+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we don't score against Huddersfield...

If we don't score against Huddersfield...

...will it be full on panic mode?

Re: If we don't score against Huddersfield...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    A 0-0 away to Huddersfield would normally be a satisfactory result. However, it's not just the lack of goals, it's the lack of shots or even chances. Still, no point in panicking. There's nothing I can do about it. There's nothing anyone can do about it at the moment.

No but it isn't ideal. I honestly have no idea who's going to regularly chip in with goals and we've got to try and squeeze Reid in the side because of that. Arter, Ralls and Camarasa were very good on Saturday but are they going to score 10-15 goals between them? I can't see it.

If we don’t the next 4 matches are a lot harder, could be October before we score

Lads I played fifa last night and have our lack of goals sorted.

Etheridge

Bennett
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Manga

Arter
    Ralls / camarasa

Hoilett
    Reid
    Murphy

Zohore

This is the team to score our first goal. The added creativity of Reid to help out zohore, Murphy and Hoilett to be direct out wide but also go beyond Reid and zohore where possible.

Arter and Ralls or camarasa to break up play and recycle.

Bennett on always overlap. Manga on stay back while attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If we don’t the next 4 matches are a lot harder, could be October before we score
    What a thought but not unrealistic!

I have been disappointed in the first two games with the delivery at set pieces. We don't seem to have found a set piece taker in the squad yet. We need that addressed asap. Ralls is ok but we need something a bit extra. I would have thought set pieces would be key for us due to the lack of proven strikers. Murphy will win a lot of free kicks so we need to maximise every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think we could win one of those 3, pressure off, sit back as they miss a few good chances and then boom Morrison header from a set piece.

So we haven't scored in our last 3 competitive (including Reading). Very surprised that we aren't getting the ball in the box from corners and set pieces. I hope Neil is working on that during the week. Would have liked to see Madine have a go with about 20 minutes to go. Ken was trying but didn't look match fit. I think we will break our duck against the udders.

In Swansea City's first season in the Premier League, after 4 games they had scored 0 and averaged roughly 3 shots on target per game. They finished 11th largely down to a decent defence.

It'll take time for our players to get used to new surroundings - most have no experience of this division in the same way as few of the Jacks in 2011 had Premier League experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In Swansea City's first season in the Premier League, after 4 games they had scored 0 and averaged roughly 3 shots on target per game. They finished 11th largely down to a decent defence.

It'll take time for our players to get used to new surroundings - most have no experience of this division in the same way as few of the Jacks in 2011 had Premier League experience.
    Far too sensible for this board Eric. Take a 1 day suspension to consider whether you should post logical & factual information in the future.

I thought it was because of the Swansea way. Are you suggesting that was all a load of bollocks? Because I've had my suspicions for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A 0-0 away to Huddersfield would normally be a satisfactory result. However, it's not just the lack of goals, it's the lack of shots or even chances. Still, no point in panicking. There's nothing I can do about it. There's nothing anyone can do about it at the moment.
    Nope, miracle we got promoted and throwing 100 million at it isn’t the way to go. Reckon our defence is good enough, so is our new midfield, we have pace in the wings so let’s just hope all this will provide the platform for goals. Next game is a great opportunity though, will we get the rub of the green?

Yep they were attempting to take the piss on there forum, when someone shut them up big time when reminding them of there first four games.

I hate to upset folk ,but is it time to release the Madine , to rough it up

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I hate to upset folk ,but is it time to release the Madine , to rough it up
    I reckon he might do ok, we should have brought him on against a weary Newcastle, he’ll bang one in off his head I bet u.

Didn’t we have somebody who taught Rudi how to jump properly? Ken barely seems to leave the floor sometimes.