+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camarasa - first impressions

Camarasa - first impressions

Strong in the air and good engine. Got some skill and the ball seemed to stick to him at times today.

On that performance today, prefer him to Gunnar every time

Re: Camarasa - first impressions

Excellent debut. New country, new league, new team mates and he really contributed once he settled in.

We shouldn’t have taken him and Murphy off as we lost shape completely when the changes were made

Looked good to me. Was busy and wasn't afraid to get stuck in.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Excellent debut. New country, new league, new team mates and he really contributed once he settled in.

We shouldn’t have taken him and Murphy off as we lost shape completely when the changes were made
    I can understand Camarasa coming off , first game, tiredness etc. but Murphy was the one causing all the problems, we lost impetus when Warnock withdrew him. I think we have a better idea today of what we might be capable of, we looked solid but wasteful in front of goal.

Had a very impressive debut ........ only downside is hat he did get caught with the ball a few times, other than that a welcomed edition to the team

Better than Grujic

Good player. Impressed with him and After today

Thought he was quite composed on the ball and seemed to be on a similar wave length the Arter, which will only develop the more games they play.

Must say I thought Harry Arter had a superb debut. Was like Bryson x 10 in terms of energy, gets stuck in and he’s a much better player on the ball. You can see he’s a player used to playing in the premier league, his speed of thought is so much quicker than most of teammates.

Wanted too much time in possession but thats probably due to his footballing upbringing.

Had a decent touch and can pass a ball which for our midfield is a godsend.

I thought Ralls played very well

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I can understand Camarasa coming off , first game, tiredness etc. but Murphy was the one causing all the problems, we lost impetus when Warnock withdrew him. I think we have a better idea today of what we might be capable of, we looked solid but wasteful in front of goal.
    I think NW made a mistake taking Murphy off too but he’d been kicked all over the pitch and he took a gamble that NML might bring a fresh pair of legs but it backfired. We needed to leave someone on Voldemort when they went down to 10 as well. Etheridge was immense again so I’m happy about our defence stepping up...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Better than Grujic

On first showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

I agree, strange subs. Newcastle saw that and gained confidence. They hated Murphy running at them.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree, strange subs. Newcastle saw that and gained confidence. They hated Murphy running at them.
    Would like to have seen warnock go for it when they went down to 10 ,, bring Reid on in place of Camarasa /Ralls instead gave them the initiative , could be argued they played better with 10 and caused us more problems
    It’s 2 games in and today instilled a bit of confidence in me with the way our defence and midfield played
    Roll on Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by Super Roger Gibbins View Post
    Strong in the air and good engine. Got some skill and the ball seemed to stick to him at times today.

I was impressed and it was a shame that he went off. We weren’t quite the same after that.

A definite upgrade on what we had previously and along with Arter, a huge improvement.

So along with Ralls, that is a decent midfield in my opinion.

He looked knackered before he came off. Not sure Warnock had any other option.

Promising debut. Arter was great and Ralls was good. Nothing spectacular but heartened by midfielders display.

He was excellent and I thought our midfield was the best it has been for a long long time.
    It had great balance and Camarasa had a bit of class about him and he'll get better as he gets used to the pace of the game. Arter reminded of a rich man's Bryson.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Roger Gibbins View Post

Very good.
    We lost our impetus when he came off.

Very promising performance from him, real balance in midfield with him Ralls & Arter. only worry is Arter looks really up for it and throws himself about a bit, he is bound to get a few injuries or suspensions and we ain't got anything to back this 3 up

Quality player. Didn’t see a lot of it today but has a good reputation for going forward. Saying that some excellent skills/touches. With Arter & Camarasa I believe it’s the strongest midfield that we have had for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    Very promising performance from him, real balance in midfield with him Ralls & Arter. only worry is Arter looks really up for it and throws himself about a bit, he is bound to get a few injuries or suspensions and we ain't got anything to back this 3 up
    I wouldn’t say nothing. We have Gunnarson , Paterson , Damour.

Although I concede it’s not up to the standard of the starting midfield today.

Thats just it Gunnarson, Paterson & Damour are nowhere near the quality of the 3 that played today

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    I agree. Midfield has been neglected for too long and Arter and Camarasa have given us a completely new dimension to our play, but if we lose them then our back up is nowhere near. Paterson cannot even contribute to our midfield. He hasn't got a first touch amd all he offers at this level is flick ons, we've got to have more at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He was excellent and I thought our midfield was the best it has been for a long long time.
    It had great balance and Camarasa had a bit of class about him and he'll get better as he gets used to the pace of the game. Arter reminded of a rich man's Bryson.
    We had a proper midfield for the first time for several years.

How we have managed to do as well as we have without one during that period is a real conundrum.. ........

Suddenly we had more possession than the opposition!

Looked very good, that flick over Diame's head in the first half was pure filth

After reviewing the game I was wrong to criticise Victor, I wonder if Ralls would ever be under threat when Gunnar returns, with Gunnar DM and Artet and Victor just in front?