+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neil Warnock interview with Sky

Re: Neil Warnock interview with Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    They spent 27.1m that summer! The previous summer, Championship QPR were seen as big spenders bringing in Taarabt from Spurs for a fee of £3m. He was sacked with the club in 17th spot having picked up 5 points out of the previous 11 games. The final straw being a 2-1 home defeat to Norwich.
    Why do you always chat absolute shit to support your point? You know facts are easily verified with google? You could make decent points wihtout pulling numbers out of your arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do you always chat absolute shit to support your point? You know facts are easily verified with google? You could make decent points wihtout pulling numbers out of your arse.
    I cocked it up - I saw there were three further transfers but didn't clock that they were in January - my mistake

However, still not convinced he had "0" support. No wins in 8 including two defeats to Norwich, a defeat to Sunderland and a home draw with Swansea. Results after he left speak for themselves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    In addition, Taarabt cost £1m, not the £3m Kris has stated. QPR were not seen as "big spenders" at all at that time.

If anyone has seen 'The Four Year Plan' documentary about QPR during the Briatore era, they will recognise the amazing job Warnock did there. It's one of the main reasons that I was delighted that we had appointed him as he turned an absolute circus of a club into a promoted club.
    £3m a year wages.

Heisenberg

£3m a year wages.
    That's not what you said and that can't possibly be true. You really think that he was on about £58k per week in the Championship in 2010?!

Are you sure you didn't just misread that Spurs paid £3m for Taarabt from Lens and are now trying to dig yourself out of that hole?

That's not what you said and that can't possibly be true. You really think that he was on about £58k per week in the Championship in 2010?!

Are you sure you didn't just misread that Spurs paid £3m for Taarabt from Lens and are now trying to dig yourself out of that hole?
    He was on £65k a week at QPR when playing under the "0 supported" Warnock at Loftus Road.

He was on £65k a week at QPR when playing under the "0 supported" Warnock at Loftus Road.
    🤣

Heisenberg

No he wasn't. He was given that new contract when Hughes was in charge https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18801010. Stop making shit up and accept that you've been wrong 3 or 4 times so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If we had spent 50 million we’d have a striker now with a good goalscoring record. We’d also have a bit left over for another midfielder, although give me a 20 million pound striker with a 15 goal plus record for three consecutive seasons from any top/second tier side in Europe and I’d be feeling a lot more positive. We’ll call it evens at 45. 45 million for a prem club is nothing. Stick in some relegation clauses and long with the tv rights this season and parachutes next we should be solid.

45 million is not stupid money. Spending 25 is a bit stupid in my opinion, relegation or not. Maybe Tan , a man of his honourable word, is still sticking to his “no red , no money” blackmail.... sorry pledge. Pledge.
    You talk absolute crap. We spent nearly £50m in 2013/2014 but look where that got us - relegated and nearly broke. You dont live inthe real world. You and BIS should get together about the non existant Tan conspiracy and gently sail off into the sunset together, to give us all a break from the incessant wingeing.

Are you writing teams off after one game?
    No - you are - us.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You talk absolute crap. We spent nearly £50m in 2013/2014 but look where that got us - relegated and nearly broke. You dont live inthe real world. You and BIS should get together about the non existant Tan conspiracy and gently sail off into the sunset together, to give us all a break from the incessant wingeing.
    Enjoy Newcastle tomorrow dude.

No he wasn't. He was given that new contract when Hughes was in charge https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18801010. Stop making shit up and accept that you've been wrong 3 or 4 times so far.
    I admitted I was wrong on the transfer spending. I am not wrong on the Taarabt wage whilst under Warnock, and I am also not wrong in that QPR won 0 from 8 before the "0 supported" Warnock got the long overdue boot.

Heisenberg

I admitted I was wrong on the transfer spending. I am not wrong on the Taarabt wage whilst under Warnock, and I am also not wrong in that QPR won 0 from 8 before the "0 supported" Warnock got the long overdue boot.
    You are though... why dispute it?

Leave it out hes seen his payslips.🤣🤣🤣

I'm not though. If I were I would concede the point, just as I had done earlier in the thread. The point here being that, semantics aside, Warnock was not "0 supported" whilst managing QPR in the Premier League. He was out of his depth, anyone who remembers watching his side get thrashed 6-0 at home by Fulham will remember QPR fans wanted him out for a longer period than the directors wanted him out.

Warnock has won 3 promotions from the Championship to the Premier League.

Sheff U - relegated. Wasn't Warnock's fault.
    QPR - sacked after 20 games. Wasn't his fault either - he blamed Social Networking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16634917

Note, in this article Warnock talks candidly about his sacking but at no stage does he complain about a lack of support from QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Leave it out hes seen his payslips.������
    Have I, or are you making it up?

Heisenberg

I'm not though. If I were I would concede the point, just as I had done earlier in the thread. The point here being that, semantics aside, Warnock was not "0 supported" whilst managing QPR in the Premier League. He was out of his depth, anyone who remembers watching his side get thrashed 6-0 at home by Fulham will remember QPR fans wanted him out for a longer period than the directors wanted him out.

Warnock has won 3 promotions from the Championship to the Premier League.

Sheff U - relegated. Wasn't Warnock's fault.
    QPR - sacked after 20 games. Wasn't his fault either - he blamed Social Networking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16634917

Note, in this article Warnock talks candidly about his sacking but at no stage does he complain about a lack of support from QPR.
    I couldn't give a shit, mate. You made up 3 separate facts about Warnock's time at QPR and that's all I'm disputing. If you'd just focussed on how shit he apparantly was and left his spending (or lack of) out of it, you'd be doing much better in getting your point accross.

Taarabt was not bought for £3m by QPR - that was how much Spurs paid for him.
    He wasn't on £3m p/a in the Championship/
    He wasn't on £65k p/w under Warnock - he was given a new contract under Hughes taking his wages up to... coincidentally... £65k p/w.

You know you're wrong. I know you're wrong. Anyone reading this knows you're wrong. So, that's good enough for me.

I couldn't give a shit, mate. You made up 3 separate facts about Warnock's time at QPR and that's all I'm disputing. If you'd just focussed on how shit he apparantly was and left his spending (or lack of) out of it, you'd be doing much better in getting your point accross.

He wasn't on £3m p/a in the Championship/
    He wasn't on £65k p/w under Warnock - he was given a new contract under Hughes taking his wages up to... coincidentally... £65k p/w.

You know you're wrong. I know you're wrong. Anyone reading this knows you're wrong. So, that's good enough for me.
    You couldn't give a shit, yet here you are at midnight on a Friday still talking about it.

I don't currently know I am wrong on any of this - I distinctly remember QPR paying £3m for Taarabt because this board was up in arms about the fee. They were also querying how QPR could afford it. They were the reported fees at the time, and Spurs were asking for £4.5m for him just before his second loan spell at Rangers 12 months earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Big words shout-em-down.

I doubt any team has stayed up by spending 25 million. I want us to stay up.

If in any other walk of life someone treated you as Tan did a couple of years back you’d put that guy firmly in the “steer clear” column. I’m aware he calls the shots but I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him. That is real world reaction to people who behave like a tit.

If you choose to wipe that from your memory then good for you. Your being unreasonable though if you expect everyone else not to utter a single bad word against the guy.

My opinion is that the club is being overly cautious. With a minimum 65 million in parachutes, I think it’d be well worth forking out another 20m to make the team competitive and potentially get another 100+ million in tv rights next season.

Remember that there is also no guarantee that we’ll come straight back up. My opinion is that we should be pushing a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Big words shout-em-down.

I doubt any team has stayed up by spending 25 million. I want us to stay up.

If in any other walk of life someone treated you as Tan did a couple of years back you’d put that guy firmly in the “steer clear” column. I’m aware he calls the shots but I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him. That is real world reaction to people who behave like a tit.

If you choose to wipe that from your memory then good for you. Your being unreasonable though if you expect everyone else not to utter a single bad word against the guy.

My opinion is that the club is being overly cautious. With a minimum 65 million in parachutes, I think it’d be well worth forking out another 20m to make the team competitive and potentially get another 100+ million in tv rights next season.

Remember that there is also no guarantee that we’ll come straight back up. My opinion is that we should be pushing a little bit more.
    Very few peoole gave Warnock a dog's chance of promotion last season, but we got it... automatically!

Why the hell do "fans" like you come on here and spout this negative shite which is invariably direct spin from the Sky sports or talk shite "experts"?

Yes, we know we are up against it and the chances are, you and Shirt/Kris will be proved right on many occasions.

Fact us the majority of us don't care what you think or whether you will be proved right or wrong.
    We just want to support our club.

You are no better, in fact you are so much worse, than the farmer across the bridge and the deluded Yorkshireman who both post on here.
    At least with the said two, we know where they stand. It is rivalry. Two reps from opposing sets of fans trading insults.

You are like a pair of spies in the camp, trying to infect people with propaganda in an attempt to destabilise.

You ain't fooling anyone you know.
    You ain't City fans.

Heisenberg

You couldn't give a shit, yet here you are at midnight on a Friday still talking about it.

I don't currently know I am wrong on any of this - I distinctly remember QPR paying £3m for Taarabt because this board was up in arms about the fee. They were also querying how QPR could afford it. They were the reported fees at the time, and Spurs were asking for £4.5m for him just before his second loan spell at Rangers 12 months earlier.
    I was saying that I couldn't give a shit about what you were saying about Warnock... I was only interested in making sure that posters didn't take your "facts" at face value as they were complete and utter bullshit.

I'll repeat it again:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...-qpr-tottenham

He wasn't on £3m p/a in the Championship.

Just do some better research next time and we won't have to have this song and dance.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Very few peoole gave Warnock a dog's chance of promotion last season, but we got it... automatically!

Why the hell do "fans" like you come on here and spout this negative shite which is invariably direct spin from the Sky sports or talk shite "experts"?

Yes, we know we are up against it and the chances are, you and Shirt/Kris will be proved right on many occasions.

Fact us the majority of us don't care what you think or whether you will be proved right or wrong.
    We just want to support our club.

You are no better, in fact you are so much worse, than the farmer across the bridge and the deluded Yorkshireman who both post on here.
    At least with the said two, we know where they stand. It is rivalry. Two reps from opposing sets of fans trading insults.

You are like a pair of spies in the camp, trying to infect people with propaganda in an attempt to destabilise.

You ain't fooling anyone you know.
    You ain't City fans.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/dicti.../english/forum

You and dml are hard work fair play.

How do we all feel now? It was a deserved point, and we could have got more, against a side that finished 10th(?) last year and coached by a well respected manager. Performance was 10x better than last week so players reacting to the step up.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How do we all feel now? It was a deserved point, and we could have got more, against a side that finished 10th(?) last year and coached by a well respected manager. Performance was 10x better than last week so players reacting to the step up.
    TBH a lot happier, but still a bit concerned at our lack of quality going forward and a bit disappointed we didn’t gamble a bit when they went down to 10. We had 5 men in our own half watching one Newcastle player at times.

I also think, although they finished 10th last year Newcastle will be a bottom 6 side.

On the other hand we’ve got nothing to fear from anyone except the top 6 and I truly believe we’ve got half a chance of staying up IF the 3 midfielders today can stay fit

As for the rubbish about Warnock above, it’s worth having a read of his book to see the mess he had to deal with at QPR. He certainly had massive issues to deal with there and wasn’t given a fair chance.

By the way, it’s a fabulous read, even for a non City fan as he’s a very entertaining character and gives a lot of insight into things involved with managing a club that most of us have no idea of