+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attendances not vital anymore.

Re: Attendances not vital anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    the premier league is big business globally , but the fanbases of the bigger clubs dictates who is televised more. on your criteria cardiff , huddersfield, burnley, brighton, watford and many more, are bigger clubs than leeds and villa because they receive more money and play premier league football , which is absolute cobblers as most football fans already know.
    Leeds are not seen globally though are they. The dirty Leeds of the 70’s may have given them a legacy but today Leeds Utd Football Club is totally irrelevant and insignificant on a global scale.

All those teams that shouldn’t be able to shine a light to you have caught you and overtaken you in terms of global recognition. Ask one of the 40 million Americans who watched football (soccer 😜) on TV and they’ll tell you they know who Leicester City are and who BourneMOUTH are but have no clue who you’re talking about when you mention Leeds.

It’s going to take Leeds 5 to 10 years of continued success for that cycle to get reversed and you sadly already realise that that’s not going to happen in your lifetime. 😓

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Villa were in the play off final last season werent they ? - if thats not 'close to promotion' I dont know what is. Also the reason that Leeds were on tv the most last year has nothing to do with Leeds being a 'big club' and everything to do with who they were playing and the fact that Leeds were in freefall and plenty of goals/entertainment was guaranteed because their defence was so useless.
    that must account for it then . been in freefalll every season for years brings the punters in on sky tv for years on end, , nobody wants to watch the teams chasing promotion, biggest average home attendances mean nothing . the viewing figures mean nothing as well and every club who gets promoted are bigger clubs than leeds and villa . your delusion knows no bounds fella.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Leeds are not seen globally though are they. The dirty Leeds of the 70’s may have given them a legacy but today Leeds Utd Football Club is totally irrelevant and insignificant on a global scale.

All those teams that shouldn’t be able to shine a light to you have caught you and overtaken you in terms of global recognition. Ask one of the 40 million Americans who watched football (soccer 😜) on TV and they’ll tell you they know who Leicester City are and who BourneMOUTH are but have no clue who you’re talking about when you mention Leeds.

It’s going to take Leeds 5 to 10 years of continued success for that cycle to get reversed and you sadly already realise that that’s not going to happen in your lifetime. 😓
    global recognition comes from playing in europe for many years, something that many clubs you think are bigger than leeds because they play in the premier league can only dream about. you do talk some absolute tosh fella.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    global recognition comes from playing in europe for many years, something that many clubs you think are bigger than leeds because they play in the premier league can only dream about. you do talk some absolute tosh fella.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣 I want to give you the benefit of the doubt that you’re on a wind up and couldn’t possibly be as thick as you write. Let’s do that shall we - at least for the very first time someone has acknowledged you’re correct about something 🤣🤣🤣🤣

But as for the dinosaur that is Leeds Utd you’ve got a really strong set of blinkers on.

Fair do’s though - it takes some passion to stay loyal (even if you only watch on tv - one of the perks of being a massive club in the UK eh?). Many would (and have) deserted the sinking (sunk) ship but you’re hanging in there. It must be torture, so well done you 👍

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    �������� I want to give you the benefit of the doubt that you’re on a wind up and couldn’t possibly be as thick as you write. Let’s do that shall we - at least for the very first time someone has acknowledged you’re correct about something ��������

But as for the dinosaur that is Leeds Utd you’ve got a really strong set of blinkers on.

Fair do’s though - it takes some passion to stay loyal (even if you only watch on tv - one of the perks of being a massive club in the UK eh?). Many would (and have) deserted the sinking (sunk) ship but you’re hanging in there. It must be torture, so well done you ��
    in your tiny world bournemouth and leicester are a global brand , because 40 million americans have seen them on the telly in the premier league, and nobody as ever heard of leeds utd because they play in the championship . therefore they are bigger clubs than leeds . the fact neither club can hold a candle to leeds in terms of , attendances , tv coverage , history , trophies , playing in europe etc the full nine yards as no bearing on the matter . bournemouth , leicester and god knows how many more are bigger clubs simply because they currently play in the premier league.

if that is not one of the most dumbest comments in football messageboard history i dont know what is fella .

I’m not sure what’s worse he doesn’t know what global means or he doesn’t know what a capital letter is.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’m not sure what’s worse he doesn’t know what global means or he doesn’t know what a capital letter is.
    a global club is one which is recognised throughout europe for past achievements and been successful over a long period of time, not a club who as only recently started playing in the premier league and whose only ambition or achievement , will be to stay there as long as they can , and make a few quid at the same time , before departing from whence they came in the not too distant future , without ever troubling the major clubs who will scoop all the trophies.

there is a world of difference my friend.

a global club is one which is recognised throughout europe
    This has to be on purpose, ****ing hell

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This has to be on purpose, ****ing hell
    You’d like to think so. He either plays the part really really well or he is officially totally ignorant. I suspect the latter but if not he’s a genius who ‘as’ carried on this persona for a considerable amount of time. He must have made a note on his calendar of when his ban expired.

Actually thinking about it why didn’t he just log on from a different IP... oh wait... I already know the answer to that question 😂

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Villa were in the play off final last season werent they ? - if thats not 'close to promotion' I dont know what is. Also the reason that Leeds were on tv the most last year has nothing to do with Leeds being a 'big club' and everything to do with who they were playing and the fact that Leeds were in freefall and plenty of goals/entertainment was guaranteed because their defence was so useless.
    Your desperation to defend City at all costs is making you look stupid here. You look at the number of times Leeds are shown live on Sky season in, season out and it proves that chris is right - they provide viewing figures, and paying customers, that we simply cannot. It's the same with Villa, when Newcastle are in the Football League and I think the same is probably true of a team like Forest. All four of the teams I've mentioned have won European club trophies which give them a degree of recognition, and an addition to their fanbase from other countries, which we, and many others, just cannot match.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Your desperation to defend City at all costs is making you look stupid here. You look at the number of times Leeds are shown live on Sky season in, season out and it proves that chris is right - they provide viewing figures, and paying customers, that we simply cannot. It's the same with Villa, when Newcastle are in the Football League and I think the same is probably true of a team like Forest. All four of the teams I've mentioned have won European club trophies which give them a degree of recognition, and an addition to their fanbase from other countries, which we, and many others, just cannot match.
    Very true but there’s also the black humour element and this, in my opinion, relates to Leeds more than any other club. Pundits seem to revel in the ‘how the mighty have fallen’ scenario, viewers are like rubber neckers or ghouls looking on as it’s described how Leeds,who were once for a short while one of the county’s best, are now years later being humbled in front of the country by Rotherham United, Burton Albion etc. The more they’re on, the more likely it is to happen. It’s as though the tv people are willing it knowing the vast majority of viewers are absolutely loving the humiliation, I certainly am🤪🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Very true but there’s also the black humour element and this, in my opinion, relates to Leeds more than any other club. Pundits seem to revel in the ‘how the mighty have fallen’ scenario, viewers are like rubber neckers or ghouls looking on as it’s described how Leeds,who were once for a short while one of the county’s best, are now years later being humbled in front of the country by Rotherham United, Burton Albion etc. The more they’re on, the more likely it is to happen. It’s as though the tv people are willing it knowing the vast majority of viewers are absolutely loving the humiliation, I certainly am������
    Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Leeds being humbled on the telly, but there is a core of their fans who will always watch them and that happens to be quite a bit bigger than at most other clubs. If you're right and there is also an audience for Leeds games who tune in hoping to see Leeds being beaten, I wonder if there might end up being less people watching them on Sky if they continue with their early season form and are winning most times when they're televised?

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Leeds being humbled on the telly, but there is a core of their fans who will always watch them and that happens to be quite a bit bigger than at most other clubs. If you're right and there is also an audience for Leeds games who tune in hoping to see Leeds being beaten, I wonder if there might end up being less people watching them on Sky if they continue with their early season form and are winning most times when they're televised?
    Sets them up for an even bigger fall Paul, implode just after Christmas after establishing a bit of a lead at the top😂😂😂

To be fair I don’t see any defending of City in dml’s reply. He’s defending Villa if anyone isn’t he?

The lunatic only has one agenda topic “bigness” in every post he makes and as Croesy Blue accurately points out - who gives a shit about “bigness”. In revenue terms that only counts or makes a difference when you’re in the PL and last time I looked Leeds weren’t there. Actually for almost 15 years they haven’t been there. There fan base will dwindle the longer that drought continues. People only live for so long😀. My kids are in their 20’s and have never heard of Revie, Bremner, Lorimer et al. In fact they’ve never heard of Wilkinson, Chapman or Lukic. Today they couldn’t even tell you the name of Leeds Utds ground