+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ronaldo’s overhead better than Bale’s?

Ronaldo’s overhead better than Bale’s?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45182066

I maybe looking through my dragon tinted specs but Bale’s goal was better in my opinion

Re: Ronaldo’s overhead better than Bale’s?

Made the mistake of reading the comments on that article, thinking there would be some discussion on Bale's vs Ronaldo's goals - but no, it was dominated by over sensitive man-babys who don't like the idea of women playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Made the mistake of reading the comments on that article, thinking there would be some discussion on Bale's vs Ronaldo's goals - but no, it was dominated by over sensitive man-babys who don't like the idea of women playing football.
    So many people on the internet seem to get so upset by the stupidest things, mainly anything done by a woman. How are so many people like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So many people on the internet seem to get so upset by the stupidest things, mainly anything done by a woman. How are so many people like this?
    I think some people are predisposed to be fearful and upset by change. It probably has useful evolutionary roots to have competing elements of desiring and resisting change within early societies.

Surely we've evolved to a stage where people should think "This opinion is a bit dickish maybe I shouldn't voice it or rethink it"

Surely we've evolved to a stage where people should think "This opinion is a bit dickish maybe I shouldn't voice it or rethink it"
    That's the thing though, they don't think it's a dickish opinion, they think it's correct and everyone else is an idiot

They must know they’re verbalising that opinion in a needlessly negative way though, read the comments.

They’re the sort of things I’d expect a 14 year old boy to say but so many of them seem to be adults.

I think it's because they have been unified instead of remaining separate entities, so it's a bit like the boys can be girls can be boys thing. PC related in other words.

Anyway, back to the subject

Bale all day for me. They’re both amazing, but with bales, the ball was fizzed in at speed, not looping, and at a height tha he had no right to attempt it ( to copy Rios words). How he adjusted and connect so well is unbelievable. And it was a crucial goal in a champions league final.

251. Posted by Lee on
    6 minutes ago
    Need women with bigger breasts for women’s football to be interesting. Watching 22 lesbians with tiny tits is boring

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    251. Posted by BlueArmy 86 on
    6 minutes ago
    Need women with bigger breasts for women’s football to be interesting. Watching 22 lesbians with tiny tits is boring

Unbelievable!

Anyway, back to the subject

Bale all day for me. They’re both amazing, but with bales, the ball was fizzed in at speed, not looping, and at a height tha he had no right to attempt it ( to copy Rios words). How he adjusted and connect so well is unbelievable. And it was a crucial goal in a champions league final.
    Ronaldo's looked to be the sweeter strike but not as much drama or, perhaps, difficulty to it.

P.S. Simona Halep went through breast-reduction surgery to take her up to the elite levels in her sport. I imagine she's the definition of nightmare to these people.

I just came back to this thread. Did not expect it to have gone this way 😂😂😂

Still - at least there were 2 replies about the goals 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Unbelievable!

I’m an ass man

WOMENS ASS*

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Simona Halep went through breast-reduction surgery to take her up to the elite levels in her sport. I imagine she's the definition of nightmare to these people.
    I can't see any male footballers cutting off their knobs though, even if it did make them run faster

Has anyone watched all the contenders . Terrible standard of best goals.

Basically looks as thought they have had to pick a number of goals from all different categories rather than putting forward the best goals.

Ronaldo wasn't as good as Bales and I think it'd the best one on there.

Tough call both were brilliant , Ronaldo seems to get so much higher ,which made it so difference where Bales was a in a championship final ,I can quite remember how crucial Rolando goal was in the game , eeeek

Got to go with Ronaldo.

251. Posted by Lee on
    6 minutes ago

You quite often hear managers say the words "he does it every day in training". There have probably been hundreds of goals witnessed which many people would deem 'better'.
    With this in mind, in order to establish a pecking order for best goal, technique is not enough in isolation and the type of game, importance of the goal, opposition must be considered as others have pointed out.

As far as technique goes for these 2 goals in isolation goes, the speed and direction the ball is travelling along with the players positioning and athleticism to make the angle for contact needed to score this type of goal should be considered.
    Bale' s effort allowed less room for error IMO.

It is also a bit easier when you are allowed to basically do what you like on the football pitch, something which CR has been afforded (and earned by the way) whereas Bale has not.

In my opinion, not just because he is ours, Bale just about edges it.