+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a load of crap

Re: What a load of crap

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Plenty of 20 year olds are not in the public eye, and meant to be setting an example to children.

If you think the way he treated QPR and Liverpool was merely “showing ambition” then all the Georgie.

Stick to debating with Chris. It’s about your level.
    Not covered yourself in glory here pal. It doesn’t appear you’ve understood what’s going on. Suggest you read the stuff Croesy Blue has posted in full. If you still feel the same way then my suggestion to you is that you are little better than the scum journalists that are spouting this shit?

Great debate other than your intervention by the way

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Not covered yourself in glory here pal. It doesn’t appear you’ve understood what’s going on. Suggest you read the stuff Croesy Blue has posted in full. If you still feel the same way then my suggestion to you is that you are little better than the scum journalists that are spouting this shit?

Great debate other than your intervention by the way
    I understand clearly what’s going on Mr Patronising.

The treatment he is getting is unfair, but I don’t agree with it being racially motivated. It’s no worse than the treatment Gazza had from the press.

The treatment he is getting is unfair, but I don’t agree with it being racially motivated. It’s no worse than the treatment Gazza had from the press.
    Nothing patronising intended. Just writing what I thought. I enjoy your football contributions. Your social ones... not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    In your simplistic world, I guess as long as his critics don't mention his colour whilst criticising him for whatever he does (check the un-original Croesy's list to see how farcical it is) then it cannot possibly be because of race.

The problem here is that it is difficult to prove that, if Sterling were white, he would get an easier deal from the tabloids. We can't know this for certain but, regardless, the guy is being hounded by the press and the only dickish thing I have seen him do is that tattoo.
    Exactly what changed my mind, once I saw the full list there was no other reason I could think of.

This quote from McCarthy sums it up perfectly I think

“But there is a section of society that utterly resents a young black kid for being hugely successful and being rewarded for that. Look at all the times there is a reference to ‘bling’ and ‘flash’ when anything is written about Sterling.

“Then ask yourself whether the same would be written about a white player? It’s not overtly racist, it’s just that insidious feeling that someone like Sterling is fair game and that he should accept this kind of treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Do you not think he is targeted because he is a horrible greedy, unscrupilous bigheaded t**t
    What’s he done differently to any other footballer to make you think that though? Moved club? I don’t even remember him diving tbh, not any more than ever other pro anyway.

It's really interesting to read this thread and compare it to the exact same thread, also started by Igovernor on the AA site.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...3c00c49942e20b

Same topic, but pretty much opposite views - this site generally supports the view that Sterling is getting hounded by the tabloids but AA's site is going on about not being allowed to say "non-PC" things anymore. A reflection on the typical user of each board I wonder?

People use the term non PC to mean they can’t be racist or sexist anymore these days. When «*PC*» was first a thing the tabloid media put out a few load of bollocks stories about not being able to sing ba ba black ship or having to call it a chalk board and the people who read them have always used that as their defence.

But isn’t it better not being able to call people racist, homophobic or sexist things?

There are instances of it being a nuisance when it comes to comedy but still over all it’s been a positive.

So, I suppose back in the day when we groaned and moaned at Dean Gordon being taken apart by Scott Murray, we were all just being racist? When we shouted "You Jack bastard!" at former Swans keeper Willy Guéret when he turned out against us for MK Dons, we were all being racist? When we didn't give Hasselbaink a 2nd contract even though he claimed (if I remember rightly) that he was contractually entitled to one....yup, you guessed it....WE WERE BEING RACIST?

Yes those players didn't have as much negative press, but so f*****g what? If Wright, who I like as a pundit but he's let himself down badly here, had never raised this fatuous point then none of you would've even considered it. Did Wright himself, or Des Walker, or Paul Ince get the same mistreament by the media? Are the press now more racist than they were 20 years ago? If so, how did that happen?

If you get a raging hard-on over identity politics then whatever floats your boat, but you're opinion is still more than likely to be unequivocally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    So, I suppose back in the day when we groaned and moaned at Dean Gordon being taken apart by Scott Murray, we were all just being racist? When we shouted "You Jack bastard!" at former Swans keeper Willy Guéret when he turned out against us for MK Dons, we were all being racist? When we didn't give Hasselbaink a 2nd contract even though he claimed (if I remember rightly) that he was contractually entitled to one....yup, you guessed it....WE WERE BEING RACIST?

Yes those players didn't have as much negative press, but so f*****g what? If Wright, who I like as a pundit but he's let himself down badly here, had never raised this fatuous point then none of you would've even considered it. Did Wright himself, or Des Walker, or Paul Ince get the same mistreament by the media? Are the press now more racist than they were 20 years ago? If so, how did that happen?

If you get a raging hard-on over identity politics then whatever floats your boat, but you're opinion is still more than likely to be unequivocally wrong.
    It sounds like you haven't read one bit of this thread, well done for addressing none of the points discussed.

Not once has someone said you aren't allowed to have a negative opinion of someone because they are a different race to you.

I think Sol Campbell is a complete arse hole, that isn't racist because he is a complete arse hole.

But what we are saying is the constant abuse Sterling receives in the media is unlike anything any other player is at the moment. And that is because he is a young, rich, black immigrant. Journalists have basically confirmed as much.

Why doesn't John Stones get the same treatment in the press, there hasn't been one front page story criticising him for driving a fast car or buying his parents a house.

But he "****ed over" Barnsley by going to Everton, he then went on strike at Everton to "**** them over" to get a transfer to Man City. He has admitted to cheating on his long term girlfriend and even got a tattoo of her to make up for it.

Yet I've never seen him on the front page of the sun for shopping in a pound shop or for choosing to fly with a certain airline.

If you "hate" Raheem Sterling but don't have the same opinion of John Stones maybe you should ask yourself why.

Perhaps this is why the sun are constantly having a go at Stirling, because they desperately need more circulation in Liverpool and what better way to ingratiate yourself with the bindippers is to write a negative story about Raheem (top of the league) Stirling

Perhaps this is why the sun are constantly having a go at Stirling, because they desperately need more circulation in Liverpool and what better way to ingratiate yourself with the bindippers is to write a negative story about Raheem (top of the league) Stirling
    Wait so you believe that but not that it could be because he’s a black immigrant?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Wait so you believe that but not that it could be because he’s a black immigrant?
    He used the word ‘perhaps’. He didn’t mention what he believed.

His point is plausible based on my opinion of The Sun, but yours is more plausible

Heisenberg

Yeah, that's probably it.

What about The Mail and The Star then? :Sherlock:

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why doesn't John Stones get the same treatment in the press, there hasn't been one front page story criticising him for driving a fast car or buying his parents a house.

But he "****ed over" Barnsley by going to Everton, he then went on strike at Everton to "**** them over" to get a transfer to Man City. He has admitted to cheating on his long term girlfriend and even got a tattoo of her to make up for it.

Yet I've never seen him on the front page of the sun for shopping in a pound shop or for choosing to fly with a certain airline.

If you "hate" Raheem Sterling but don't have the same opinion of John Stones maybe you should ask yourself why.
    Who on here has said they “hate” Sterling then?

Yeah, so let's have a quick check of this logic.

Liverpool fan, maybe was at Hillsborough, maybe wasn't, but has stopped buying the Sun after their scum reported that Liverpool fans were picking the pockets of dead people, were urinating on dead people, and were fighting ambulance drivers (not paramedics in those days).

Then, suddenly, The Sun starts attacking a former player who left under a cloud, and he starts getting it delivered to his door?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    So, I suppose back in the day when we groaned and moaned at Dean Gordon being taken apart by Scott Murray, we were all just being racist?
    No, because we also gave people like Pat Heard similar stick when he played left-back. And Platnauer. And Searle took so much stick, he gave us the Vs at The National Stadium when Barry beat Cardiff.

The fact that you think it's fair that Sterling, who's biggest "crime" is eating in Greggs and having a controversial tattoo be treated the same by the press as Gazza, who beat the living sh*t out of his wife, speaks volumes

The S*n could kiss the scousers' arse all day every day but still wouldn't ever change the hatred

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Sorry - just realised this had been posted earlier in the thread, but I only properly discovered The Players Tribune site today. This and lots of good first hand stuff on there

How can they call this racism

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45196259
    Because it's racism.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46498849

Good on him - shame it takes him to point it out though.

https://twitter.com/talksport/status...455282689?s=21

Kitson getting justifiably destroyed. Live by the sword, die by the sword my son.

Subliminal racist in my opinion