+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loads of empty seats today!!!

Re: Loads of empty seats today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was also surprised at the number of empty seats in the ground - especially in the Ninian Stand. Initially, I thought it was a maybe a traffic issue given the early kick-off time, but it soon became apparent that wasn't the case. No doubt holidays were a factor, but it was a puzzle all the same as most of the empty seats must belong to season tickets holders I'd guess.

After the game, I was talking to a mate who was sat in the upper tier of the Ninian Stand. He reckoned he paid £42 for his ticket. Is that right? Seems steep to me, I was under the impression that tickets were a good bit cheaper than that.
    Dont know what you were watching but I was there and it looked pretty full to me and on match of the day, the camera got a wide angle of the ninian, upper ninian and canton end at a Newcastle corner and they were full. Perhaps you looked just before half time or at the end of the game when quite a few people had already left their seats ?. The only sparse areas were the two ends of the upper grandstand corporate and in the away end buffer zone where a whole block was empty.

Yeah its 42 quid in tbe middle Ninian.

The Ninian looked pretty full to me apart from 10 mins before and after half time due to the bar exodus.

Not a lot can be done anyway. All seats are sold.

I didnt sit in my seat yesterday. Sat in a seat where another ST holder was on holiday.

One thing this - and the fact we’ve not sold out our season tickets- should put to bed is talk of expanding our ground.

Certainly until we can fill it for most of our Premiership games

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont know what you were watching but I was there and it looked pretty full to me and on match of the day, the camera got a wide angle of the ninian, upper ninian and canton end at a Newcastle corner and they were full. Perhaps you looked just before half time or at the end of the game when quite a few people had already left their seats ?. The only sparse areas were the two ends of the upper grandstand corporate and in the away end buffer zone where a whole block was empty.
    I watched the whole game live on Sky. The number of empty seats dotted around the Ninian Stand and the Family Stand was noticeable. Several people who weren't at the game commented on the number of empty seats on here during the game. None of us are making it up.

Tickets available in the lower Grandstand for Arsenal are going to set you back 42 quid as well.

Some cheaper ones at 35 37.

Families wont be buying these thats for sure.

I take it back. Watching recording on MOTD. Plenty of empty seats in NS and FS. Both these stands are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Chris the Leeds fan joins in and so the thread becomes the normal defence of the club against his "banter", but I was surprised, and a little disappointed, at the number of empty seats in the ground. Too early to draw definite conclusions yet, but my guesses are that we have quite a few season ticket holders who were either on holiday, stayed away to watch it on the telly or are only interested in actually attending when one of the top six sides come to Cardiff City Stadium.
    He needs to be banned turns every single thread into a thread about Leeds being big. It’s like having a 12 year old around. The worse thing is he’s welsh and doesn’t even go to Elland road ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He needs to be banned turns every single thread into a thread about Leeds being big. It’s like having a 12 year old around. The worse thing is he’s welsh and doesn’t even go to Elland road ffs.
    Remember during his 12 month ban, all those posts asking for him to be reinstated?

No, me neither.

I’m in block. 112 row FF in the Ninian
    there were at Least 12 seats all together in the two rows in front of me that were empty for the second half that were occupied first half work that one out

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    oh dear get the violins out :

the away support of cardiff is garbage its been proven for donkeys years , its either too expensive , too far, we are all on holiday , the cats got fleas , there is a special offer on at asda . the full nine yards . you wont average 2,000 all season even if clubs were giving you tickets for nowt.
    What is it to you what we get? Mind youre own business you plastic cnut..
    Anyone know who this idiot is or where he's from?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yes the Lower Ninian is sold out for season tickets. Didn’t see any empty ones near us and also yes, £40 plus £1 booking fee and £1 admin or some other crap for middle tier seats - not sure of top tier.

Seems a bit steep to me and really not necessary with the TV money coming in
    Have you seen the highlights dude?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Remember during his 12 month ban, all those posts asking for him to be reinstated?

No, me neither.
    I put him on ignore. Him, Kris and Walesbales, means I waste less time reading the same post/complete nonsense 400 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Not when you can watch the Brazil ‘70 esque total football of Neil’s Warnock’s Cardiff eh?
    Just like the buses when one idiot arrives another turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Have you seen the highlights dude?
    No. Just caught the end of MOTD this morning

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    I’m in block. 112 row FF in the Ninian
    there were at Least 12 seats all together in the two rows in front of me that were empty for the second half that were occupied first half work that one out
    Loads stay in the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Loads stay in the bars.
    I don’t get it
    Might has well have watched it in the pub then

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Not when you can watch the Brazil ‘70 esque total football of Neil’s Warnock’s Cardiff eh?
    Has sarcasm actually reached you in brizzle has it!? Wow ! Well done!

In all seriousness though. I’m watching premiership football. Something you can only dream of. Literally.

Empty seats but a record Premier league crowd at the CCS.
    Beating the previous record by 2500 which was against Liverpool.
    Excellent crowd in my opinion.

I was also surprised at the number of empty seats in the ground - especially in the Ninian Stand. Initially, I thought it was a maybe a traffic issue given the early kick-off time, but it soon became apparent that wasn't the case. No doubt holidays were a factor, but it was a puzzle all the same as most of the empty seats must belong to season tickets holders I'd guess.

After the game, I was talking to a mate who was sat in the upper tier of the Ninian Stand. He reckoned he paid £42 for his ticket. Is that right? Seems steep to me, I was under the impression that tickets were a good bit cheaper than that.
    So you think your mate is lying about paying £42

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    So you think your mate is lying about paying £42
    What a strange question. No, not at all, but then he didn't buy the ticket directly himself. A colleague apparently got it for him and he paid the cash when he met the other guy at the ground. He seemed surprised to have had to pay £42. I was also surprised. It seemed expensive. I hope that satisfies your curiosity.

What a strange question. No, not at all, but then he didn't buy the ticket directly himself. A colleague apparently got it for him and he paid the cash when he met the other guy at the ground. He seemed surprised to have had to pay £42. I was also surprised. It seemed expensive. I hope that satisfies your curiosity.
    Yesderdays match was a category b fixture. 40 notes general sale 2 added for admin.

Category A fixtures are 42 notes with the same 2 added.

They are the most expensive and most in the upper tier are cheaper. Maybe they were in the middle tier or the best upper seats.