+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a load of crap

What a load of crap

How can they call this racism

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45196259

Re: What a load of crap

If you've been following his treatment in the press for me there is no other explanation of why they target him. Mediawatch on football365 has been following his treatment quite well and after reading that I can't see any other reason he's singled out so much other than being rich and black.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If you've been following his treatment in the press for me there is no other explanation of why they target him. Mediawatch on football365 has been following his treatment quite well and after reading that I can't see any other reason he's singled out so much other than being rich and black.
    So why Sterling and not Lingard, Rashford, Alli, Sturridge, Rose, Smalling or Walker?

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...as-all-a-dream

And this article really gave a good insight into everything Sterling has gone through, really made me warm to him as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    So why Sterling and not Lingard, Rashford, Alli, Sturridge, Rose, Smalling or Walker?
    One of these wasn't born in England and isn't mixed race.

A better question is why Raheem Sterling?

One of these wasn't born in England and isn't mixed race.

A better question is why Raheem Sterling?
    Because he isn't very good for England.

Edit - Rooney and Beckham have had the media hound them before, nothing was said then.

In the last year Raheem sterling has been criticised in the sun for the following reasons:

Flying with a budget airline
    Buying his mum a house
    Driving a sports car (more than once)
    Eating breakfast
    Being tired at a party with his england team mates
    Had his photo used for a drug dealing story he had nothing to do with
    Had his car cleaned at a cheap car wash
    Shopping in a pound shop
    Flying business class
    Putting a new sink in his mum's house

A number of these were on the FRONT PAGE of the paper, now why is this only happening to him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Because he isn't very good for England.

Edit - Rooney and Beckham have had the media hound them before, nothing was said then.
    To no where near the same extent, Harry Kane was shite for England at the Euros as was half the team. The criticism of Sterling was in full flow for years before this world cup.

Beckham and Rooney were criticised because they kicked people and got needlessly sent off which led to England exiting tournaments and cheated on their pregnant wives multiple times. Neither of them had half the stick sterling has in the last 3 or 4 years.

Heisenberg

This is possibly the worst of the lot, but I couldn't see it in the links posted above.

From The Sun:

'Stabbed Teens Die In Streets'

"Two more teenagers were killed over the weekend as Raheem Sterling revealed his controversial gun tattoo"

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This is possibly the worst of the lot, but I couldn't see it in the links posted above.

From The Sun:

"Two more teenagers were killed over the weekend as Raheem Sterling revealed his controversial gun tattoo"
    Exactly there hasn't been another footballer who's had stuff like this happening to them. His tattoo might have been a stupid decision but that's no excuse for all of this. These stories are printed because the sun know their readerbase and a black immigrant done good after growing up in the inner city is exactly the sort of character who will get clicks and outrage.

It's racism and there's plenty of evidence for it. If anyone thinks it isn't I'd love to know why they think that and to see proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

From The Sun:

Well I hope he has had the morals to cover the tattoo. "Sterling goes swimming, 20 dead at beach resort"

Because he is a horrible diving complaining sod I say the same about grealish, it has nothing to do with racism, can someone actually post a link to where he has been racially abused, because i cannot find one, just because he gets lots of stick does not make it racial, they are just surmising it is without any proof

I love the one of him shopping at pound land with Martin skrtel

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Because he is a horrible diving complaining sod I say the same about grealish, it has nothing to do with racism, can someone actually post a link to where he has been racially abused, because i cannot find one, just because he gets lots of stick does not make it racial, they are just surmising it is without any proof
    Do you think it is a coincidence a young, rich, black man gets the level of stick he does? He got abuse for driving to get breakfast! Pickford has a knife tattooed on his arm, Damien Delaney has a gun tattoo but they don't have stories about them. Why aren't there stories about Jamie Vardy around when he's racially abused people in the past? Oh wait, it is because they're white.

Also, in some stories, they've deliberately changed direct quotes from Sterling to make it more incriminating.

Also, Sterling is an immigrant, which means he's an easy target.

But Grealish is young, rich and English and a diver yet hasn’t had this treatment. In fact your first sentence could describe every single top flight footballer more or less. Yet Raheem Sterling is the only one who gets consistent front page news stories slagging him off for living his life. Explain to me why this is only happening to him?

No one is saying he’s being racially abused (although that’s happened too) they’re saying his being targeted because he’s a black immigrant.

And this sort of treatment and reported empowers racists to act on their racism:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8118061.html

Hence why it’s considered dangerous and the same reason boris Johnson is getting so much stick.

It’s dog whistle racism and this countries press has been printing more and more of it the last few years.

I don’t know how anyone can see this and not think he’s being specifically targeted.

Jamie Vardy was caught on camera being racist
    Ali got filmed getting sucked off
    John atomes cheated on his wife
    Etc yet none of these got any treatment like this over their every day actions.

Interesting and shows the state of tabloid press but I'm sure they run nothing stories on anyone in the public eye. Is this a case of if you look for something you will find it?

Maybe not, if anyone does anything wrong and your remotely famous you are getting hit hard by the sun and social media but apart from a questionable tattoo (hardly offensive really) I can't say he has ever made me even think of him outside of watching the football.

I just dislike the whole using of race, however as I say, I can't see why he as a person would be vilified really.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Do you think it is a coincidence a young, rich, black man gets the level of stick he does? He got abuse for driving to get breakfast! Pickford has a knife tattooed on his arm, Damien Delaney has a gun tattoo but they don't have stories about them. Why aren't there stories about Jamie Vardy around when he's racially abused people in the past? Oh wait, it is because they're white.

Also, in some stories, they've deliberately changed direct quotes from Sterling to make it more incriminating.

Also, Sterling is an immigrant, which means he's an easy target.
    I think The Mail and The Sun were the only rags to report on Bothroyd's shit tattoo (weapons that spelled out 'LOVE'). The Sun got Damilola Taylor's dad involved for that story as well.

The Mail Online's headline was 'Jay Bothroyd: Anger as Premier League star shows off 'gangsta' tattoo'.

Gangsta, eh? I wonder why they'd attribute that word to Jay...

My only criticism of Sterling is that he has no composure in front of goal for a so-called quality international player who earns 1000 times the average salary. His finishing for England has been shockingly poor😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    My only criticism of Sterling is that he has no composure in front of goal for a so-called quality international player who earns 1000 times the average salary. His finishing for England has been shockingly poor😂😂😂
    But did you see his finish at the weekend? It’s almost like he’s more at ease at Man City when he hasn’t got the same ridiculous scrutiny on his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Interesting and shows the state of tabloid press but I'm sure they run nothing stories on anyone in the public eye. Is this a case of if you look for something you will find it?

Maybe not, if anyone does anything wrong and your remotely famous you are getting hit hard by the sun and social media but apart from a questionable tattoo (hardly offensive really) I can't say he has ever made me even think of him outside of watching the football.

I just dislike the whole using of race, however as I say, I can't see why he as a person would be vilified really.
    Find me anyone else who’s had numerous front pages on them despite doing nothing.

How can they call this racism

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45196259
    In my opinion it is. He's not liked because of his background and what the media think he represents. He also comes across as pretty confident and he doesn't play the game that the media like, thankful and appreciative, he doesn't seem to give a ****, and why should he? Problem with that is that the tabloid press and the borderline Racists don't like a black man from the wrong end of the street becoming successful and refusing to play their game. Maybe he should make a fool of himself in the media, like a lot of black players have had to do in order to be accepted. If Sterling was like Anthony Joshua, then the media would love him, everything to everyone, Joshua is from a dodgy area with a fair bit of form, but he has to play up to the reactionary press, just shows how far we have come.

Joey Barton is a case in point, he has scumbag tendencies, has some serious form, been sent to prison, done for assault, stubbed out a cigar in a kids face, banned from playing, yet gets a gig on Talksport and a managers job soon after, I wonder if that would have been the case if he was black?