Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
That's the very reason I'm asking that question in public, I've tried to understand your motivation, but I give up.
My motivation is old-fashioned. I think people should behave responsibly, and that irresponsible actions should be met with an apology. Amazingly. my motivation is not derived from on the field success, nor from big transfer fees, cup finals, and all the other jazz that football fans can't live without these days. Not sure why you are replying in this thread seeing as I have sent you a PM to avoid this thread turning into something that it didn't start off as, and to avoid another ban. But, seeing as you are intent on it being public, here was my response.

"
For once, you have managed to condense the last 6 years into such succinctity that you have missed some crucial things with regards to recent history at the club. The very fact that you need to mention that the club is now wearing blue shirts, and indicate it as a positive thing sort of misses the point but succinctly proves the point. I have noticed you've become somewhat something of a revisionist in recent years. Nowhere, not even in your revisionist summary of a question, has anyone mentioned that Tan has still not apologised for his behaviour between 2012- (when? the appointment of Warnock?). Behaviour that resulted (regardless of the precise number) in people no longer spending money at a business he runs. It's all ok now though, the club are almost able to sell out a home Premier League game at the start of a Premier League season.

What I am doing is what I have always done on this message board (since about 1997, when crowds were shit and fans were less protective of a run-down club), whether that be as Euclid, Kaiser Jirga II or Badly ironed Shirt or (because of a webmaster who doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "trolling") Kris - give my opinions. In the past, on this very board, I was labelled a gay for speaking against people like ***** Abraham. I also received an "invitation" to see Hammam because of my opinions of his spending. I have also been labelled a "termite" by Steve Borley because (at a time when crowds were barely 3,000) he decided to make it more expensive for people who bought tickets on a match day - something that resulted in my friend boycotting the club for a long time because (with illness and no work) he was in no position to buy tickets in advance. I have received PMs from certain fans threatening all sorts (Mike always ignored these) In all of the above, I was more or less a lone voice with plenty of dissenters. Just because my current opinions are less palatable to the majority than some of my previous views, it doesn't give you the right to question my "motives" (something you have intimated in previous threads) as if these motives are any different to any other times that I have found the club's behaviour unreasonable.

I suspect that, in 2008, you wouldn't have asked that precise question would you? In the same way, I wouldn't have been able to ask you how you would react if an owner labelled you a customer and that he would happily lose one in four of you. Neither of us have an ability to look into the future.

History is usually written by the victors, of which Tan currently stands in that camp. However, I can very well remember the exact points that Tan's antics became something to protest about to the majority of fans - and if my memory starts to fail, I'll just look at the results and say "That's when Tan was seen as being a !**&!, and that's where Tan was loved and lauded by the fans".

Being in a minority is never wrong - failing to give an opinion is. Making comments (like I do) about the club (comments that I always stand by) is not trolling. I'm fully aware that this board is less about football these days, and is turning into an Echo Chamber. I am also aware that some people write things here thinking that Tan may be reading, and hoping he warms up enough to open his cheque book.

Apologies for not answering any of the three previous times, I am conscious that I am spending too much time on this board (according to some), and am a little nervous that a truthful response will see another ban for "taking the piss" from Mike the Precious and his colourful ads.

The very fact that my opinion doesn't change with the promise of Premier League football, or a cup run, or a promotion, or a £6m striker, and the fact that you think that my opinion should change is pretty much a succinct and compact way of illustrating that you don't really get it. "