Thread: Craig Bellamy and the search for Welsh masculinity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Craig Bellamy and the search for Welsh masculinity

Article here

http://mundialmag.com/2018/08/08/cra...iverpool-2018/

Apologies if already posted.

Re: Craig Bellamy and the search for Welsh masculinity

Wow that’s amazing, so true about giving up youth football because of the stress then having no other options.

There seems to be a bit of a watershed moment for men suffering from depression at the moment. Definitely something “toxic masculinity” has held back.

Cheers for posting that. That was a great read.

Serious point to the article as well. Thread yesterday about alcohol but men (and women) boozing rather than working through their issues is a relevant topic.

An excellent read

Brilliant piece. Thanks for posting.

Good piece that.

For those who dislike Bellamy, and I'd imagine there are a few, bearing in mind the "tribal" post earlier, this should provide them with some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good piece that.

For those who dislike Bellamy, and I'd imagine there are a few, bearing in mind the "tribal" post earlier, this should provide them with some food for thought.
    Anyone that dislikes him needs to read his autobiography. He’s misunderstood by most football fans. I hope he succeeds NW as our next manager.

Craig is ok , he is as we all are growing into a better human being .as we mature.
    His dad Dougie led Craig on his journey . That article was quite touching , if you dont get Craig Bellamy read his book . He is doing the best he can .

Good, thought provoking, stuff which I can relate to to some extent. I can remember speaking to the father of someone whose son was playing for City in an Academy game we were watching who told me he had been on our books as a teenager, but made the decision to leave because of what being a youngster making his way in the professional game entailed - he said he had come to the view that a career in football was not for him and one of the things which contributed to that decision was that he was uncomfortable with some of the things he had seen and heard that were considered to be "normal" by others at the club. I found myself relating to what he had said because, although I'd known I wasn't good enough to play professionally from an early age. I'd gradually come to a decision that I did not have some of the personality traits needed to make it as a footballer even if had been sufficiently talented - I absolutely love the game, but I don't like some of the things which go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Article here

http://mundialmag.com/2018/08/08/cra...iverpool-2018/

Apologies if already posted.
    Excellent read that. Good find AA.