+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zohore

Re: Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by bridgendbluebird1927 View Post
    Thought he did a decent job today. Heading is not his strongest point however he held the ball up reasonably well & didn’t stop running. Would get more out of Zohore than Madine. Just give him a run of games & a goal will work wonders!
    Tend to agree with this, someone said above that we shouldn't write him off, I don't think anyone is. I outlined my thoughts on him above. He just isn't a box player, i'm not sure what he is, we've never seen him in tandem with another player, Hoilett is the closest we've got, he's not great with his back to goal either, although he does well to get his fair share of fouls and does pretty well in conning the ref by backing into a defender, almost forcing the contact. He doesn't score those strikers goals, most of his goals are well worked or half chances. I'd like to see someone operate closer to him, a player with aggression and the ability to break the lines. I wouldn't describe Arter as that kind of player, although he is probably as close as we're going to get. Maybe they can get something going. Thing is with Ken is that he sometimes wants the ball to drop right for him, he's got to start getting goals when possession isn't in his favour, almost force them in! I like him, I just wish he would be a bit more assertive inside the box and not wait for the perfect pass.

I was happy when I saw that he was starting today and out of all of our attacking options I still think he gives us the best chance to win.

He's not good enough

I was saying this last season, I like him but I just don't think he's a natural striker, he strikes me as a scorer of great goals, but not a great scorer of goals.

He is a better all round player than both Ward & Madine, although I feel they may be more suited to sides where chances don't come along very often than Ken is

Zohore was pretty useless today and against 10 men we were toothless. Yes we passed the ball around but who is going to put their laces through the ball and score?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Zohore was pretty useless today and against 10 men we were toothless. Yes we passed the ball around but who is going to put their laces through the ball and score?
    ...and that is the question we need to answer. I think we looked more like a 'normal' side today in terms of passing and build-up but it seems to have come at the expense of penetration and shots on target. It'll be interesting to see how NW addresses the need for directness vs control and possession.

It seems Zohore is still a bit unfit based on NW post-match comments, but he needs to back himself and take some shots. There were a number of incidents today where he should have done better and been more direct but the fact they existed at all means there is hope he can improve

Most of the best forwards have an air of arrogance; nastiness or self belief.

Ken looks like a lovely kid but lacks something to make it at the top level, including goal scoring ability. If he scores 8 league goals this year I'll be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Most of the best forwards have an air of arrogance; nastiness or self belief.

Ken looks like a lovely kid but lacks something to make it at the top level, including goal scoring ability. If he scores 8 league goals this year I'll be surprised.
    I think this is what Ken is missing. I don't think he quite believes himself that he is capable of beating the players he is up against. This is a shame as he clearly has all the attributes needed to succeed. Someone said in another thread that he needs to be kicked before he'll really start to put himself about. Somehow he needs to get that mindset the moment the whistle goes to start the match...

Looked like a lost child. Give him a few games and let see if he can step up 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    ...and that is the question we need to answer. I think we looked more like a 'normal' side today in terms of passing and build-up but it seems to have come at the expense of penetration and shots on target. It'll be interesting to see how NW addresses the need for directness vs control and possession.

It seems Zohore is still a bit unfit based on NW post-match comments, but he needs to back himself and take some shots. There were a number of incidents today where he should have done better and been more direct but the fact they existed at all means there is hope he can improve
    I thought Zohore was poor with some headed opportunities which came his way, but I don't think he was the main problem or that we were ineffective when it came to getting efforts on target because we weren't quite as direct as we normally are - for me, our failure to score had most to do with our wide players, and Ralls (who was otherwise good), not being up to Premier League standard with their crossing and dead ball delivery.

Our worst player today comfortably. I'm confident that a front 3 of Murphy/Reid/Hoilett would do far more damage with todays midfield behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought Zohore was poor with some headed opportunities which came his way, but I don't think he was the main problem or that we were ineffective when it came to getting efforts on target because we weren't quite as direct as we normally are - for me, our failure to score had most to do with our wide players, and Ralls (who was otherwise good), not being up to Premier League standard with their crossing and dead ball delivery.
    Agree - our final delivery from the wings were shite ....... if I can recall Harry was the only player to actually have a shot in the 2nd half.