+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All Or Nothing - Manchester City

All Or Nothing - Manchester City

May have missed it but don’t remember seeing anything on here about the new Amazon Prime series. Finished binge watching it last night. I thought it was fantastic. Seems like they have an incredible team spirit. I didn’t even get pissed off at the episode where Joe Bennett had some extended focus.

Many of them come out of it exuding class

Re: All Or Nothing - Manchester City

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    May have missed it but don’t remember seeing anything on here about the new Amazon Prime series. Finished binge watching it last night. I thought it was fantastic. Seems like they have an incredible team spirit. I didn’t even get pissed off at the episode where Joe Bennett had some extended focus.

Like who?

Interested in watching it.

Does it go into peps tactics etc at all?

What would mourinho have found lacking class about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Like who?
    David Silva, Kompany. To be fair they all come across pretty well. It’s a great insight

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Gets into everything including tactics.

Doesn’t have a go at Mourinho at all. Just some footage of Man City fans taunting Utd with a ‘Park The Bus’ song

It’s one of the best football documentaries I’ve ever seen. Totally absorbing

David Silva, Kompany. To be fair they all come across pretty well. It’s a great insight
    Silva is class on and off the field. Top player.

I’ve seen two, the first thing that hit me was the team spirit there, noth8ng like you might think, team of over paid pre mads etc....
    A proper unit, from the kit man up, what a place to be that must be, like the opposite of Man Utd currently I guess. Can’t help not begrudge city though, bought it more than anyone ever, but having had to put up with Utd on your doorstep winning everything whilst they plunged into the abyss of league 1, you kind of feel it’s poetic justice for their fans. I hope they win the champions league.
    ..looking forward to the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Nothing, he’s just bitter. They come across really well, humble, fortunate, decent people.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nothing, he’s just bitter. They come across really well, humble, fortunate, decent people.
    Agreed. I’d imagine many dressing rooms are similarly good places, but I was really impressed with the entire set up at Man City. They’ve created something amazing as a complex there and the sports science stuff is off the charts. Fascinating

Gets into everything including tactics.

Doesn’t have a go at Mourinho at all. Just some footage of Man City fans taunting Utd with a ‘Park The Bus’ song

It’s one of the best football documentaries I’ve ever seen. Totally absorbing
    There's little about Man Utd as they refused to cooperate in the documentary unlike every other club.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    There's little about Man Utd as they refused to cooperate in the documentary unlike every other club.
    What do you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’ve seen two, the first thing that hit me was the team spirit there, noth8ng like you might think, team of over paid pre mads etc....
    A proper unit, from the kit man up, what a place to be that must be, like the opposite of Man Utd currently I guess. Can’t help not begrudge city though, bought it more than anyone ever, but having had to put up with Utd on your doorstep winning everything whilst they plunged into the abyss of league 1, you kind of feel it’s poetic justice for their fans. I hope they win the champions league.
    ..looking forward to the rest
    To be fair, team spirit is almost certainly going to be very good when you're winning most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair, team spirit is almost certainly going to be very good when you're winning most weeks.
    And being paid very well to do so!

Interesting to see the future of football loyalties in Manchester now. Manchester city have built one of the best clubs in the world (both mens and womens) but Manchester united are still, just about, up there and have invested (not directly but the wider United community) in grassroots levels with off-shoots such as FC United and Salford City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, but they seem quite normal which could be good editing I know, hissy fits nicely excluded.

I've watched the first few and what surprised me is how I can't understand what Pep is saying (I even put the subtitles on and have watched his HT team talk at the League Cup final 3 times, and still don't know what he is on about)

Whereas there are some interesting insights, which we are never likely to see without a documentary like this, I can't help thinking that it must have inevitably been edited in a favourable light.

That said, despite it only being last year, which for Man City proved to be a great year to make a documentary like this, some of the football they played is lovely to watch. Again.

At the moment though, I'm not quite rushing to watch the rest of the series.

PS . I meant to add that so far, sadly, there are no David Brent-esque moments such as those that littered the 'Being: Liverpool' documentary. (see my comment above about the final edit)

It is fascinating viewing. That said the relentless corporate propaganda is wearing a bit thin after episode 4. The narrative is that Man City are some form of virtuous football entity engaged in a heroic struggle against the forces of evil. Needless to say we don’t come out if it too well after the FA Cup game. As far as I can recall we are yet to see any Man City player commit a foul, presumably because they’re not those sort of guys. The inspirational quotes of their nominal owner Sheikh Mansour, who has attended 1 match ever, look faintly absurd painted on the dressing room walls. And as the investment in Man City is in essence a vehicle for Abu Dhabi’s global political and business ambitions, we sure don’t get to hear about their beliefs on human rights, women’s rights, sexual orientation etc. Anyway like all good Disney stories we know our heroes will triumph in the end. Interesting for the Guardiola stuff, it is just all a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    It is fascinating viewing. That said the relentless corporate propaganda is wearing a bit thin after episode 4. The narrative is that Man City are some form of virtuous football entity engaged in a heroic struggle against the forces of evil. Needless to say we don’t come out if it too well after the FA Cup game. As far as I can recall we are yet to see any Man City player commit a foul, presumably because they’re not those sort of guys. The inspirational quotes of their nominal owner Sheikh Mansour, who has attended 1 match ever, look faintly absurd painted on the dressing room walls. And as the investment in Man City is in essence a vehicle for Abu Dhabi’s global political and business ambitions, we sure don’t get to hear about their beliefs on human rights, women’s rights, sexual orientation etc. Anyway like all good Disney stories we know our heroes will triumph in the end. Interesting for the Guardiola stuff, it is just all a bit weird.
    Your points on the additional colour are well made, and of course it’s a sugar coated view. It’s thoroughly entertaining television nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I've watched the first few and what surprised me is how I can't understand what Pep is saying (I even put the subtitles on and have watched his HT team talk at the League Cup final 3 times, and still don't know what he is on about)

Whereas there are some interesting insights, which we are never likely to see without a documentary like this, I can't help thinking that it must have inevitably been edited in a favourable light.

That said, despite it only being last year, which for Man City proved to be a great year to make a documentary like this, some of the football they played is lovely to watch. Again.

At the moment though, I'm not quite rushing to watch the rest of the series.

PS . I meant to add that so far, sadly, there are no David Brent-esque moments such as those that littered the 'Being: Liverpool' documentary. (see my comment above about the final edit)
    Pep is so full on, animated, passionate. No wonder he needs to take a break from the game now and then. He breathes it.

Just finished watching it , a great insight behind the scenes at a top prem league club ,
    Players are pampered for sure but they seemed really down to earth bunch
    Couldn’t understand a word of what pep was saying in his team meetings and pre match talks
    The players must be highly intelligent to take on board what he is on about