+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peltier

Peltier

He goes from starting last week to not making the squad the following week. Was he injured or just dropped?

Re: Peltier

I think it was right decision to drop him, was surprised it was from the squad completely.

Manga did ok at right back but is not an awful lot better than Peltier with the ball at his feet. Can only assume Warnock has concerns about Jazz Richards defensive abilities, otherwise he would be my choice at right back. Thought Warnock could have made a positive move by bringing Richards on after the red card, to give us a bit more ability going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I think it was right decision to drop him, was surprised it was from the squad completely.

Manga did ok at right back but is not an awful lot better than Peltier with the ball at his feet. Can only assume Warnock has concerns about Jazz Richards defensive abilities, otherwise he would be my choice at right back. Thought Warnock could have made a positive move by bringing Richards on after the red card, to give us a bit more ability going forward.
    That’s an excellent shout. Would have been very un-Warnock mind.

I like Peltier but admit he could struggle with the step up to the PL. He seems to be one of NW's favourites, so if he's been dropped after just one game it's worrying. Also makes you wonder why another right back wasn't brought in over the summer.

Really don’t think he is Premiership standard but would like to be proved wrong. Would prefer Richards and Manga before Peltier. Gives away silly free kicks and not exactly the best going forward. Believe NW tried to reward as many players as possible last week from the main bunch that got us promoted.