+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Young feral scum at away games

Re: Young feral scum at away games

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agree 100%, maybe a young working class thing rather than a South Wales thing. Growing up all my mates ever wanted to do was drink.
    I find this bizarre, I’ve never enjoyed drinking a lot at football, I go out on the lash plenty but not with football. I must be in the minority and back in the day it certainly felt like it.

Don't mind having a few pints before the match but you'll never see me get absolutely steaming at the game ...... what's the fcuking point?

Would rather be sober enjoying the footy

Too much booze never leads to anything good, and I'd also rather be sober watching the game.

I've been very conscious of my own drinking lately as I was drinking some sort of alcohol almost every day, whether it be a few pints after work/weekend or a bottle or two of wine throughout the week. I was bought a nice bottle of whiskey from the gang in work and I'd finished it off within a week.

I'm having a little break from it all now though and haven't had any alcohol since 28th July. I feel better for it.

Here is an article from the BBC website regarding the coin throwing at Bournemouth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45172771

Let's hope the cameras at the ground pick out the chav scummers. Although from experience it's just as likely to be grampy chavs as it is these wild feral scum teenage chavvies that I think you are alluding to. A life ban from ALL football grounds would be the answer once they are caught

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People are probably going to hang me for this, but I think that it's a south wales thing. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen with other clubs, because it does, but we seem to have an unfeasible amount of retards, especially for the big games. I can't understand why people have to drink so much, I've seen people asleep at games or who can't even stand up, add in the aggression both verbally and physically, it makes for a shit day when you're surrounded by these people. South Wales has a serious problem with Alcohol, it seems that some people can't function without being pissed up at an event, and that's not just youngsters. I've worked all over the UK, and apart from one or two places, I've not experienced the drinking culture that exists here, or the importance put on boozing. Have a drink, by all means, enjoy yourself, but don't think it acceptable to be pissed up and aggressive in public. It is a problem in South Wales, every event seems to begin and end with a drink.
    It's not just alcohol though. Go into the toilets at any away game and try to get in a cubicle for a s4it. They're usually doubled up with a load of coke heads snorting like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    It's not just alcohol though. Go into the toilets at any away game and try to get in a cubicle for a s4it. They're usually doubled up with a load of coke heads snorting like there's no tomorrow.
    GREAT I wonder if those who threw the coins are really pleased with themselves or will they be ashamed of their actions. All the hard work done by the club and it’s fans to try and rid us of the bad name we had, all gone in one throw of a coin. Bloody dickheads.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I find this bizarre, I’ve never enjoyed drinking a lot at football, I go out on the lash plenty but not with football. I must be in the minority and back in the day it certainly felt like it.
    Same here, I don't drink any more, but my Saturday ritual always used to be stay sober for the game, then have a skinful later - as for evening games, it'd just be a case of perhaps a pint or two afterwards, but most of the time I didn't even bother with that.

Agree with Tuerto about South Wales' drinking culture.

Perhaps it’s time to breathalyse and drug test every Cardiff City fan that goes away. That should stop all the pissheads and druggies dragging our club through the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Perhaps it’s time to breathalyse and drug test every Cardiff City fan that goes away. That should stop all the pissheads and druggies dragging our club through the mud.
    I don't think that would be the answer. I know lads who behave like bellends after 4-5 pints, and other lads who can drink a brewery dry and still behave themselves.

I must be the most boring bugger going.
    Just a pissed up Friday night when I was a teenager, got married and hardly touched a drop since. Never drink before or after a City game, even as a youngster it would just be one or two.
    Never done drugs either.
    Wish I had a vice!

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Do have more of them than other similar teams? We seem to have a load of feckless little scumbags who travel away and behaving appallingly at every opportunity. The coin throwing yesterday is just one example. Older fans around them seem to tolerate it as well, puts me off travelling away to be honest
    My view exactly. Thats why I stopped going away to be honest. I just dont want to be connected with them makes you ashamed..

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I don't think that would be the answer. I know lads who behave like bellends after 4-5 pints, and other lads who can drink a brewery dry and still behave themselves.
    But everyone would know that they can’t drink more than say two pints before a game. Plus I’d definitely stop selling alcohol inside grounds. Also get the drug dogs back and drug test randomly.

Is this thread fair? We have gone from no posts about issues with drinking at our games to comments suggesting toilets are full of coke-heads and South Wales has an alcohol problem after one away game. We should remember that our away fans make a terrific atmosphere and even if there are those who shouldn't represent our club/City or some behaviour that needs to be left in the 90's that most of the away fans are normal and well behaved people. I think we have an issue that many clubs have that big games (first away game in premier league is) attract fans who demonstrate the worst in football fan behaviour. We may have more knobs than most but I believe that in Fever Pitch Nick Hornby talks about not liking Arsenal Spurs games anymore because of the type of fan that bigged up match attracts.

What can we do? In the short term I think it would be fair for either the club to take a slightly reduced allocation to the big 6 clubs and/or pay to have an increased number of stewards. We can also enforce stricter checks against big 6 at home games but that means getting fans to the ground earlier. It might not be popular but these knobs turn up for Aston Villa away whereas they don't to QPR. In the long term maybe getting more kids interested in sport/looking after their body and working with rugby clubs to ensure that binge drinking isn't so much a part of partaking in sport?

For the record, I don't like drinking at football games as it means I a) don't have a clear eye for detail and b) I don't want to leave my seat to go to the toilet because my bladder is full. I also don't need a drink to be able to make noise, as long as I am part of a crowd and not expected to start it, so there are really no positives about downing several pints for me.

I love a few pints before & after games, always been part of football for me, even when playing ( only have 4 or 5 before the game in those days though😂). Hard one to sort out, some are a nuisance stone cold sober while some are quite mellow after a beer or two. There's being a nuisance on the one hand and being dangerous on the other, the coin thrower is a dangerous person. Perhaps it’s up to us to blow the whistle on them, not confrontational, just discreetly point them out to a steward, could be your eye they’re taking out next time. Don’t know if we’ve got more dicks than other clubs, s’pose you’d have to go away with them to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Don't mind having a few pints before the match but you'll never see me get absolutely steaming at the game ...... what's the fcuking point?

Would rather be sober enjoying the footy
    Can remember seeing fans passed out 10 minutes into the FA Cup semi and FA Cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Wasn’t that purely down to Russel slades brand of football??

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Is this thread fair?
    Well the straight answer is obviously no.

Its an opinion articulated without any facts and is purely anecdotal, It's much easier for people to believe someone's testimony as opposed to understanding complex data and variation across a continuum, hence the current political scenarios we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post

Its an opinion articulated without any facts and is purely anecdotal, It's much easier for people to believe someone's testimony as opposed to understanding complex data and variation across a continuum, hence the current political scenarios we are in.
    And before anybody gets clever, riddle me this...england away

The evidence is empirical.

Have you never been away? The only time I’ve been away (100s of times) and not seen a group of complete dick heads is when there’s only a tiny number there.

You gets idiots who have a drink and do stupid things, I think Cardiff fans are the most improved fans, 15+ years ago met a few away fans on there travels and not pleasant, so tnis is minor and should be stamped out, this could be any idiot from any club