+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How positive can you stay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How positive can you stay?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I believe you have to decide your start point.

Mine is of very low expectation in terms of results or survival supported by the view that if we were playing in the Championship my expectation of achieving promotion would be also tempered. Can you imagine the hysteria if we got off to a bad start in the Championship.

Relegation, whist very disappointing, I can accept. I would not be embarrassed by it.
    And as long as the club remains sensible then the financial position would be far stronger than had we not got promoted.

What would bother me would be a lack of effort, a lack of nous, capitulation.
    And of course whilst I would be disappointed to see us shipping goals the 1-0 losses are even harder to take.

All easier to say than do, but Ill keep reminding myself.

And if we do achieve 17th or higher I will be ecstatic.

So, I will try and enjoy the matches what ever the position that we are in and take each match as it comes.
    I think that's a good summary for how I am feeling about things too. We've taken a long odds bet on surviving in the Prem whilst ensuring the financial health and facilities of the Club improve. Whilst this focus on off-field improvement vs on-field improvement seems odd I think it is the best way forward for us when I look at the mess Sunderland, Villa and Brum have got themselves into from gambling beyond their means.

Given what I have seen over the years at Cardiff, this approach suits me fine despite my advancing years and the possibility we may never get here again in my lifetime. I'd rather the Club grew gradually and sustainably and my kids and grandkids had a Club to support.

However, where I differ from you is that I think once we've settled into the division after a few games that we will more than ruffle a few feathers as I do think we will have enough going forward with the new players plus our attack that did well last year.

The Championship is a good league and you don't get out of it by being a rubbish team. I don't subscribe to the National media bullshit and propaganda that we don't stand a chance, but the players have to believe that themselves for us to be able to give this a real good go. I think this is where NW's strategy of bringing in leaders wherever he can will pay off.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what these players are capable of doing as right now anything is possible still...

Re: How positive can you stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think that's a good summary for how I am feeling about things too. We've taken a long odds bet on surviving in the Prem whilst ensuring the financial health and facilities of the Club improve. Whilst this focus on off-field improvement vs on-field improvement seems odd I think it is the best way forward for us when I look at the mess Sunderland, Villa and Brum have got themselves into from gambling beyond their means.

Given what I have seen over the years at Cardiff, this approach suits me fine despite my advancing years and the possibility we may never get here again in my lifetime. I'd rather the Club grew gradually and sustainably and my kids and grandkids had a Club to support.

However, where I differ from you is that I think once we've settled into the division after a few games that we will more than ruffle a few feathers as I do think we will have enough going forward with the new players plus our attack that did well last year.

The Championship is a good league and you don't get out of it by being a rubbish team. I don't subscribe to the National media bullshit and propaganda that we don't stand a chance, but the players have to believe that themselves for us to be able to give this a real good go. I think this is where NW's strategy of bringing in leaders wherever he can will pay off.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what these players are capable of doing as right now anything is possible still...
    Ditto your last line.