+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOADS OF FULL SEATS YESTERDAY

Re: LOADS OF FULL SEATS YESTERDAY

I was lucky to make the Newcastle game as I flew to Spain on Sunday morning at 6am... I'm flying back on the 2nd sept and should land at Cardiff airport at 11.20am... I should get to the CCS in time for kick off but any delays could see me miss kick off.... I could have missed both of these games if Sky hadn't done me a huge favour by changing the kick off times..... My question is, if I miss kick off against Arsenal but come in after 20 minutes will my seat be classed as being an empty seat?

Nice view of Ninian Stand here https://twitter.com/joebennett27/sta...713086465?s=21

Bound to be a few empties, but not exactly swathes of them. Most notable is the hospitality area. I guess they were inside eating their prawn sarnies.

From where I sat there were certainly hundreds of empty seats to be seen in the Family Stand though

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    All someone stated was that there were quite a few empty seats, an observation if you will. Some people on here are almost evangelical in their responses, sanctimonious arseholes. It's a bit like that sketch from the life of Brian when that old bloke is about to get stoned to death for saying 'Jehovah' and the baying crowd who don't really care, but pretend to.
    THIS!

There WERE empty seats. And to me, quite a surprising amount especially after all the posts and emails I saw from people desperate to get a ticket. I'm NOT complaining. We broke a 30,000 crowd. I think that's decent. I'm just a little surprised that's all. I'll know what to expect from now on.

I get the thing about the kids etc, people like me forget that there's more on offer at the ground on match days now. To some, it's not all about sitting in your seat and watching the game. I'm still surprised when I see almost entire stands empty at half-time. Stadiums are different now. I'm used to leaving the pub at 2:45pm, walking to the ground, standing on the Bob Bank for the whole game and maybe going for a piss at some point. Though never at half time, that would just be ridiculous.