+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The standout Welsh players from the weekend

The standout Welsh players from the weekend

Re: The standout Welsh players from the weekend

the previous weekend the player getting the plaudits & MoM award was Gwion Edwards at Ipswich. I admit he's not a player I know but I know he's been called up before without being capped, maybe worth keeping an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    the previous weekend the player getting the plaudits & MoM award was Gwion Edwards at Ipswich. I admit he's not a player I know but I know he's been called up before without being capped, maybe worth keeping an eye on.
    Yes I wrote about him last weekend, he had a stormer https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...ening-weekend/

Cracking Blog mate

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Yes I wrote about him last weekend, he had a stormer https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...ening-weekend/
    The Welsh Mbappe!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Welsh Mbappe!
    😂😂 something like that aye!

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Cracking Blog mate
    Thanks for reading mate

I'd not seen Lawrence's goal before, so thanks for that. Hennessey was very good for Palace on Saturday and, after a few years where he was an automatic choice in the Welsh goal, he now needs displays like that to stay number one.

Very interesting to see Ramsey playing in what I think most would regard as his best position and Ozil "relegated" to a role out wide - I agree he was lacking fitness, but what good football Arsenal played in a first half where they were completely outplayed usually had him at the heart of it.

Keep the stories coming, they're interesting and enjoyable.

Really enjoyed reading hopefully be many more throughout the season

Heisenberg

I'd never heard of Matthew Smith before reading this. What do people know about him? Is he likely to be the next breakthrough talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'd never heard of Matthew Smith before reading this. What do people know about him? Is he likely to be the next breakthrough talent?
    He's rated highly at Manchester City and got Wilshere sent off in an Under 23 match so he has my backing already!

Anyone know how Matondo's getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's rated highly at Manchester City and got Wilshere sent off in an Under 23 match so he has my backing already!

Anyone know how Matondo's getting on?
    http://www.talkingbaws.com/2018/05/m...-sprint-tests/

Thanks for reading all, appreciate the comments. I'll be posting on Wales and Cardiff every week.

You might be interested in this one that I just put out - assessing the World Cup 2018 qualification campaign with some interesting stats, as well as discussing the transition period that is about to commence in September.

https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...-of-a-new-era/

Thanks for reading all, appreciate the comments. I'll be posting on Wales and Cardiff every week.

You might be interested in this one that I just put out - assessing the World Cup 2018 qualification campaign with some interesting stats, as well as discussing the transition period that is about to commence in September.

https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...-of-a-new-era/
    Interesting reading, just wish that we would sign a few Welshmen!

Here's the roundup for this weekend feat. Bale, Allen, Brooks, Edwards + more

https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...-this-weekend/

What are we going to do with all these new young players? There must be about 10 of them. It's a good thing that Giggs acknowledged the young talent, and took a bunch of them to China. It's all very exciting!

I think most will disagree but I'm glad Dummet is reconsidering coming back. I feel like he was often left out under Coleman to inferior players and I imagine after taking so much time away it probably did get infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think most will disagree but I'm glad Dummet is reconsidering coming back. I feel like he was often left out under Coleman to inferior players and I imagine after taking so much time away it probably did get infuriating.
    Dummett never does anything eye catching, but he has been a regular starter for a team that has either been in the Premier League or winning the Championship for a good few seasons now and I don't believe Wales are good enough to do without someone with a CV like that - I could see a future from him in the Wales team as one of three centrebacks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dummett never does anything eye catching, but he has been a regular starter for a team that has either been in the Premier League or winning the Championship for a good few seasons now and I don't believe Wales are good enough to do without someone with a CV like that - I could see a future from him in the Wales team as one of three centrebacks.
    Yeah I think so as well. Would allow Davies to strengthen us at left wing back as Taylor seems to be on a decline.

However I'm not certain if Giggs will stick with 5 at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He is not flashy but is solid enough to hold down a place under Benitez, that has to say something.

Though I do fear that if he doesn’t get game time (which could be likely), will he throw his toys out again and retire early.

If I’m honest, I’d prefer to see Mepham start in a three over Dummett. Davies is obviously first choice on the left. The only way I can see him playing is with injury/suspension.

He is not flashy but is solid enough to hold down a place under Benitez, that has to say something.

Though I do fear that if he doesn’t get game time (which could be likely), will he throw his toys out again and retire early.

If I’m honest, I’d prefer to see Mepham start in a three over Dummett. Davies is obviously first choice on the left. The only way I can see him playing is with injury/suspension.
    Although he will, hopefully, be good for the 2020 Euros, Chester is not getting any younger and there is an argument which says that Davies could be a very effective left wing back for Wales.

Will we play with wingbacks, now that we have Woodburn, Brooks, Bale and Wilson available up front? I can see us playing a flat back four, but I may be wrong.

Will we play with wingbacks, now that we have Woodburn, Brooks, Bale and Wilson available up front? I can see us playing a flat back four, but I may be wrong.
    My thinking is the same as yours, can't see us playing with 5 at the back with so many attacking options.

My thinking is the same as yours, can't see us playing with 5 at the back with so many attacking options.
    That's why Ampadu is an interesting option, cos you could theoretically change to a back 3 on the fly if he was playing as a defensive midfielder.

That's why Ampadu is an interesting option, cos you could theoretically change to a back 3 on the fly if he was playing as a defensive midfielder.
    Sounds like you've been reading my blog! https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...rk-next-month/

Sounds like you've been reading my blog! https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...rk-next-month/
    I think I did mention the same thing on here a couple of months ago, do you read this message board at all?

Actually our front 6 is becoming very versatile, almost interchangable.

I like your photo, but what's going on with those socks?