+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a load of crap

Re: What a load of crap

Paul Gascoigne has suffered far, far worse from the media but he can’t play the race card.

Sterling has shit on both QPR, and then Liverpool in his quest to get to the top of the pay scale. A single minded individual who doesn’t know the meaning of the word loyalty. This is reflected in his private life, where he’s shit on the mother of his children from a great height.

He’s an undesirable regardless of skin colour.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sterling has shit on both QPR, and then Liverpool in his quest to get to the top of the pay scale. A single minded individual who doesn’t know the meaning of the word loyalty. This is reflected in his private life, where he’s shit on the mother of his children from a great height.

He’s an undesirable regardless of skin colour.
    Is it unusual for a player to have 3 clubs, surely he's only showing ambition. Joe Hart, John Stones, Dele Ali and plenty of others have cheated on their parteners and have got no where near the level of stick. Just look at all those front pages in those tweets and at the football365 analysis of it, he has got non stop stick and it isn't down to him cheating on his partener or moving clubs.

Paul Gasgoine was very mentally ill and the papers took advantage of him, he also beat his wife. He never got on the front page for the innocuous reasons sterling has.

Even the way you describe him is loaded ffs, calling him an undesirable because he's got ambition in his career and because he's allegedly done something else plenty of 20 year olds have done to their partners.

Paul Gascoigne has suffered far, far worse from the media but he can’t play the race card.
    And he was there darling when he was burping into microphones and wearing false tits. He obviously had mental health issues back then but his behaviour was encouraged by the media and team mates, he was let down badly by the football authorities. When he stopped having any entertainment value, the media turned on him, a very gifted bloke with demons in his head, he was played and used. Gascoigne was from a poor background and didn't really get much of an education, he had and still has mental health problems, yet the media crucified him and made his situation worse. He was an uneducated working class lad, the media and his clubs had a responsibility towards his health. His background and lack of support, as well as his obvious issues were used against him.

So people with mental health issues are fair game? As long as they’re not ethnic?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Even the way you describe him is loaded ffs, calling him an undesirable because he's got ambition in his career and because he's allegedly done something else plenty of 20 year olds have done to their partners.
    Plenty of 20 year olds are not in the public eye, and meant to be setting an example to children.

If you think the way he treated QPR and Liverpool was merely “showing ambition” then all the Georgie.

Stick to debating with Chris. It’s about your level.

So people with mental health issues are fair game? As long as they’re not ethnic?
    I'd say that being 'Ethnic' is enough for the tabloids, disturbing behaviour and Alcoholism would just be a bonus for them. Maybe sterling needs to wear a pair of fake tits, although the Sun would have him for Sexism

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd say that being 'Ethnic' is enough for the tabloids, disturbing behaviour and Alcoholism would just be a bonus for them. Maybe sterling needs to wear a pair of fake tits, although the Sun would have him for Sexism
    Maybe the press drove Gazza to being so mentally unstable.

If just bring ethnic is enough how come Rashford and Lingard are not getting the same treatment?

Maybe the press drove Gazza to being so mentally unstable.

If just bring ethnic is enough how come Rashford and Lingard are not getting the same treatment?
    Because they haven't had the bare faced cheek to turn down a contract at a top club, refuse to go training and put out an interview on the BBC basically telling Liverpool to go **** themselves. If they were a little more decadent, obnoxious, like plenty of white footballers have been, then i'm sure that the Tabloid press would target them, although neither are as good as Sterling and not as high profile. Incidentally, Liverpool received the best part of 50 million for sterling and picked him up from qpr for 600 grand. I wish that that someone would treat me that badly!

Because they haven't had the bare faced cheek to turn down a contract at a top club, refuse to go training and put out an interview on the BBC basically telling Liverpool to go **** themselves. If they were a little more decadent, obnoxious, like plenty of white footballers have been, then i'm sure that the Tabloid press would target them, although neither are as good as Sterling and not as high profile. Incidentally, Liverpool received the best part of 50 million for sterling and picked him up from qpr for 600 grand. I wish that that someone would treat me that badly!
    Refusing to train for an employer paying you tens of thousands a week. How comendable.

Cos the press never went after any obnoxious white footballers did they? 🙄

Plenty of 20 year olds are not in the public eye, and meant to be setting an example to children.

If you think the way he treated QPR and Liverpool was merely “showing ambition” then all the Georgie.

Stick to debating with Chris. It’s about your level.
    Even if he did treat the clubs like shit (he didn’t) why is he the only one getting stories like this consistently in the press?

He got plucked from QPR as a youngster by Liverpool, just like Joe Hart did From Shrewsbury, just like Dele Ali did from MK dons, just like plenty of other England players. What did he do worse than them?

He had a couple of good seasons at Liverpool then wanted to move to a club where he could win things. How is that any different to Wayne Rooney or Jordon Henderson?

Even if he was an actual arse hole (read that article above he isn’t) why does he deserve this and no one other player does?

The reason he’s in the papers is because they know that a young, black, rich immigrants generates more outrage and clicks than anything else.

I don’t know where I said it’s fine for the press to treat anyone with mental healthy poorly. But I don’t know why it needs the false equivalency. There are plenty of other England players who have moved clubs and cheated on their wives, non of them get the level of negative coverage sterling does.

Cos the press never went after any obnoxious white footballers did they? 🙄
    You haven’t looked at one link posted in this thread have you? The press aren’t going for anyone like they’re going for sterling.

And there hasn’t been any consistent hatred printed about any other footballer like there is for sterling now.

Even if there had been? Why would that make it ok? Or why would that mean it wasn’t racially motivated.

The problem is the ones in this thread who don’t think it’s racially motivated don’t seem to want to look at or dispute the huge amount of evidence that’s being posted in here.

I was unsure it was racially motivated but I’ve been following the football 365 coverage of it for 4 years and looking at that and the front pages posted on that twitter link I can’t think of any other reason he gets targeted the way he does.

Did you really just use WAYNE ROONEY as someone who doesn’t get the treatment from the press that Raheem Sterling does?

WOW. Just WOW.

Even if he did treat the clubs like shit (he didn’t) why is he the only one getting stories like this consistently in the press?

He got plucked from QPR as a youngster by Liverpool, just like Joe Hart did From Shrewsbury, just like Dele Ali did from MK dons, just like plenty of other England players. What did he do worse than them?

He had a couple of good seasons at Liverpool then wanted to move to a club where he could win things. How is that any different to Wayne Rooney or Jordon Henderson?

Even if he was an actual arse hole (read that article above he isn’t) why does he deserve this and no one other player does?

The reason he’s in the papers is because they know that a young, black, rich immigrants generates more outrage and clicks than anything else.

I don’t know where I said it’s fine for the press to treat anyone with mental healthy poorly. But I don’t know why it needs the false equivalency. There are plenty of other England players who have moved clubs and cheated on their wives, non of them get the level of negative coverage sterling does.
    John Terry, David Beckham and Wayne Rooney just to name three who got pelters for not being able to keep their dick in their pants. But hey, they are white, so it doesn’t suit your agenda.

John Terry, David Beckham and Wayne Rooney just to name three who got pelters for not being able to keep their dick in their pants. But hey, they are white, so it doesn’t suit your agenda.
    But we aren’t talking about them getting it for that we are talking about all the other stuff he gets constantly. You obviously can’t be bothered to click one link or see what anyone else is talking about so it’s not worth discussing it. If you can be arsed look at that twitter link, Rooney and Beckham never got coverage like that.

But we aren’t talking about them getting it for that we are talking about all the other stuff he gets constantly. You obviously can’t be bothered to click one link or see what anyone else is talking about so it’s not worth discussing it. If you can be arsed look at that twitter link, Rooney and Beckham never got coverage like that.
    None so blind that those that won’t see

None so blind that those that won’t see
    Exactly

Do you not think he is targeted because he is a horrible greedy, unscrupilous bigheaded t**t

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Do you not think he is targeted because he is a horrible greedy, unscrupilous bigheaded t**t
    Why isn’t Annnis targeted then?

Heisenberg

How do you know he is horrible?
    How do you know he is greedy?
    How do you know he is unsrupilous*?
    How do you know he is bigheaded?
    How do you know he is a twat?

If you don't know him personally, then you've formed your opinions on him based on 'news' stories like the ones we've been discussing and watching him play 90mins of football each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This is possibly the worst of the lot, but I couldn't see it in the links posted above.

From The Sun:

'Stabbed Teens Die In Streets'

"Two more teenagers were killed over the weekend as Raheem Sterling revealed his controversial gun tattoo"
    For very good reasons, I don't read the Sun but that is scandalous. I was initially skeptical about this being about race (maybe because I haven't been following the story in the Sun), but the more I have read from people like you and the un-original Croesy, the more my viewpoint is changing to "Yes, this is very likely because he is black".

Croesy's list of things he has done (and been criticised for) has actually seen me warming to Sterling as well.

Because he is a horrible diving complaining sod I say the same about grealish, it has nothing to do with racism, can someone actually post a link to where he has been racially abused, because i cannot find one, just because he gets lots of stick does not make it racial, they are just surmising it is without any proof
    In your simplistic world, I guess as long as his critics don't mention his colour whilst criticising him for whatever he does (check the un-original Croesy's list to see how farcical it is) then it cannot possibly be because of race.

The problem here is that it is difficult to prove that, if Sterling were white, he would get an easier deal from the tabloids. We can't know this for certain but, regardless, the guy is being hounded by the press and the only dickish thing I have seen him do is that tattoo.

The other thing is that Beckham, Terry and Rooney were actually caught with their pants down. In a few cases, whilst their wives were carrying their children (sorry to sound all Mumsnet).

Sterling's biggest crimes seem to be buying his mum a house, shopping in Poundland, and having a questionable tattoo.