+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loyal Warnock?

Loyal Warnock?

for me it felt like he showed too much loyalty to the players that brought us up and I keep getting the feeling that he’s forcing Bamba and Manga in the side because he doesn’t want to drop either of them but I do fear that he’ll show too much loyalty this season, hopefully he’ll make some changes against Newcastle. I don’t think I’m being negative just an observation

Re: Loyal Warnock?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    for me it felt like he showed too much loyalty to the players that brought us up and I keep getting the feeling that he’s forcing Bamba and Manga in the side because he doesn’t want to drop either of them but I do fear that he’ll show too much loyalty this season, hopefully he’ll make some changes against Newcastle. I don’t think I’m being negative just an observation
    To be fair, what had any of those players done last season that meant they deserved to get the chop? At least Warnock can now say to any player that complains about not playing "You had your chance at Bournemouth, and look what happened".

Warnock is not that sentimental but he will keep his word to let the players that took us up have the chance to show they are capable of being Premier League players. That keeps the team spirit going and that is probably the key thing that we have going for us this year. The players will then know when they haven't done enough and will try harder knowing they'll get chances if they show they deserve it.

There will be changes for Newcastle as Arter brings enough to the midfield role to make it worth dropping someone - he's already made that clear.

Let's give them all a chance to show what they can do and to play without fear of the crowd at home. Even if it's not going well we have to give the players our support so that they don't go into their shells.

It was a tough one ,the mistake we made was holding out for the Liverpool lad , we should have got two midfielders in earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    To be fair, what had any of those players done last season that meant they deserved to get the chop? At least Warnock can now say to any player that complains about not playing "You had your chance at Bournemouth, and look what happened".
    Warnock seems a lot more pragmatic than that. I think he thought that was the team that had the best chance of winning.

Warnock is not afraid to drop a player! I think we’ll see a better midfield for Newcastle. Hopefully ken is back and starts with Murphy hoilett and Reid buzzing around him. NML to make an impact off the bench..

he's Loyal Babe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    he's Loyal Babe.
    Not like some of these snakes.

The midfielders weren't ready. I'd be surprised to see Bamba and Paterson starting in midfield on Saturday. Toss up between Manga and Bamba at centre back, tempted to say he'll play Bamba against Rondon/Joselu.