I had 5 As.
    ****ing post office.
    The letter was posted in 1968.
    Just arrived today

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: A/AS Level Results

BTEC results today

My boy got the grades he wanted and is off to uni.

so chuffed - he worked so hard for it.

Hope you all got what you wanted, and if you didn’t it honestly doesn’t matter! Life is full of so many directions 😄

I'm off to my first choice in September. Happy days.

Advice to Students..
    don’t do what I did and go to a uni to study a general subject just because all your friends are going to Uni and you don’t know what else to do.

Take 2 years out, Do a ski season in Europe or a summer season at camp America or both! travel on your own for a bit, Sign up for some agencies and try a few different temp roles too see what work you like and what u don’t. Earn some money pass your driving test if you haven’t already.

And keep in mind that everyone I know who went to college and did a trade is currently earning twice as much as everyone I know who went to university.

Feedback

go to university, take loads of drugs, shag lots of women, drink until you pass out.

trust me, this will be the last time you are truly happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    go to university, take loads of drugs, shag lots of women, drink until you pass out.

Kin hell Good thing I'm going back for another year

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Advice to Students..
    don’t do what I did and go to a uni to study a general subject just because all your friends are going to Uni and you don’t know what else to do.

Take 2 years out, Do a ski season in Europe or a summer season at camp America or both! travel on your own for a bit, Sign up for some agencies and try a few different temp roles too see what work you like and what u don’t. Earn some money pass your driving test if you haven’t already.

And keep in mind that everyone I know who went to college and did a trade is currently earning twice as much as everyone I know who went to university.
    THIS ^^^^ x 100

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post

Almost true, think the 5 years after uni was better, doing the same stuff, just better.....

Ps isn’t it almost impossible to fail these a levels now? You just get the marks as you go along and re sit each one if you don’t do well enough. I remember 100% exam on the day, no fluffy coursework

The students loans company win yet again with the latest A-level results. What a con!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Almost true, think the 5 years after uni was better, doing the same stuff, just better.....

Ps isn’t it almost impossible to fail these a levels now? You just get the marks as you go along and re sit each one if you don’t do well enough. I remember 100% exam on the day, no fluffy coursework
    Not really, the only people saying are newspapers pandering to their older audience. Coursework is hardly easy either, for example the history A-Level coursework this year where people tended to struggle far more than they did in the actual exams