it makes you wonder as a player. Shame Morrison didn’t get that tap in, would have changed things somewhat. But, with all the new midfielders to come in, Bamba back in defence, Murphy starting, bring on the Geordie stripers

How can we have "nearly squeezed a draw" from a game we were 1-0 down for most of, didn't score in, and ended up losing 2-0?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I for one am quite happy with that opening game.
    It appears that expectations this season are the lowest for a very long time. If you're genuinely happy with a 2-0 defeat at a team most people believe are likely to struggle this season, during which City didn't manage a decent shot on target, then it seems you're very easily pleased.

I'm fairly happy too because I don't feel like we were outplayed. It could have been a draw. Eddie Howe said himself that the game was defined by two great moments for his team. Two moments in a 90 minute game. Arter, Gunner, Zohore to come back. Reid to play more as a No.10. Looking forward to it.

Not sure why you posted a match report link. Most of us watched the game ourselves. Am I supposed to change my opinion because of what Ben Fisher says?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How can we have "nearly squeezed a draw" from a game we were 1-0 down for most of, didn't score in, and ended up losing 2-0?
    Because we nearly scored when it was 1-0 and their second goal was quite late. Are you on the spectrum or something?

The headline says eased past but then the actual article doesn’t say that at all. It’s so obvious sometimes that sub editors don’t speak to the actual journalists when doing the headline.

http://livescore.football365.com/Eng...-655295#report

This is accurate for me, we were never outplayed but still look like we are going to struggle this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It appears that expectations this season are the lowest for a very long time. If you're genuinely happy with a 2-0 defeat at a team most people believe are likely to struggle this season, during which City didn't manage a decent shot on target, then it seems you're very easily pleased.
    Who thinks Bournemouth are likely to struggle though? They finished 12 last season and have bought well and have a very highly rated manager.

Is it any surprise the fans have low expectations for a team that got promoted against all the odds, spent comparatively very little and have the lowest wage bill in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who thinks Bournemouth are likely to struggle though?
    Pre-season, the BBC's chief football writer had Bournemouth finishing 14th. Most of the bookmakers rated them 15th or 16th. The Racing Post's chief football writer had them finishing 18th. I've seen them mentioned as possible relegation candidates on this and similar message boards plenty of times over the summer. I haven't read anyone saying they are going to improve on last year's showing other than some of their own fans.

Be honest, do you think Bournemouth are going to be one of the better sides outside of the big six this season?

Pre-season, the BBC's chief football writer had Bournemouth finishing 14th. Most of the bookmakers rated them 15th or 16th. The Racing Post's chief football writer had them finishing 18th. I've seen them mentioned as possible relegation candidates on this and similar message boards plenty of times over the summer. I haven't read anyone saying they are going to improve on last year's showing other than some of their own fans.

Be honest, do you think Bournemouth are going to be one of the better sides outside of the big six this season?
    Who know's

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Who know's
    Nobody for sure, but you're allowed an opinion. It's OK to express one, really.

I wouldn’t think they’d get relegated, it say somewhere from 10th-15th. I mean they’re no pushovers and it’s not like they hammered city yesterday.

They had slightly more quality than city and pounced on a few mistakes.

I think city will go down but still think we can compete with the teams in the bottom half.

OK Bournemouth will not be in the bottom six,and we will not go down is that ok for you.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You get the feeling we didn’t really get a fair rub of the green yesterday, that was never a penalty and despite it being saved it makes you wonder as a player. Shame Morrison didn’t get that tap in, would have changed things somewhat. But, with all the new midfielders to come in, Bamba back in defence, Murphy starting, bring on the Geordie stripers
    You forgot to mention the 4/5 fouls on junior that went unpunished

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I wouldn’t think they’d get relegated, it say somewhere from 10th-15th. I mean they’re no pushovers and it’s not like they hammered city yesterday.
    Certainly no pushovers and I don't believe they'll be relegated either, but I'll be surprised if they finish higher than last season. One telling factor yesterday was City's failure to score. From February onward last season, Bournemouth kept just one clean sheet. That was in their final home game against Swansea. To me, that speaks volumes.

I'm sure City will compete against most sides this season. They certainly don't lack spirit. However, the paucity of genuine Premier League quality, which was evident during the last few months of last season, suggests it's going to be an enormous struggle and I honestly don't believe a 2-0 defeat at Bournemouth will be seen as anything but a poor result come the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    OK Bournemouth will not be in the bottom six,and we will not go down is that ok for you.
    That's excellent, well done. And good luck with it.

That's excellent, well done. And good luck with it.
    Well thanx to you.

No, it really isn't. Not on here anyway - right Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    No, it really isn't. Not on here anyway - right Mike?
    difference between opinion and trolling.

Seems you have alternative options to keep you switching between both

Why has BIS gone back to that account?