+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Donations please

Donations please

Not long until the first home game of the season and those of you drinking in canton, I have a favour to ask. Pop into tesco canton and look for the Rubylicious charity money well and put any spare change you have in. You will be supporting rubylicious who are the official cardiff city dancers who are raising money to perform in salou next year. Any money greatly recieved. BLUEBIRDS!!!!

Re: Donations please

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Not long until the first home game of the season and those of you drinking in canton, I have a favour to ask. Pop into tesco canton and look for the Rubylicious charity money well and put any spare change you have in. You will be supporting rubylicious who are the official cardiff city dancers who are raising money to perform in salou next year. Any money greatly recieved. BLUEBIRDS!!!!
    Is the charity money for another organisation?

I am all in favour of raising money for good causes , especially for those that help out young children but a couple of questions

1. Is this group a registered charity?

2. In what way are they the "official" Cardiff City dancers? If they are , why aren`t the club helping them out with their proposed trip abroad?

All monies greatly received will help the running of Rubylicious, the official cardiff city dancers. The cash will be used for costumes, transport etc.

No they are not a registered charity. Rubylicious are a dance school that are based in Clive Road in canton and are the cardiff city dancers. They provide entertainment by dancing for an hour and a half prior to kick off in the family stand and sometimes on the pitch.

No they are not a registered charity. Rubylicious are a dance school that are based in Clive Road in canton and are the cardiff city dancers. They provide entertainment by dancing for an hour and a half prior to kick off in the family stand and sometimes on the pitch.
    Why don't their parents pay for their children's hobbies?

I don't mind supporting charities and my daughter both dances and teaches dance, I pay for all her stuff. I don't think donating to enable
    kids to go on a Spanish jolly would come high on my list of priorities when compared to homeless/cancer/kids charities though.

So are they a Community Interest Company or just a private enterprise?

It was just a hope for the odd bits of copper. The trip to salou is a competition. And it is a private enterprise. Funded heavily out of parents pockets.