+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching the game again now

Watching the game again now

It's interesting in retrospect , we did pass well, we could have had more on targets shot with more poise, better positioned forwards , better quality final ball

Arters foul in my view was the same as the red card they had.

Zohore cannot head a ball and in some cases looks scared too.

Re: Watching the game again now

How did the empty seats look on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    God knows I just watch the footy

Watching MoTD at the moment, the front 4-6 rows of the Bob Bank are probably 40% empty.

Funny seeing Warnock, who was whinging about the PL last season, now whinging about the Championship and not missing it. Linekar said "Not a great game" (is he trolling you Mike?) .

That was my opinion too, I only watched about half an hour live on TV then decided to switch channels. Only just watching MoTD because I have a day off work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Watching MoTD at the moment, the front 4-6 rows of the Bob Bank are probably 40% empty.

Funny seeing Warnock, who was whinging about the PL last season, now whinging about the Championship and not missing it. Linekar said "Not a great game" (is he trolling you Mike?) .

That was my opinion too, I only watched about half an hour live on TV then decided to switch channels. Only just watching MoTD because I have a day off work.
    Thanks for letting us know

On Sky drinking Guinness in Tenby , it's a better game than MOTD and when I watched live in Saturday amongst a crowd of 75 thousand it went on longer?

Great update.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Great update.
    Thanks, it is on subject but no doubt some see it as a trolling exercise.

Two very poor teams, I thought Newcastle would be alright this season. Now, I'm not so sure.

Two very poor teams, I thought Newcastle would be alright this season. Now, I'm not so sure.

Newcastle were terrible, as they were the week before against Spurs... If Rafa cones to his senses and leaves they have no chance.

We looked ok defensively but need more going forward!

As I watched the game I was wondering what a difference Troy Deeney could have made. And at the end of it, despite the penalty save, it still felt like 2 points dropped.

Give us a feckin chance mun. We’ve only played 2 games. I really didn’t think the moaning and groaning would start this soon.

Heisenberg

You watched "about half an hour" of the game and made your decision that it wasn't great?

Well done

Arter's foul was not the same. Arter's was a trip, shin to shin contact, not dangerous but a definite yellow. Their player caught Murphy on the back of his calf with his studs, which could have caused serious injury.

Give us a feckin chance mun. We’ve only played 2 games. I really didn’t think the moaning and groaning would start this soon.
    You know every game game counts right? Even the ones in August.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You know every game game counts right? Even the ones in August.
    Of course I do. But dear God we’ve a brand new miidfield only played once together. New players who will take time to gel. At least give them a chance instead of giving up after 2 games.

2 games in and the doom and gloom merchants are out.
    New midfield playing in an alien way ie passing !
    Ken only passed fit on the morning of the game.
    Loads of positives.

It’s fine of course to comment on games. But we’ll clearly need a bit more time to make general assessments.

Of course I do. But dear God we’ve a brand new miidfield only played once together. New players who will take time to gel. At least give them a chance instead of giving up after 2 games.
    Who's giving up?

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Arter's foul was not the same. Arter's was a trip, shin to shin contact, not dangerous but a definite yellow. Their player caught Murphy on the back of his calf with his studs, which could have caused serious injury.
    Arter’s was similar to Kenedy’s - it was a challenge on somebody with no intention of winning the ball at all. Personally I think both were red cards. The one on Murphy was a red card and a challenge he didn’t need to make but he was trying to play the ball.

You really are a grade A berk who doesnt deserve the time of day. Bog off and bother someone elses board.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Arter’s was similar to Kenedy’s - it was a challenge on somebody with no intention of winning the ball at all. Personally I think both were red cards. The one on Murphy was a red card and a challenge he didn’t need to make but he was trying to play the ball.
    The one on Murphy could have broken his leg. Arters wouldnt have. Kenedys was violent conduct. One was violent/dangerous play and the other was a professional foul. How you can say Hayden was playing the ball is beyond me - he had to go through the man to get it and was nowhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The one on Murphy could have broken his leg. Arters wouldnt have. Kenedys was violent conduct. One was violent/dangerous play and the other was a professional foul. How you can say Hayden was playing the ball is beyond me - he had to go through the man to get it and was nowhere near it.
    I know it could have broken his leg and as I said it was a challenge he didn’t need to make but I do think he had the intention of playing the ball as bad as the tackle was/looked. Arter’s was not a good challenge, he was frustrated by the player skipping past him and he just booted him around the knee area, when he could have just clipped his ankle. That’s why I think it was a red card.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If Kenedy's is violent conduct then so is Arter's challenge. Arter is nowhere near the ball and kicks Joselu across the knee! Just because it doesn't technically happen "off the ball" (like Kenedy's) it doesn't make it any less of a terrible challenge. The bias is astounding.

Arter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I know it could have broken his leg and as I said it was a challenge he didn’t need to make but I do think he had the intention of playing the ball as bad as the tackle was/looked. Arter’s was not a good challenge, he was frustrated by the player skipping past him and he just booted him around the knee area, when he could have just clipped his ankle. That’s why I think it was a red card.
    'Booted him' he's hung his leg out to trip him. Slow motion makes the tiniest tap look like a GBH.

I enjoyed the game and thought we were a lot better than week before . Still not creating enough in front of goal but hope that will come as new signings settle in.
    Newcastle managed the game well once they went down to 10 men , seemed to win majority if not all the free kicks after the sending off , slowed down game at every opportunity . Not sure how much our substitutions helped Newcastle either and/or whether it was Arter having to back off due to his yellow card ?
    We need to be more clinical in future , I am sure we will be practicing set pieces this week which on the whole were disappointing.
    Big game Saturday (as I know they all are BUT ) this is a chance to go 4 points clear of Huddersfield and maybe 1 or 2 other teams