+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 NEWCASTLE UNITED. Match thread

CARDIFF CITY v NEWCASTLE UNITED. Pre match thread

Let the build up commence.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v NEWCASTLE UNITED. Pre match thread

Will it be an absolutely buzzing CCS or a slightly nervous worried CCS?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I think the latter due to an early kick off. An early goal will soon get us going though.

Nothing to be nervous or worried about this season, everyone is going to beat us according to such giants of the game as Chris Sutton. Knobs like him have in a way put the pressure on every side we play in a sort of ‘What!!!! You drew/got beat by Cardiff, how shit must you be????’. Let the fun commence, two up and singing ‘We’re shit & we know we are’, bring it on I say!!

We've waited an awful long time for this. I've sat through the playoffs, the world cup and pre season, but now it feels like our season is properly starting. Let's get Arter and Zohore (if fit) in there and maybe Murphy if Our Neil decides and we'll be a lot tougher to play against.
    I think we'll go with this:
    Etheridge
    Peltier
    Bennett
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Ralls
    Arter
    Paterson
    Murphy
    Hoilett
    Zohore

Anyone know how likely Zohore is to be fit? Pondering whether to include him in my fantasy first team lineup for this week....

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Anyone know how likely Zohore is to be fit? Pondering whether to include him in my fantasy first team lineup for this week....
    Even if Zohore is fit there is a chance he will not start.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Even if Zohore is fit there is a chance he will not start.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. I let my heart make my selection instead of my head.

Cheers anyway though.

I hope NW goes with:
    Etheridge
    Richards
    Morrison
    Manga/Bamba
    Bennett

Arter
    Casamara
    Ralls

Hoilett
    Zohore
    Murphy

I guess that he will have Casamara on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgendbluebird1927 View Post
    I hope NW goes with:
    Etheridge
    Richards
    Morrison
    Manga/Bamba
    Bennett

Arter
    Reid
    Ralls

Hoilett
    Zohore
    Murphy

Reid Just behind Zohore & Casamara to come off the bench.

Match not sold out yet but a quick check on eticketing suggests around 100 only left, unless club releases more tomorrow.
    Not sure whether to be disappointed or pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Match not sold out yet but a quick check on eticketing suggests around 100 only left, unless club releases more tomorrow.
    Not sure whether to be disappointed or pleased.
    33k for a half 12 in the middle of the summer holidays, against one of the teams out of the big 6 + Everton, is a good turn out in my opinion. I'll assume Newcastle have sold their allocation out ? Disgusting sky have put this game on as a half 12 kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgendbluebird1927 View Post
    I hope NW goes with:
    Etheridge
    Richards
    Morrison
    Manga/Bamba
    Bennett

Arter
    Casamara
    Ralls

Hoilett
    Zohore
    Murphy

This but without Zohore, roll with the same front 3 as last week. Think with ball players in midfield we could do damage with the front 3 we had last week. The speed on the break could be savage if we play it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    33k for a half 12 in the middle of the summer holidays, against one of the teams out of the big 6 + Everton, is a good turn out in my opinion. I'll assume Newcastle have sold their allocation out ? Disgusting sky have put this game on as a half 12 kick off.
    You say that but the club gets over £1m for being on tv. Surely we'd want to be on as much as possible.

It will be an excellent crowd and I hope we win to keep them coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    You say that but the club gets over £1m for being on tv. Surely we'd want to be on as much as possible.

It will be an excellent crowd and I hope we win to keep them coming back.
    Should've mate that a bit more clear, disgusting that Newcastle fans have been made to make such a long journey so early, for no other reason than sky say so. Who the **** wants to watch Cardiff v Newcastle anyway (apart from us and them)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    He’s training fully today and we’ll make an assessment this afternoon. I hope he can be on the bench and then we’ll see if there’s a reaction in the morning.

Warnock on Kenneth Zohore

Alright, that's me taking him out of my fantasy starting XI.

He’s training fully today and we’ll make an assessment this afternoon. I hope he can be on the bench and then we’ll see if there’s a reaction in the morning.

Also sounds as if Camarasa is not up to speed yet. Be interesting to see if he makes the bench but suggest Arter, Ralls and Paterson are likely to start in midfield

If Zohore doesn't start, I hope Madine does. We need to find out whether he has what it takes now - and he's taken a squad place which we could have used for Pilkington if we just wanted an occasional striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Should've mate that a bit more clear, disgusting that Newcastle fans have been made to make such a long journey so early, for no other reason than sky say so. Who the **** wants to watch Cardiff v Newcastle anyway (apart from us and them)
    Same time kick-off as Sunderland at home in January. Travelling fans are just not on the radar.

WalesOnline have since changed what he said to this:

We’ll make an assessment this afternoon or in the momring. I hope he'll definitely be on the bench and we'll see if he can start."

Not quite the same really is it!

I'll be happy as long as Reid is playing behind Zohore/Ward/Madine. He's wasted as a lone striker. I'll also be happy if we win.

I see we've lost our last 10 league games to Newcastle dating back to a 4-0 defeat at home in 1981, that's a hell of a run without even picking up a point against them.

Cardiff City v Newcastle United
    Cardiff City Stadium
    Saturday 18th August 2018, ko 12:30pm.

Early team news:

New signing Harry Arter is expected to make his Cardiff bow after being ineligible for last weekend's opener against his parent club, Bournemouth.

Kenneth Zohore (groin) faces a late fitness test after missing the 2-0 defeat but Aron Gunnarsson (knee) is a definite absentee.

Newcastle could hand full debuts to a host of their summer signings in south Wales.

Forwards Salomon Rondon and Yoshinori Muto came off the bench in defeat to Tottenham, while fellow new recruits Fabian Schar, Ki Sung-yueng and Federico Fernandez are all yet to feature.

DeAndre Yedlin will miss out after suffering a minor knee injury against former club Spurs, with Florian Lejeune's knee surgery keeping him sidelined for much longer.

C:WindowsTempphpD310.tmp

The Managers:

Neil Warnock:

"It’s an exciting time for everyone at the club, it’s going to be a cracking crowd, nearly a full house and it’s what we’ve been striving for. When I came to the club, they’d thought I was in cloud cuckoo land if I’d said we’d be playing in front of a full house in the Premier League. But it's a great feeling.

"Newcastle are a good club to be playing, they’ve got some good players and always have a great following. I remember when they played us at the end of the season they got promotion and they had fabulous support. Rafa’s done a good job and it promises to be a good atmosphere all round."

Rafa Benitez:

"Cardiff are very strong physically, it will be a tough atmosphere, & we have to be both physical & try to play good football to beat them"

Match Stats:

• Cardiff City have lost each of their last 10 league meetings with Newcastle, their longest ever losing run against a single opponent in league history.

• Newcastle's current run of 10 successive league wins against Cardiff is their longest winning run against a single opponent in league history.

• Cardiff's last league victory against Newcastle was back in February 1981 in the old second division, winning 1-0 thanks to a Peter Kitchen strike. However, they have beaten Newcastle as recently as 2014, winning 2-1 at St James' Park in an FA Cup match.

• Cardiff have won eight of their 10 home league games so far in 2018 (D1 L1), though these were all in the Championship last season.

• Newcastle have lost their last three away league games - they've never lost four in a row on the road under current manager Rafael Benitez.

• In all competitions, Cardiff manager Neil Warnock is winless in his last nine matches against Newcastle (W0 D2 L7), since a 1-0 win as Sheffield United boss in November 2006.

• Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez has never lost against Neil Warnock in five previous meetings in all competitions, winning each of the last four in a row since 1-1 draw between Sheffield United and Liverpool on the opening day of the 2006-07 Premier League season.

The Officials:

Referee: Craig Pawson
    Assistants: Eddie Smart, Andy Garratt
    Fourth official: Lee Probert

Other banners show Joe Ralls, Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy. Also a big Neil Etheridge Philippines banner as well

junior_banner.jpg