+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chelsea two games in and no Ampadu ..even on bench.

Chelsea two games in and no Ampadu ..even on bench.

..is he in the 25?

Re: Chelsea two games in and no Ampadu ..even on bench.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..is he in the 25?
    He doesn’t need to be, does he? Due to his age.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He doesn’t need to be, does he? Due to his age.
    That’s right.

From what I've seen so far, Sarri is not a tinkerer. The back four has remained unchanged, and he's only changed one midfielder and one forward since the Community Shield, with identical starting lineups in both Premier League games. He also hasn't substituted a defender in these 3 games.

Regarding Ampadu I'm not quite sure where he fits in. During the pre-season games I thought he was their best centre-half, but he's got at least three players ahead of him right now. I'm guessing Sarri had a close look at him, and thinks he's not quite ready yet.

He’s only 17 in he? I think it would be wrong to just chuck him in right now

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He’s only 17 in he? I think it would be wrong to just chuck him in right now
    Some players develop faster physically, he certainly doesn't back out of any challenges. I'd say it's down to reliability and experience of the older heads, and Chelsea want to be up there challenge for the title this year. So on balance it makes sense not to play him in the big games just yet, and there will be cup games coming up where he can get more experience. It will be interesting to see what Giggs take on things is. He's been playing as a defensive midfielder for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Some players develop faster physically, he certainly doesn't back out of any challenges. I'd say it's down to reliability and experience of the older heads, and Chelsea do want to challenge for the title this year. So on balance it makes sense not to play him in the big games just yet, and there will be cup games coming up where he can get more experience.
    Chelsea have Christensen on the bench, and Cahill doesn't make the squad. There's a lot of things that need to happen for Ampadu to get a kick in a league game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Chelsea have Christensen on the bench, and Cahill doesn't make the squad. There's a lot of things that need to happen for Ampadu to get a kick in a league game.
    Not sure if Cahill will get a look in, is he suited to Sarri-ball? Ampadu is the most comfortable on the ball out of all of them, so that is a plus for him. I would imagine it's all down to trust, as you don't want your young players making mistakes that can lose games. It's bad for the team and the player.

Don’t forget the lad is 17. When was the last time a 17 year old held down a place in Chelsea’s matchday 18?

I actually have no idea, Terry is probably the easiest example who debuted aged 18. Loftus-Cheek in more recent times at 18 as well.

He will get opportunities, he will play all of the cup games and they’ve got Europa League games coming up.

Not sure if Cahill will get a look in, is he suited to Sarri-ball? Ampadu is the most comfortable on the ball out of all of them, so that is a plus for him. I would imagine it's all down to trust, as you don't want your young players making mistakes that can lose games. It's bad for the team and the player.
    Luiz, Christensen and Rudiger are all extremely comfortable on the ball. Cahill played in the England side this summer that passed it out from the back. Ampadu is 17, we shouldn't expect too much of him too soon.

Worth £50m to £60m according to Pat Nevin

https://icfootballnews.com/pevin-has...ge-for-ampadu/

Luiz, Christensen and Rudiger are all extremely comfortable on the ball. Cahill played in the England side this summer that passed it out from the back. Ampadu is 17, we shouldn't expect too much of him too soon.
    Shows you how good he is, Luiz and Christensen both played the ball out through Ampadu when they partnered him.

Shows you how good he is, Luiz and Christensen both played the ball out through Ampadu when they partnered him.
    In a friendly...

In a friendly...
    You can either pass the ball or you can't. Luckily for him he is very good at it, that's why people in the game rate him so highly. He is a very exciting prospect for Wales, and has come along just at the right time with Ashley Williams nearing the end of his career. It means we can still play with 2 or 3 centre-halves.

You can either pass the ball or you can't. Luckily for him he is very good at it, that's why people in the game rate him so highly. He is a very exciting prospect for Wales, and has come along just at the right time.
    He's 17. Let the kid develop, because that's what he is, a kid.

He's 17. Let the kid develop, because that's what he is, a kid.
    As you know not all kids are created equal, every now and again a Giggs or a Rooney comes along. Don't take my word for it, listen to what the coaches and the scouts have to say. I just paid attention to his recent games because of all the hype. My conclusion is he already has all the attributes to make a breakthrough, it all about managing expectation now, and that is Sarri's job.

Chelsea loaned 30 odd players out, why couldn’t we have this kid! Then he doesn’t have to travel to far for Wales games. Makes perfect sense!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Chelsea loaned 30 odd players out, why couldn’t we have this kid! Then he doesn’t have to travel to far for Wales games. Makes perfect sense!
    Well, that was my thinking