+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camarasa - first impressions

Re: Camarasa - first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    After reviewing the game I was wrong to criticise Victor, I wonder if Ralls would ever be under threat when Gunnar returns, with Gunnar DM and Artet and Victor just in front?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I can understand Camarasa coming off , first game, tiredness etc. but Murphy was the one causing all the problems, we lost impetus when Warnock withdrew him. I think we have a better idea today of what we might be capable of, we looked solid but wasteful in front of goal.
    I thought Murphy tired or took a knock which affected his pace in the latter stages, similar to last week at Bournemouth. Both Murphy and Victor
    had good games for us and among the better quality in our team.
    Spedger

He is a neat and tidy player and adds something to the midfield that was previously lacking - quality. When fully fit and integrated with his team mates he will be an excellent player.

He's got some skills, looked very classy at times.

Murphy wasn't 100% after the foul that saw the guy sent off. I guess Warnock always intended to take Camarasa off at some point was was sort of forced to move Reid out wide and put Paterson in the middle.
    Not ideal but I don't think we had much choice.

After reviewing the game I was wrong to criticise Victor, I wonder if Ralls would ever be under threat when Gunnar returns, with Gunnar DM and Artet and Victor just in front?
    He shouldn't be.

Why does praise of Joe Ralls always seem a bit reluctant and underwhelming yet we are gushing about new arrivals. Yes Arter was excellent today and victor was very positive for first game but personally I thought joe was outstanding and has been the linch pin of our side for some time.

The quality of our midfield went up considerably today,
    and Joe looked completely at home. I'm really pleased with and for him.

No chance. Ralls is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Good debut from Camarasa. New country, new league, new team mates. I thought he played well, and I think he’ll get better.

Ralls was superb and yesterday was one of the best games I have seen him play. Camarasa is possibly the only player on our books who can hold the ball and he definitely adds something to our midfield. I can't see Gunnarson being selected while yesterday's midfield are fit.

Two month bump

Best player in the team. I wonder how we'd fare with Camarasa, Reid, Murphy and Ralls starting. Or do we need Gunnar in there?

Maybe a couple of us were wrong about Gunnar. I’m a big fan of Ralls, but our midfield looked better today. Camarasa is a top signing, fair play,

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Maybe a couple of us were wrong about Gunnar. I’m a big fan of Ralls, but our midfield looked better today. Camarasa is a top signing, fair play,
    Yep. Streets ahead of the rest of our midfield and only getting better.

I’d have gunnar over ralls. I feel like he might have a bit more nous. Important in these types of games. The experience he has playing for Iceland as underdogs in big international games I think might suit our current situation. Just make sure he knows his role and I think he’ll do job. I’d use ralls for rotation and subs.

Camarasa reminds me of the Lallana of a few years back. And I think as Divine Wright wrote, Gunnar has more nous than Ralls. Gunnar’s positioning gives us a better shape with Arter and Camarasa running round in front of him. As much as I’m fond of Ralls he does look a bit “Champ player” at times with his decision-making.

Camarasa reminds me of the late great Ian Gibson.

Quickly become a vital player for us. Is quite quick also with the ball, seized on the slip by ream and was off.

Top class we will do well to hold onto him ,wonder if he has any striker mates ,who fancy a pop in January, not like the last Spanish striker we signed though in January , who said I'll pop over at the season end , and then he never really popped up at all and then left .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He shouldn't be.
    I think Ralls will be under threat if Gunnerson keeps delivering like that ,who do you drop ?