+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore

Zohore

After starting without a ‘target man’ against Bournemouth and having problems holding the ball up I was hoping that Zohore would be back starting tomorrow against Newcastle.

After NW’s press conference today it looks like Ken may well be starting on the bench which would be a bit of a blow. That being the case will he put, Madine up front, trial Murphy in that position or stick with Reid? It’s one of those ‘ winnable games’ where we could do with our best 11 on the pitch.

Re: Zohore

Hopefully it's mind games and he starts.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Hopefully it's mind games and he starts.
    I hope that you are right as ‘winnable games’ seem few and far between in the Premiership. Need to make the most of our home games. Hopefully Zohore will start and will be eager to impress.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by bridgendbluebird1927 View Post
    After starting without a ‘target man’ against Bournemouth and having problems holding the ball up I was hoping that Zohore would be back starting tomorrow against Newcastle.

After NW’s press conference today it looks like Ken may well be starting on the bench which would be a bit of a blow. That being the case will he put, Madine up front, trial Murphy in that position or stick with Reid? It’s one of those ‘ winnable games’ where we could do with our best 11 on the pitch.
    Ward came on before Madine last weekend, so I assume he's above him in the pecking order.

Said it a couple times now, roll with the same 3 as last week. Only had one natural ball player in midfield last week, we could have three tomorrow, and that for me will make a hell of a difference.

Hole he's back soon, we make so many more chances with him in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hole he's back soon, we make so many more chances with him in the side.
    Freudian slip?

If there's no Zohole then our arse is screwed.

Murphy for NML is the only attacking change I'd make, the fowards were let down by the midfield against Bournemouth

Talking of winnable games, we’ll probably need eleven or twelve of those at home. Who’s on the list ?

Newcastle
    Brighton
    Huddersfield
    Fulham
    Palace
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    West Ham
    Wolves
    Leicester
    Southampton

That’s a huge ask. I reckon we’ll get something like 18 draws, 3 wins and the rest lose.

Such a tough league this year especially.

Harry Arter and Zohore will probably be our most important players.

Very disappointing today ...... hopefully just a bad day at the office

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Very disappointing today ...... hopefully just a bad day at the office
    Terrible touch today, would madine have caused more problems or just bobby up front? Love the pace we have on the wings, needs a final product though.

Sometimes I would love someone to shake some life into Zahore. Has all the attributes to play at PL level, apart from heading maybe, but there are times when he looks like he goes about things half arsed.

Hopefully it was just one of those days.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Terrible touch today, would madine have caused more problems or just bobby up front? Love the pace we have on the wings, needs a final product though.
    He looked a bit ponderous in possession, don't know if he's carrying a knock, just getting used to the pace of things or just being Ken, he does like to slow the game down. His heading is woeful, he just cant compose himself enough to do it, and he can't leap, he doesn't have that natural spring in his legs. Maybe that's to do with his frame and size, it don't think that he can help it. I like Ken, I think that we play better when he's in the team, although he needs to show more urgency at times, he's one of those players who likes to take a touch and the get his head up, that's fine if you're playing in a team with players who are always on hand to give you an option, although that just isn't the case on times. He needs to play a bit quicker, get pictures in his mind of what he wants to do when the ball comes to him. I also think that he conserves his energy a bit too much, i'd rather see him blowing out of his arse after 70 minutes-give that little bit more. Madine is better in the air and may be an option, there's an argument he may have scored one of the chances Zohore had today. For me. Ken is a better footballer, and in his defence, put himself in two or three very good positions today, he just needs to become a little sharper and braver in my opinion.

He didn't look fit to me. If he can avoid injury and get a run of games we'll see better.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    He didn't look fit to me. If he can avoid injury and get a run of games we'll see better.
    I think the same and Warnock hinted as much after the match.

Other than his headers I thought he did alright.

Think last week showed we need a presence upfront, and he certainly held the ball up at times and won some key free kicks to relieve some pressure.

Looks to not quite have match sharpness yet and he did miss about half of pre season.

I'd stick with him . I think he does gives us a presence uptop which maybe Reid can't do.

I thought Ken did ok. He worked hard and I thought Lascelles struggled to cope with him. His big weakness is his heading though.

Zohore was ok today. He didn't look out of place. But he also didn't look like scoring at all.

He's simply not good enough for us, we need someone who's going to get 10-15 goals

He will struggle to get 5.

Zohore isn't great at finishing, but he does always get and make chances. With a run of games and when his confidence is high they will start going in. He's always been a streaky kind of player so let's not write him off after one game back from injury without a proper pre season

NW has put a lot of faith in Zohore. I've no idea whether he tried to bring in a striker over the summer, but he is now our main man up front in the Premier League. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him scoring too many this season. I though he did ok today in the sense of shielding the ball and winning free kicks, but he's not the lethal striker that most PL teams have (saying that, neither was Joselu, who was awful, no idea why they didn't bring on Rondon).

Give Madine a run of games to see what he brings to the table early in the season rather than wait until were up against it, I'm sure he couldn't have offered us any less than what Ken did today

Thought he did a decent job today. Heading is not his strongest point however he held the ball up reasonably well & didn’t stop running. Would get more out of Zohore than Madine. Just give him a run of games & a goal will work wonders!