+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic

Celtic

Heading out before the champions' league group stages.

The decline of Scottish football has been quite remarkable.

I wonder if this will mean they have to trim their budget.

Re: Celtic

Wait, they've got one back

I quite enjoy scottish football, I think people write it off because it isn't flooded with money and Celtic are far better than anyone else. But it's enjoyable to watch and a lot of Scottish people follow their local team at least.

How is watching Celtic hammer every other team every week and playing each other team at least three and possibly four times, an enjoyable experience. Apart from the games against Celtic and Rangers, attendances are also paltry for a top division in a European league.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I quite enjoy scottish football, I think people write it off because it isn't flooded with money and Celtic are far better than anyone else. But it's enjoyable to watch and a lot of Scottish people follow their local team at least.
    It is enjoyable, but then so is league one or league 2.
    The SPL used to be close to the premier league in quality, these days its considerably worse than the championship

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How is watching Celtic hammer every other team every week and playing each other team at least three and possibly four times, an enjoyable experience. Apart from the games against Celtic and Rangers, attendances are also paltry for a top division in a European league.
    How can you tell me what I find enjoyable? I find the football league enjoyable to watch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It is enjoyable, but then so is league one or league 2.
    The SPL used to be close to the premier league in quality, these days its considerably worse than the championship
    Yeah but while I like watching high quality football I find competitive average football enjoyable too. Lots of big games and rivalries in Scotland too and outside of Celtic it’s not a league massively affected by money.

Whilst the standard of Scottish football has obviously deteriorated, it does seem a tad ironic when us taffs have a pop at it.
    Our leagues are laughable, whilst our bigger teams have to play in another countries league in order to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How can you tell me what I find enjoyable? I find the football league enjoyable to watch too.
    The football league is competitive and attendances are considerably higher than in the Scottish Leagues as well.

The football league is competitive and attendances are considerably higher than in the Scottish Leagues as well.
    What’s that got to do wether he finds it enjoyable or not?

So?

Scum club scum fans.

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    Scum club scum fans.
    Don’t let Louth hear you say that😊. Does he still post on here?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t let Louth hear you say that😊. Does he still post on here?
    Come to think of it, he hasn't posted for a while.
    Perhaps he's decided to support his local club?

That^^^^

Is Louth about?
    Didn't Paddy Power pay out on Celtic winning the league this year last week?
    Since then haven't they lost to Hearts and then been dumped out of the CL?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What’s that got to do wether he finds it enjoyable or not?
    He can enjoy what he wants. He appears to enjoy disagreeing with everything that I post, so why cant I disagree with what he posts ?.

He can enjoy what he wants. He appears to enjoy disagreeing with everything that I post, so why cant I disagree with what he posts ?.
    Because what he’s posting isn’t up for debate. If he enjoys Scottish football that’s his prerogative.

I just posted my opinion in this thread ffs before you’d even said anything.

Back on topic whilst the Scottish league is obviously not up to the standard of the top English leagues Aberdeen didn’t look out of their league against Burnley.

Having one stand out team doesn’t mean a league isn’t enjoyable either, I watch a load of the French league and the standard is great with or without PSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    That^^^^
    I don’t understand how any of that means it can’t be enjoyed?

Heading out before the champions' league group stages.

The decline of Scottish football has been quite remarkable.

I wonder if this will mean they have to trim their budget.
    It is likely to cost them around £30m in lost t.v. , prize and attendance revenue

Don't they still get money from europa league where they stand more chance of progressing further?

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    It is likely to cost them around £30m in lost t.v. , prize and attendance revenue
    Yikes, that's a big hit.

The decline in the league is quite remarkable, and if Celtic start to regularly miss out on European money it will only accelerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Don't they still get money from europa league where they stand more chance of progressing further?
    Very little money in the Europa league until the very late stages

Yikes, that's a big hit.

The decline in the league is quite remarkable, and if Celtic start to regularly miss out on European money it will only accelerate.
    They'll be OK, and Rangers are strengthening. Only Celtic really benefit from their success, they haven't driven prices up in Scotland as they allow themselves to be pipped by Aston Villa on their main target, John McGinn. TV money won't filter down either, only Celtic got a slice of the Champs League money.