+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loads of empty seats today!!!

Loads of empty seats today!!!

How come????

Re: Loads of empty seats today!!!

I know.. right? Would have tried to get ticket if knew it would be that easy

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Centre of ninian looks half empty.

Embarrassing for the club. I wonder why they won’t allow season ticket holders to inform them they won’t be there so they can re sell the ticket on anymore?

I'm a season ticket holder of three.
    But in Spain at the moment

Why is it that some people continually have a downer on attendances. Not all season ticket holders can attend every match, especially during August holiday time but most wouldnt want to sell their seat or give it to someone else anyway. I was in the ninian and it was pretty full, as was most of the ground and it was definitely over 30000 today - which is excellent. It was also on tv of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why is it that some people continually have a downer on attendances. Not all season ticket holders can attend every match, especially during August holiday time but most wouldnt want to sell their seat or give it to someone else anyway. I was in the ninian and it was pretty full, as was most of the ground and it was definitely over 30000 today - which is excellent. It was also on tv of course.
    And why aren’t they allowed to discuss these things? That’s the whole point of this messageboard.

Families on holiday will explain quite a few of them

Att: 30,720

My mate s on holidays and normally we'd use the extra ticket. But as the STs were only sent out last week it's sat under the letter box waiting for him on his return and we couldn't get hold of it. I reckon that's happened a fair few times today throughout the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Spot on. 30,720 in a 33k stadium is an excellent attendance considering it was on TV. Quite a few of those seats were in the hospitality area where the prices are obviously a lot dearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Centre of ninian looks half empty.

Embarrassing for the club. I wonder why they won’t allow season ticket holders to inform them they won’t be there so they can re sell the ticket on anymore?
    Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Why didn’t you. It has been in the media this week that tickets were still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Embarrassing
    Why would they when tickets were already available?
    School hoidays, on Sky etc

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    And why aren’t they allowed to discuss these things? That’s the whole point of this messageboard.
    He didn't say people can't discuss these things, he makes some fair points

I agree with him, we played well, looked promising, kept a clean sheet and generated a pretty good atmoshpere for a 12:30 kickoff and now people want to whinge about attendances

There werent loads of empty seats.

Plus why are City fans not attending commenting. Buy a feckin ticket.

30700. FFS great crowd.

Holidays, early KO, SKY, plus there's always a few hundred under the stands watching on the monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There werent loads of empty seats.

Plus why are City fans not attending commenting. Buy a feckin ticket.

30700. FFS great crowd.
    I agree, it looked and felt pretty full. The biggest chunk of empty seats was in the away end, which is understandable when you consider the majority of Newcastle fans left home at 3am to get to the game. Bloody Sky.

Shocked when I got home to how many seats were empty, if you cant make it give them to somebody else, if your a fan surely you know somebody who will have your ticket.

Sky mentioned pre game that we hadn't beaten Newcastle in our last 10 games and the last time we did beat them the attendance was 4,000! And here we are complaining about 30,000!

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    How come????
    No cheap tickets today?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I am discussing it - you aren't. You are just trolling my posts as usual. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    No cheap tickets today?
    :nowt new there then :

some will have gone to asda and forgot it was an early kick off , the excuses will always come thick and fast .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Why would they when tickets were already available?
    School hoidays, on Sky etc
    I was taking the proverbial of the stupid comment. Making out a crown I’d 30,700 is embarrassing, is embarrassing

How many Newcastle were there? Awful kick-off time for them. 2000 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I was taking the proverbial of the stupid comment. Making out a crown I’d 30,700 is embarrassing, is embarrassing
    it was your first home game back in the premier league in years , it should have been packed to the rafters , regardless of it been televised ,

you might as well given the newcastle fans the ground and stuck the cardiff fans in the away end .