+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't mention Brexit

Don't mention Brexit

Whose fecking stupid idea was this .....

£40M+ in lost sales, 200+ people will lose their jobs in 2020 plus 100s more in the supply chain, questionaire after questionaire from customers wanting pull forwards, stock builds, transfer of manufacturing to Europe, contract revisions and non renewals. They all think I've got a crystal ball.

What a fecking disaster, killing off a business which has taken 30 years to build!

I wonder whether the Chinese or American's will want the product ... oh no, I forgot they insist it's built in their own countries, the same as Europe are now doing.

Need to start looking after myself rather than trying to keep hundreds of others in work!

Rant over ....

p.s. feck politicians of all parties! W.anchors!

Re: Don't mention Brexit

Feel for you mate

Economic suicide

Same thing happened to my Grandfather when we joined the EU, so I know how you feel. The family business that was generations in the making was completely wiped out due to European directives. Luckily there was enough money to send me to a private school and a top university, otherwise I don't know what I would have done. All politicians are winkers

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Same thing happened to my Grandfather when we joined the EU, so I know how you feel. The family business that was generations in the making was completely wiped out due to European directives. Luckily there was enough money to send me to a private school and a top university, otherwise I don't know what I would have done. All politicians are winkers
    That's sad, what did your grandfather do?

Just ignore the WUM that lives on the politics forum, Des. Yours is a real life example of what is going to happen all over the country as Brexit gets closer and unfortunately it's not having your cake and eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

£40M+ in lost sales, 200+ people will lose their jobs in 2020 plus 100s more in the supply chain, questionaire after questionaire from customers wanting pull forwards, stock builds, transfer of manufacturing to Europe, contract revisions and non renewals. They all think I've got a crystal ball.

What a fecking disaster, killing off a business which has taken 30 years to build!

I wonder whether the Chinese or American's will want the product ... oh no, I forgot they insist it's built in their own countries, the same as Europe are now doing.

Need to start looking after myself rather than trying to keep hundreds of others in work!

Rant over ....

That must be an awful worry I hope its not as bad as the doom mongers portray ,trouble is are they saying this to force a reversal , I work for a private company , we suspect there will be a dip or a slow down due to uncertainty, I would have thought if it was going to be as bad as they say we /you would be feeling it now, like every new period in a countries opportunities will arise,no one is going to stop trading with a successful influential country like ours .

I hope it will be good for you in the end .

I would add besides the politicians, very naive people have voted in ways that are narrow in thought , I don't buy they didn't know what they are voting for ,they wanted out for a number of reason , but i'm guessing the ordinary voter did not have a clue about trade,customs unions or even understood it , other factors were much higher on their agenda .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just ignore the WUM that lives on the politics forum, Des. Yours is a real life example of what is going to happen all over the country as Brexit gets closer and unfortunately it's not having your cake and eating it.
    Is there any need for your constant juvenile behaviour? You are devoid of any original thought, and you try to appear informed by regularly regurgitating suspect news articles. Unfortunately for you they always end up getting debunked, which makes you an unwitting peddler of propaganda, a.k.a. a useful idiot.

If you don’t mind me asking what was your Grabdfather’s business?

Rant over ....

Sorry to hear mate, I agree it’s a stupid idea brought about because of a stupid referendum enacated by a coward more interested in pandering to a few bellends in his party.

It's just so fecking soul destroying. In the 90's I worked for 2 companies who ultimately moved their business to "low cost geographies" in Czech & Thailand.

I joined my current company in 2001 and as a mercenrary Brit (in this context) I've made it my goal to not only ensure that doesn't happen here but in fact I've brought components & suppliers back into the company or UK suppliers that was outsourced to Eastern Europe, Turkey, Eqypt, India & China. I'm proud that I've enabled this, bucked the trend and created 100's of jobs in the UK. In the intervening 17 years, I've played a major part in quadrupling the size of the business.

In 2011, I was asked to set up an Eastern European factory, after a year of stress, arguments and negotiation, I convinced the owners to stick with UK manufacturing. Again, one of my proudest moments.

Fast forward to the Brexit decision, followed by German & French customers not renewing contracts "unless the product is manufactured within the EU" now written into contracts. I can't stop the tide this time. New factory to open in Eastern Europe 2022/3. Loss of £80M / year exports & probably 750 UK jobs if I include the supply chain.

Good job I retire in 2024!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking what was your Grabdfather’s business?
    It was a private enterprise that's sole purpose was to create a union between European countries.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Sorry to hear mate, I agree it’s a stupid idea brought about because of a stupid referendum enacated by a coward more interested in pandering to a few bellends in his party.
    Agreed and Des has my sympathies - I'm sure what he talks about isn't unique to his company

I still say though the biggest disgrace about the whole thing was the woeful standard of debate on both sides in the lead up to the referendum. What you voted for is secondary here, the scandal is that many on both sides (myself included) made their decision with only a very patchy knowledge of the consequences of their vote - this dreadfully mediocre generation of politicians have so much to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    That's sad, what did your grandfather do?
    It seems we will never find out.

Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I still say though the biggest disgrace about the whole thing was the woeful standard of debate on both sides in the lead up to the referendum. What you voted for is secondary here, the scandal is that many on both sides (myself included) made their decision with only a very patchy knowledge of the consequences of their vote - this dreadfully mediocre generation of politicians have so much to answer for.
    100% agree ToBW.

The time should have been spent before the referendum providing people them with the information & facts to make a quantified decision. Instead it became a scaremongering points scoring exercise. Who is going to be held accountable?

100% agree ToBW.

The time should have been spent before the referendum providing people them with the information & facts to make a quantified decision. Instead it became a scaremongering points scoring exercise. Who is going to be held accountable?
    I am not sure about this. If the public actually got off their ass and did some research (mine didn't consist of much/enough but probably more than average) then politicians and the other leading figures involved in the campaigns (including newspapers and business) wouldn't have been able to get away with making things up. We got the debate/discourse we deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It seems we will never find out.

Funny that.
    I no longer enter into personal discussion with bad actors, as you're all up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I am not sure about this. If the public actually got off their ass and did some research (mine didn't consist of much/enough but probably more than average) then politicians and the other leading figures involved in the campaigns (including newspapers and business) wouldn't have been able to get away with making things up. We got the debate/discourse we deserved.
    I saw that Blair and Cameron were in bed with Clinton, Bush and Obama. That was enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It was a private enterprise that's sole purpose was to create a union between European countries.
    I heard he made pork pies.

I saw that Blair and Cameron were in bed with Clinton, Bush and Obama. That was enough for me
    Yeah, I suppose you're right when you consider the political giants they were up against - Johnson, Farage, Gove, Fox, Hoey, Davies, Rees-Mogg, May (on alternate days when she's not in the remain camp), seven out of ten Corbyn and, of course, the one and only Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, I suppose you're right when you consider the political giants they were up against - Johnson, Farage, Gove, Fox, Hoey, Davies, Rees-Mogg, May (on alternate days when she's not in the remain camp), seven out of ten Corbyn and, of course, the one and only Donald Trump.
    I totally agree with you, but we have to leave the EU first before we can sort out the mess at home. We need a parliament that has full political power over the UK when we start to vote all these jokers out.

I totally agree with you, but we have to leave the EU first before we can sort out the mess at home. We need a parliament that has full political power over the UK when we start to vote all these jokers out.
    What a complete load of rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    What a complete load of rubbish.
    In that case, we may as well leave the jokers there, as they will be answering to Brussels and not us.

Would we not be in danger of voting in the next batch of jokers , or am I missing something in terms of what the alternative is .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Would we not be in danger of voting in the next batch of jokers , or am I missing something in terms of what the alternative is .
    It's up to the voters who they decide to vote for isn't it? But while the EU sits at the top of the pyramid it doesn't really matter, since the EU will be calling the shots. Put simply, the solution is in the hands of the voters, but they would have to be politically aware. Unfortunately from what I have seen most people are half asleep.

You'd have gone to a comprehensive and then, if you did well, to a top university. Glad they had enough money for the private school though. Would've been terrible to go without the essentials of life.