+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Women wearing make up should be banned in Britain.

Women wearing make up should be banned in Britain.

I am fed up with women wearing make up.
    This is a continental fad that is catching on here.
    They are not fooling me. I know what they probably look like under that disguise.
    Lipstick, blusher, Eye brow pencils, Eye lash gunge.
    It's a disgrace. They try to look like circus clowns when they are going out and they are well scary. The Western world needs to get a grip on this disgusting practice. Young girls are doing it too .... even at twelve years old.
    Outraged I am.

SuperBluebirds91

Re: Women wearing make up should be banned in Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    They are not fooling me. I know what they probably look like under that disguise.
    It's a disgrace. They try to look like circus clowns when they are going out and they are well scary. The Western world needs to get a grip on this disgusting practice. Young girls are doing it too .... even at twelve years old.
    Outraged I am.
    It’s a difficult one this. I mean - I’d say let people express and present themselves in the way feel they should and perceive themselves as. For example if you’re a man and you want to look very masculine or a women who wants to enhance their looks by wearing make up then so be it. Equally if you feel that you’re gender doesn’t match what you were assigned at birth then you should be able to present and express who you are but that’s a whole other topic. For me personally make up seems ridiculous and in honesty it doesn’t always make people look better look8ng etc. Sometimes its just awful. Then again when I wear a football shirt and my belly’s sticking out I know I look blooming stupid! Lol. But when done nicely it can really make you look at someone twice.

So IMO I think make up is daft and a waste of money however that’s just me as I have no interest In looking feminine. Bottom line let people be what they want and look how they want...as long as they aren’t dressed like that clown from the film IT I don’t care really.

What an odd thing to be fed up with.

Outraged I am.
    You always seem to get so wound up about weird things.

How does anyone wearing make up affect you?

If people could just live and let live with stuff that has no discernible negative affect on others the world would be a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

How does anyone wearing make up affect you?
    You need to ask! What he does on Saturday nights ......

Surely just a wind-up?

I give in.

Is this thread a joke? Is the OP just being ironic or flip or something?

Is he referring to the insane plastered on without any nuance, subtlety or sense of aesthetics make up that seems to have become fashionable over the last ten years or so? If he is, I agree that it looks absolutely mental. That said, it definitely isn’t a continental thing! People on the continent think the stmary’s street element (cartoon roiders and made up mini skirts and mega cleavages) of welsh( and britsh i suppose) culture is ridiculous and embarrasing.

I think the humour in the original post is lost on some. I think it's a pastiche of last week's events. Well I thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think the humour in the original post is lost on some. I think it's a pastiche of last week's events. Well I thought it was funny.
    Exactly

^^^this

Outraged I am.
    What about Mel Gibson in Braveheart?

I did think that at first but the OP doesn’t have a history of subtlety

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I did think that at first but the OP doesn’t have a history of subtlety
    Maybe he has a long term plan to post a subtle message made even more subtle by his previous lack of soft-touch?

I think the majority of issues could be solved with a little give and take and understanding no one wants to be an arsehole, even if they may act that way sometimes.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Euphemism imo

I take the point about a lack of historical subtlety but I thought it was funny