+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 NEWCASTLE UNITED. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 NEWCASTLE UNITED. Post match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    NML too predictable
    Victor not starting 11 material when Gunnar fit.
    Zohore, what’s happened to him?
    Good fight, crap game.
    Newcastle are just as crap.
    Camasara was one of our best players

WJ99mobile - What a load of rubbish - moaning just for moanings sake. The whole team played well and NMLwas only on the pitch for 12 minutes,so how can you judge that ?. Camarasa was one of our best players as well. Did you see the game or did you write your post before it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Victor not starting 11 material when Gunnar fit.
    WTF was you watching?

If we had a goal scorer I think we would've won comfortably, them going down to ten men had a more negative effect on us than them and we totally lost our shape when Murphy and Victor went off

Remember when we valued Zohore at 20 mil? I'm still a fan and think he'll start banging them in soon enough.

Camarasa and Arter were brilliant as was Hoilett and Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If we had a goal scorer I think we would've won comfortably, them going down to ten men had a more negative effect on us than them and we totally lost our shape when Murphy and Victor went off
    I wonder if people realise we actually had 51% of the possession today, with 12 attempts at goal but only one on target, Ken looked way off in front of goal today. Murphy easily star man with that pace and footwork resulting in Newcastle taking the booked fullback off at half time. Arter was strong and not too wasteful. Camarasa had a good debut and holds the ball well. I thought it was a good effort today and Neil saved us from an unjust smash and grab. Well done City.

I thought we played well. Lots of tentative play in the final third though.

Seeing some very different opinions on Hoilett. Thought he was poor first half but much better after the break.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Victor not starting 11 material?
    Camarasa and Murphy were our best players, it all went to pot after they both went off. Camarasa, Arter and Ralls complement each other in midfield. The problem is up front, particularly in the central area. Our build-up play was superb.

Victor not starting 11 material?
    Did you bang your head ? .

Seeing some very different opinions on Hoilett. Thought he was poor first half but much better after the break.
    Hoilett is more effective on the left, when he can go outside, or cut inside and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hoilett is more effective on the left, when he can go outside, or cut inside and shoot.
    Yeh I think you're spot on.

I will happily admit I’m wrong in hindsight. I saw arter doing most of the leg work for him.

I really was impressed by arter and Murphy

Arter did most of the leg work for everyone. Beast.

Arter did most of the leg work for everyone. Beast.
    He played some good passes too.

Arter was the embodiment of our team spirit today. What an addition. Nice to see someone with such passion wearing the number 7 shirt. Camarasa will grow into our team and become a very good player for us.

Well happy with the way we played today - Big Ken was a complete let down, but hopefully he'll get that goal ASAP to sort his nerves ...... Arter was my MOTM the man is like the energiser bunny ...... didn't stop running all afternoon.

Just wished we'd have signed a premier league striker in the window .......... anyone out there without a club?

Arter, Camarasa and Murphy allowed us to compete today. Just hope Ken’s injury, Prem debut and new baby were the reason for his sluggish play today. We’re in trouble if he can’t raise his game from todays performance

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I wonder if people realise we actually had 51% of the possession today, with 12 attempts at goal but only one on target, Ken looked way off in front of goal today. Murphy easily star man with that pace and footwork resulting in Newcastle taking the booked fullback off at half time. Arter was strong and not too wasteful. Camarasa had a good debut and holds the ball well. I thought it was a good effort today and Neil saved us from an unjust smash and grab. Well done City.
    We were well worth the point today against an experienced and well coached team. If we have as steep an improvement curve from this to week to next then we'll be very competitive against Huddersfield and well placed for the rest of the year.

NML made two poor decisions on the pitch but his physicallity and his pace means he'll have a big role to play.
    Patterson playing the Peter Crouch role of coming on towards the end and boosting our threat going forward.
    Manga may not be a RB but he didn't disgrace himself at all today.
    We're 10x better with Zohore to play off and please remember this was his first game after an injury.

Happy with our midfield and much of our defence. Quicker thinking (when players gel?) in attack and improved set-pieces my requests for next week.

Frustrating we didn’t put the pressure on once they went down to 10 men (they should have been down to 8). Had we had the possession we had earlier in the game, would have fancied Reid to fashion chances, but we couldn’t get him on the ball. Shame we took Murphy off as he was quality again.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Arter, Camarasa and Murphy allowed us to compete today. Just hope Ken’s injury, Prem debut and new baby were the reason for his sluggish play today. We’re in trouble if he can’t raise his game from todays performance
    Agree with all this and although Ken was poor in front of goal today, he held it up well.

Etheridge looks assured, point blank saves 1st half and a point winning save makes him my MOM though, Murphy and Arter ran him close.

Plenty to work on, including our dead ball situations but plenty to be encouraged about.

Was refreshing to see a player like Arter play like that he was everywhere , so glad we got him and not Grujic ,he’s our type of player and is what we’ve been missing and along with Camarasa bodes well for our midfield this. Season ,
    Now only we need is a goal scorer
    I felt the same as most regarding Zohore , I said to my mate well get the best out of him if someone goes through him as it will put a bit of fire in his belly as he needs a kick up the arse to get him going

First promoted side to keep a clean sheet.

Reasonably pleased though Newcastle will be down there and we will need to start winning these types of games soon. Highlights were the new guys. All good additions. Downside was Hoilett. Did nothing for the second time this season. I'm hoping something is wrong with him otherwise he is nowhere near good enough for the premier league.